GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Anyone have an SK-R Duraflex Body Kit on their GS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-12, 07:46 AM
SpeedMama
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have an SK-R Duraflex Body Kit on their GS 350?

Hi Guys,

I'm getting an 08 GS 350 and I know right off the bat that I'm going to make some slight mod's to it. One of the things I'm looking into is getting a new body kit. I'm not into the curvy look, so I'm looking for something with some more angle and stance to it. I found an SK-R Duraflex Body Kit, not liking the back, but I'm interested in the front bumper. Only problem is I can't find any pics with cars that have this kit installed. Does anyone have any examples? Also, does anyone know of some more edgy aggressive kits that might exist for my make/model GS? I love the car, just need something less curvy....

Any help/advice would be great! Thanks!
Old 09-28-12, 08:31 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

i doubt you'll find a member that has the kit installed so they only option would be the vendors photo

Old 09-28-12, 09:04 AM
SpeedMama
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I definitely seen the vendor pic. I liked it, but I'm just very curious as to why I can't find anyone who has it installed......

Side note, I know this may sound like a really dumb question, but is there anyway to get a 2013 kit on a 2008??? LOL I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE the new GS - especially the GS F Sport OMG!
Old 09-28-12, 09:06 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

front's foglights looks like a hyundai =\

You can retrofit the 2013 front end to the old GS, not sure how involved you are with that, as it'll cost you a lot *yikes*
Old 09-28-12, 09:17 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not my cup of tea.......
Old 09-28-12, 09:20 AM
uncandid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats hideous
Old 09-28-12, 10:33 AM
SpeedMama
Driver School Candidate

Well, what can I say, the curves on the 08 GS aren't my cup of tea and I don't want to simply add a lip, because it'll still be that lady like curve... I'll keep the curves to myself thankyou

The SK-R kit definitely not the most appealing thing out there, was just looking around.

And yeah, retrofitting the new model bumper would be expensive and most likely would look retarded

If I could have afforded it, I would have bought the brand new 2013. I still love my GS, definitely an upgrade from my Altima and frees me from always driving my Quest! Just doing research to see if there's more options out there. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-28-12, 10:45 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
front's foglights looks like a hyundai =\

You can retrofit the 2013 front end to the old GS, not sure how involved you are with that, as it'll cost you a lot *yikes*
Yeah, fogs look decidedly suspect on that one - but at least it has them!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s-bodykit.html
Old 09-28-12, 10:45 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

SpeedMama, thank you for taking some interest in our product. If you send me Private Message, I can get you an exclusive forum member quote (guaranteed to be the lowest price you'll find) and I will also promise you that if you have any issues with our kit that are out of your control than I will be more than happy to exchange the part(s) or refund you 100% including shipping costs. Obviously its case by case. So by with the peace of mind that we stand behind our product. Thank you!

I noticed your a new member. If you can't PM give me a call directly.

714.278-8000 ext. 19
Old 09-28-12, 11:03 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedMama
And yeah, retrofitting the new model bumper would be expensive and most likely would look retarded
I havent looked into it but im sure its much more involved then the bumper. considering the headlights are different you would need the fenders, hood, grille, bumper and any type of bracket for the fenders and such. probably a very pricey upgrade
Old 09-28-12, 11:38 AM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

I would pass on that body kit. But if you like it then go for it. Heads up though if that kit is made by extreme dimensions ive had some major fitment issues with them in the past. If youre gonna buy their products then buy it directly from them in case you run into any issues. I made the mistake of buying it through one of their dealers and when I needed any help I had to deal with the middle man which was no help to me in the end. If I were you I would spend a little extra more money one a better kit and save the headache.
Old 09-28-12, 12:06 PM
SpeedMama
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Boron
Yeah, fogs look decidedly suspect on that one - but at least it has them!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s-bodykit.html
Thanks for the link, now I think I can finally understand why no one really wants to change up the 3rd gen. If you're buying the car for a certain look, that means you like it. Most of the replies on that thread were negative because most people like the classic smooth look of the 3GS.

Personally I'm up for the aggressive look of the 4GS. Do they actually make this kit, or as the person mentioned, is it just a prototype?
Old 09-28-12, 01:34 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by maying856
I would pass on that body kit. But if you like it then go for it. Heads up though if that kit is made by extreme dimensions ive had some major fitment issues with them in the past. If youre gonna buy their products then buy it directly from them in case you run into any issues. I made the mistake of buying it through one of their dealers and when I needed any help I had to deal with the middle man which was no help to me in the end. If I were you I would spend a little extra more money one a better kit and save the headache.
I do apologize about your experience with our product and I am sorry that our trusted distributor did not follow our guidelines in helping out a customer. I can assure you if you buy from us directly we will take care of you and you will not pay more, you will pay less. We offer the lowest price guaranteed.
Old 09-28-12, 04:50 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SpeedMama
Thanks for the link, now I think I can finally understand why no one really wants to change up the 3rd gen. If you're buying the car for a certain look, that means you like it. Most of the replies on that thread were negative because most people like the classic smooth look of the 3GS.

Personally I'm up for the aggressive look of the 4GS. Do they actually make this kit, or as the person mentioned, is it just a prototype?
Seems prototype or one-off custom at the moment.
Nothing more can generally be found online, so it's a bit of an unknown presently.
Maybe it'll stay that way, or someone will do something similar and make it a purchasable item - who knows?

The more I see the new face across the range, the more I'm growing to like it, and that Crystal one shows it can be made to work on the 3GS, although I'd personally prefer the light housings on the corners colour coded or done away with altogether.
Otherwise, it looks pretty neat.
Old 09-29-12, 07:08 AM
SpeedMama
Driver School Candidate

Thanks again for the feedback everyone. I picked up my gs last night and it drives like I'm on a cloud!! First thing I gotta do is get a second pair of keys! Some tints, new rims and then the rest will follow. Do you guys know where I can get the sensors for the wheels? I think I'll need new ones when I change out the rims and wheels.

Thanks again for your help

Totally loving my new baby!!

Quick Reply: Anyone have an SK-R Duraflex Body Kit on their GS 350?