GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-16-14, 12:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 04:39 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So far Lexus has not responded to my inquiry at all. At this point I'm hoping this is a good thing, meaning it is actually making it's way through the gears of the company to somebody that can actually give me good news. Rather optimistic of me... actually, totally uncharacteristic...
Old 11-19-12, 08:42 AM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i brought in my GS to my local dealership and told them about the CSP and they took it in and gave me a loaner. Said they were going to run test and what not to see if my engine falls under the CSP. 3 days later i get a call saying that my car is affected and that they will service it but the parts are back ordered and they dont have a estimated time of arrival for it. she said it can take up to months for the parts to come in..... at this point they told me to come and get my car and to use it till they get the parts in and they will call me back in for the service... Im kind of skeptical because my cousin has an IS and heres was affected as well. she brought it in after me and got it serviced the same week. Are the parts affected the same for GS and IS? And can parts really be back ordered for a couple of months? Opinions please.
Old 11-20-12, 01:35 PM
BinaryJay

Originally Posted by 0975788
So i brought in my GS to my local dealership and told them about the CSP and they took it in and gave me a loaner. Said they were going to run test and what not to see if my engine falls under the CSP. 3 days later i get a call saying that my car is affected and that they will service it but the parts are back ordered and they dont have a estimated time of arrival for it. she said it can take up to months for the parts to come in..... at this point they told me to come and get my car and to use it till they get the parts in and they will call me back in for the service... Im kind of skeptical because my cousin has an IS and heres was affected as well. she brought it in after me and got it serviced the same week. Are the parts affected the same for GS and IS? And can parts really be back ordered for a couple of months? Opinions please.
Who cares, they already said they would do it. You're lucky. The problem and engines are different so of course different parts are probably involved. How long it takes, they are probably being conservative to avoid telling you 2 weeks and then you getting angry 2 and a half weeks from now if they don't come in.

I'm still waiting for even a token reply from Lexus Canada, I swear, my experience with Lexus Canada has not been great especially after hearing all of the great things Lexus US does for its customers.
The following users liked this post:
and3re (10-06-21)
Old 11-21-12, 08:56 AM
Wren
Driver School Candidate

So is the engine design so much different between the 300 & 350's that the problem has been alleviated?
Old 11-21-12, 12:00 PM
aett258
Driver School Candidate

Default Oil loss

I reside in Canada and have brought my 2006 GS300 (US car) to the dealership to do a oil consumption test due to excecive oil consumption (Nov 19th, 2012). They told me to bring it back after 1,000 km where they will check the oil level. I did have rough idling issues also but not that much. The service rep did tell me that my warranty is up which I knew. I knew about these issues but did not mention the CSP or anything else that I found out from this and other forums. I will wait to see what they say when they discover my oil is burning. I know that will be the conclusion since I had to add 6 qrts of oil between oil changes. And no, there are no indicationsof leaking oil or black smoke. Question to members: Has any one have thiere vehicles repaired due to oil loss only?
Old 11-23-12, 04:59 AM
BinaryJay

Originally Posted by aett258
I reside in Canada and have brought my 2006 GS300 (US car) to the dealership to do a oil consumption test due to excecive oil consumption (Nov 19th, 2012). They told me to bring it back after 1,000 km where they will check the oil level. I did have rough idling issues also but not that much. The service rep did tell me that my warranty is up which I knew. I knew about these issues but did not mention the CSP or anything else that I found out from this and other forums. I will wait to see what they say when they discover my oil is burning. I know that will be the conclusion since I had to add 6 qrts of oil between oil changes. And no, there are no indicationsof leaking oil or black smoke. Question to members: Has any one have thiere vehicles repaired due to oil loss only?
I think unless you fight for it, the end result will be them telling you it's going to cost a lot of money to fix.
Old 11-23-12, 05:08 AM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Is every 2006 gs30 covered under this CSP?
Old 11-23-12, 05:55 AM
aett258
Driver School Candidate

I will fight for it. It would help if there were more Canadians who had this issue fixed by Lexus at no cost. I haven't seen any Canadiens getting this CSP on this forum as well as others. Perhaps it takes longer in Canada. I did send an email to Lexus Corp to see if my VIN qualifies. They wrote back "If you feel that there may be a condition that needs to be repaired, please contact your Lexus dealership to schedule an appointment for an inspection and diagnosis". Well I brought it in and will see what they say after Oil consumption test. Have to wait for 1k klm though.
Old 11-23-12, 06:47 AM
jonnyxboi
Pole Position

I took my car in on Wednesday, mentioned a few symptoms I was experiencing and when I told him about my low engine oil level warning, he said that's what he was looking to hear. He and the service guy next to him said that they'd call Lexus and if they get the go ahead, they'd be giving me a brand new engine. This can't be true...can it?
Old 11-23-12, 10:50 AM
bonobob
Driver School Candidate

Default '06 gs300 engine misfire(intermit runs rough)

