GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Completely Disgusted!! Lexus denied a warranty claim!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 07:21 PM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The air seats are tricky sometimes. To me anyways. When I'm driving, I hardly feel it. Granted the a/c is pumping on hot days anyway. There have been days i've sat in them with gym shorts and it felt like my shorts were wet, other times not so much lol. I'll have to take a look at my cushion tomorrow and report back. I weigh 230...
Old 09-18-12, 07:32 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not surprised they won't cover this, they don't want to cover jack nowadays. I am done with my disappointed days, back in the old days you want it done do it your self.
Old 09-18-12, 07:56 PM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really feel that the cushion collapse closes the paths for air to get out.

The seat cushions were designed to be really soft. Soft cushions don't last, but they do help to sell the car (initially).
Old 09-18-12, 07:59 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
I am not surprised they won't cover this, they don't want to cover jack nowadays. I am done with my disappointed days, back in the old days you want it done do it your self.
Agreed, they broke my B-Pillar, had some knock-up guy from outside come in and try to repair it, it looks less noticable, but still there. On top of this, they managed to somehow make the leather at the upper portion stand out a lot more. I addressed this not once, but FOUR times before my warranty was completely out. They said ti's normal and denied my warranty claim for a new one.

Keep in mind LEXUS messed up and damaged the pillar, not me, and it was recognized that the service tech DID indeed mess it up, yet I was still denied. It's bull**** but I've shrugged it off now and have moved onto other things...
Old 09-19-12, 05:00 AM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fyi...i checked mine this morning when i got in to go to work and mine doesn't look anything like that. So yours is definitely showing more signs of wear n tear but that may be their claim...normal wear n tear
Old 09-19-12, 08:22 AM
madman66
Driver School Candidate

Question was asked but im not sure if answered. What was the cost quoted to repair? Did it entail just another cushion replacement, whole seat replacement, or something else?
Old 10-03-12, 07:50 AM
Slamking18
Driver

Originally Posted by madman66
Question was asked but im not sure if answered. What was the cost quoted to repair? Did it entail just another cushion replacement, whole seat replacement, or something else?
They are saying the next step is to replace the leather skin on the bottom in which they are not willing to do under full warranty. The best they are offering is to split the cost with me 50/50 which I believe the leather is around $1,400-$1,600 + whatever labor costs it would be. I never got an official cost as I am not willing to pay any money for this considering I feel this is a fully warrantable issue.

Again, I am not overweight, and do not spend a lot of time in my car everyday to even think this could be considered "normal wear and tear" (I drive 24 miles round trip to work).
Old 10-03-12, 08:07 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much if you replaced the entire seat instead? It does look deformed to me and I do believe they should cover the entire cost under your warranty.
Old 10-03-12, 09:11 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Best bet try another dealership, if they also denie it then well you gonna have to live with it.
Old 10-03-12, 04:58 PM
Slamking18
Driver

Originally Posted by 516IS
How much if you replaced the entire seat instead? It does look deformed to me and I do believe they should cover the entire cost under your warranty.
Not sure. I wasn't interested in even asking price as I don't feel I should pay a dime.

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Best bet try another dealership, if they also denie it then well you gonna have to live with it.
I was considering this but wasn't sure how to go about it. Should I play dumb and just take it in or tell them my current dealer are being a**holes and I want a second opinion? What do you guys think would be most effective? I was kind of thinking the later would be cause it would give them incentive to win future business with me.
Old 10-03-12, 05:30 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Just go in there acting like its your first time complaining
Old 10-03-12, 08:02 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no reason to hide it, tell the new dealer that you will be using them moving forward for all your service. they have the same Lexus Rep for warranty...maybe the rep owes this dealer a favor?? you have nothing to lose buy going for a second opinion.
Old 10-03-12, 08:29 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slamking18
I am about 190 so I am pretty sure they would have a tough time telling me I am over designed weight limit.

As for the cooling, I am not sure how the other manufacturers are, but I think Lexus is pretty weak. I can barely feel the air flow as well.

No cooling issue here with my 07GS370. I took a close look (zoomed in) at your picture, it looks like the leather is not well perforated.
The holes are very much blocked. That's why not much air comes out from the seat.
The leather skin is worn out bad. The fading black color also makes the matter worse.
I am 205 lbs and own the car for almost 6 yrs.
I would split the cost to repair at this point.
Attached Thumbnails Completely Disgusted!!  Lexus denied a warranty claim!!-001.jpg  

Last edited by chuckGS350; 10-03-12 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-04-12, 05:46 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL @ worn out bad. Thats not bad at all.

You should have seen my Altima after 300,000 miles.
Old 10-04-12, 08:23 AM
Slamking18
Driver

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
No cooling issue here with my 07GS370. I took a close look (zoomed in) at your picture, it looks like the leather is not well perforated.
The holes are very much blocked. That's why not much air comes out from the seat.
The leather skin is worn out bad. The fading black color also makes the matter worse.
I am 205 lbs and own the car for almost 6 yrs.
I would split the cost to repair at this point.
It's hard to see the perforation in the picture as the flash makes it look like they are plugged. The leather itself is barely worn and there is no fading. Again, the flash distorts that a bit and I waited to condition the leather so it wouldn't glare back witht he flash. The only issue with my seat is the area I marked in red where it is deformed or streched.

Quick Reply: Completely Disgusted!! Lexus denied a warranty claim!!