GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS430 Timing Belt and Water Pump Install >>VIDEO<<

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-12, 10:32 AM
tunedis95
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GS430 Timing Belt and Water Pump Install >>VIDEO<<

Well, hope this helps some of you all out. And hope to encourage more people to post up vids of DIY's, because i know they help me out a lot. When ever i need anything for my car or any ideas at all i always come to this website for information and just throwing my 2Cents into the forum

Felt a little daring this week...

Overall experience doing this little job was not bad and everything went together pretty smooth. Im no mechanic by any means and just a DIYer attacking a little Preventative Maintenance. But dont just use this video as a guide. Read others instructions as well so no mistakes happen because you car really do some damage if this is not done right. If you dont like the way i did something, or hate that im not wearing a shirt, just close the window and google something else...ha ha...

Old 09-07-12, 12:01 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks buddy. How many hrs did it take you?

Sad to see you cut out the "Moment of truth".... you know when you start up the car for the first time after the deed is done.
Old 09-07-12, 12:51 PM
tunedis95
Pole Position

Originally Posted by worker
thanks buddy. How many hrs did it take you?

Sad to see you cut out the "Moment of truth".... you know when you start up the car for the first time after the deed is done.
Well if ou get down to business. I think an avg of 6 hrs. The first day I didn't start till 11 am and just took my time. I'm sure you don't have to take the radiator off and that would save more time. And like any time I disconnect the battery, it takes the second push of the button to get her fired up. I was nervous, not gonna lie...ha ha
Old 09-07-12, 03:05 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ LOL thanks buddy. Did mine at 100K at dealer. I don't have enough know how to risk it. Changing oil is the limit of my ability.
Old 09-08-12, 01:29 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Great video!
Old 09-08-12, 04:00 PM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how difficult was the spark plugs? Im at almost 70k on mine & Lexus suggested to change them. I would like to do this myself.
Old 09-08-12, 04:16 PM
Blacknot
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used your coilover video for the install of my springs. Great video except when you did the rear all you had to do was take out the other 19mm bolt next to the rear strut and a 10mm bolt holding the sway bar to it. That way you wouldnt need a large prybar or compress the rear springs. Not sure if you realized it after the video. I do thank you for making these videos as they are great and helpful. I will use these when im ready to do my timing belt and water pump. I should have taken some pics of the rear when i did mine to show the easier way of doing it
Old 09-08-12, 06:08 PM
KJSmitty
Driver

Seriously, well done.

Shirt or no shirt I commend you for your confidence towards your vehicle maintenance given what you claim to be little to no mechanical experience. I was a dealership technician for 8 years and your attention to detail and methodical nature of your work would put several of the life long techs I worked with to shame. :-)

Nice work, a job you can be very proud of. Nothing Ike jumping in and learning how to do this type of stuff at your age. Regardless of your success in life, I could near guarantee you will be a DIY type guy the rest of your life, and not just on cars. My guess is you are a lot like me in the sense that even if I had never done something, that and the challenge alone would drive me to learn. It's an attitude that will benefit you the rest of your life.

OK, enough of the old guy chat, thanks for the video and your support to CL! Same to the rest of you guys/gals that provide the same.

Cheers
Old 09-08-12, 07:39 PM
tunedis95
Pole Position

Spark Plugs : I thought it was rather super easy, on the passenger side I did have to move a small bracket and was easier to because I had the battery removed. Best advice is have different size extensions at your dispose, as well as a swivel.. Only thing was when removing and installing the spark plug, be careful you don't drop it in there. Would be a nightmare for the tip to break off into your cylinder. Sure it won't break, but just peace of mind

Blacknot: I did see that someone else said that same thing. I'm going to add that in the caption on the video, that part was a pain. New there was an easier way, go figure.

KJSmitty : Thanx. I just have a lot of free time, and I take pride in Messing with my own stuff Vs. just paying someone while I'm just sitting at home watching tv. Lol. I just hate negative comments when trying to help out.

I've replaced both fan motors and motherboard in my house central air unit, Built a 240 gallon aquarium (stand and filtration, and DIY HID lighting), and built an all carbon Road bicycle just to name a few things... All by just using the search button on forums like this. Cheers
Old 09-09-12, 04:23 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got to take my hat off to you. Excellent video. I wish I had the confidence to work on my car like that.
Old 09-11-12, 07:10 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Great job and really nice DIY videos. Thanks for taking the time to document and post these!
Old 09-11-12, 12:52 PM
3GS404
Lead Lap

Awesome video..👍👍👍
Old 09-11-12, 06:38 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome job Ill add to the FAQ unless a mod already has
Old 09-11-12, 06:40 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

guess I have been locked out of the thread I started lol I must be on the naughty list hopefully a mod will take the time to add this for everyone where is that neurocity guy anyway
Old 09-19-12, 11:42 AM
electron
Driver School Candidate

Great Video, thanks!!

Do you have the part# of all the parts that should be changed at the same time?

Quick Reply: GS430 Timing Belt and Water Pump Install >>VIDEO<<