HAD VERY SIMILAR SITUATION AS STEFNEE 9-18-12 07:42am POST. CALLED AND MADE APPOINTMENT WITH LEXUS OF DAYTON. MET WITH FEMALE ""TECH WRITER"" WHO WAS VERY RUDE. MADE ME FEEL I WAS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HER AND THE DEALERSHIP. EMPHATICALLY WARNED ME SEVERAL TIMES IF THE TROUBLE CODES LISTED ON SUPPORT PROGRAM NOTICE DID NOT SHOW UP I WILL OWE FOR THE USE OF 'THEIR SERVICE COMPUTER'. PISSED ME OFF AND TOLD HER I WOULD SEE ANOTHER DEALER. I DID NOT. HOWEVER THE INTERMITTENT ROUGH IDLE SEEMS LESS INTERMITTENT. ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION OR IS LEXUS OF DAYTON TYPICAL OF ALL LEXUS DEALERS? ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH CHECK OIL SERVICE LIGHT WHICH WAS RESOLVED THROUGH A SERIES OF STEPS FOUND OUT ON THIS FORUM.
Old 11-23-12, 11:15 AM
BinaryJay

Originally Posted by bonobob
HAD VERY SIMILAR SITUATION AS STEFNEE 9-18-12 07:42am POST. CALLED AND MADE APPOINTMENT WITH LEXUS OF DAYTON. MET WITH FEMALE ""TECH WRITER"" WHO WAS VERY RUDE. MADE ME FEEL I WAS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HER AND THE DEALERSHIP. EMPHATICALLY WARNED ME SEVERAL TIMES IF THE TROUBLE CODES LISTED ON SUPPORT PROGRAM NOTICE DID NOT SHOW UP I WILL OWE FOR THE USE OF 'THEIR SERVICE COMPUTER'. PISSED ME OFF AND TOLD HER I WOULD SEE ANOTHER DEALER. I DID NOT. HOWEVER THE INTERMITTENT ROUGH IDLE SEEMS LESS INTERMITTENT. ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION OR IS LEXUS OF DAYTON TYPICAL OF ALL LEXUS DEALERS? ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH CHECK OIL SERVICE LIGHT WHICH WAS RESOLVED THROUGH A SERIES OF STEPS FOUND OUT ON THIS FORUM.
I would be rude to you too if you spoke to me in all capital letters.
Old 11-23-12, 11:27 AM
jonnyxboi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bonobob
Old 11-24-12, 08:49 AM
bonobob
Driver School Candidate

Default CAPITAL LETTERS. Rough idle Problem

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I would be rude to you too if you spoke to me in all capital letters.
No disrespect intended. CAPITALIZING got some attention but no solutions. What say you? Thanks for the replies from the defenders of Dealerships.
\
bonobob
Old 11-24-12, 02:12 PM
gojeezy123
Driver

Alrighty guys... Here is what happened with my experience when I contacted the dealer about this problem:

I called service and explained the symptoms (which I do really have) but mentioned nothing about this CSP, he asked if I had an 06 GS. He knew exactly what I was talking about and told me to bring the car in so they could run the tests and if they needed to, complete the repair.

Took the car in. The next day I receive a call saying my car did show the codes, and they would send the info in and wait for corp to confirm the repair.

Day after that, I receive another call from the same rep telling me to come in and pick up my car, but they did not make the repairs. When I go in, this rep explained to me that corp suggested 3 things I should do in order to correct the symptoms. I also asked about the codes again, and he says "Oh I'm sorry that was a mistake, your car did not show any codes"

Suggestions were:

1. "Remove my intake system because that could be a cause of the symptoms"
(I've had the intake on for a year now, and 0 codes were thrown by it)

2. "Try filling up at a different gas station"
(I always fill at Chevron).

3. "Get my spark plugs changed because I am past due for them"
Even tho they were done by the previous owner at 60k for the 60k mile maintenance by a Lexus dealer in a different city 3 hours away
(Why cant they look this info up?) Currently at 106k, next spark plug change is required at 120k

They said take care of those 3 items, and if the symptoms are still there, bring the car in, they'd run tests again and make the repair if needed

What I ask from my fellow CL members is what would you guys do in this situation?
Removing the intake is not a problem for me, but I would hate to take the car in and then get sent back home again with them suggesting I remove my midpipes as well
Old 11-24-12, 06:43 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either try a different dealer, or bypass dealers altogether, and speak to Lexus directly.
1 is easy to do to satisfy them.
2 is a no-brainer - how the hell are they going to know you've used the same or different fuel?
3 is a matter of pointing out to Lexus their own service schedule recommends 60K, and if they want to try new plugs at their cost, work away! Otherwise, stop putting stupid obstacles in the way of providing proper customer care, etc etc - you get my drift.
Call their bluff on the CSP, and the dealer backtracking on codes stored.

Alternatively, have a BG Products induction service done by someone who offers it, and see if your symptoms still remain.
And have them pull any codes stored again since the dealer cleared them - presuming they weren't mistaken,
Which if they were, why go to the trouble of contacting Corp? Just to chew the fat?

Quick Reply: FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire