GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 32k miles, what price would sell quickly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 11:48 AM
photoguy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 32k miles, what price would sell quickly?

Anyone have ideas on what price would move a 2007 GS quickly?

Miles: 32k
Color: Dark grey exterior/light gray interior
Options: Everything, ML/Nav, 18" factory wheels, etc.
Condition: pretty much perfect

I've looked at Nada but the dealers our saying that's way off..
Old 08-19-12, 04:27 PM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

23500 i think
Old 08-19-12, 04:40 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by alchemist
23500 i think
i think he can get more...prob 25k-26k
Old 08-19-12, 05:05 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good God man, we don't have crystal *****!

1) Which GS model do you have?
2) What's the NADA price guide that the dealer is telling you is way off?

Assuming a 350, the Kelly's suggests $27-28.5K private, and about $2.5K less on trade-in, which I honestly doubt.
If the market is correct for private sale, then I'd expect the trade-in to be $3K less at a minimum.

What price are other similar age/mileage/spec models going for on AutoTrader, Craiglist, etc?
How quick do you need shot of it?

Just be wary of pitching it too low, as people will query why, and be thinking it has some hidden history or something dodgy about.
Old 08-19-12, 05:08 PM
alchemist
Instructor

Average manheim auction price for that car is 21k. Dealer will basically give him 19.5k -20.5k. He might be able to get 25k but not quickly and definitely not through dealer. That is how i landed on 23.5k but it will be private sale.
Old 08-19-12, 05:10 PM
alchemist
Instructor

Originally Posted by TexasTen
Anyone have ideas on what price would move a 2007 GS quickly?

Miles: 32k
Color: Dark grey exterior/light gray interior
Options: Everything, ML/Nav, 18" factory wheels, etc.
Condition: pretty much perfect

I've looked at Nada but the dealers our saying that's way off..
By the way dealers dont use nada or kbb - those are useless. They have their own 'book'
Old 08-19-12, 05:19 PM
KJSmitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a 2007 GS350 last month. Pearl white, tan interior nav/ non ML loaded - interior is mint and Ide give the exterior / engine comp a 9.7 out of 10. Good tires and 55k miles - all maintenance documented and al at Parkplace Lexus. Single owner private sale. $25k. I honestly feel I paid $500 or so too much but it was by far the nicest around that I had seen/driven. If I hadn't grabbed it their was a gent ready to do so etc.

Yours with ML at that mileage should be a firm $25.5 to $26.5k if in great shape with good history in TX.

Just my opinion with what I have seen locally etc. if on a lot/dealer offer they would easily want $27-$28k.

Good luck.
Old 08-19-12, 05:24 PM
Blacknot
Rookie

I just picked an 06 Gs430(ML and Navi) with 44,900 miles one owner all service records private sale for $23,500. A steal but priced to sell very quick. Almost too good to be true but the owner went to trade it in on a new Jag and obviously they offered him alot less. I bought it after it being listed on Autotrader for less then a week
Old 08-19-12, 05:26 PM
KJSmitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way dealers dont use nada or kbb - those are useless. They have their own 'book'
Very true,
NADA, KBB and/or Edmonds, good resources for the consumer on what a car might be worth given local dealer retail or private, yet expect to be quoted 75-80% of any listed trade in amount when speaking to a dealer - and that's if they are really interested in your trade....

Dealers typically base trade-in quotes off of worse case and that's auction pricing. They then factor in other parameters involved with the selling price of the new/other vehicle etc..

Cheers
Old 08-19-12, 06:43 PM
photoguy
Rookie

Very helpful replies, thanks everyone. It's a GS350.

It's true the auction prices are low, the dealer showed me a list from manheim. Problem is the 12 out of 13 had more than 65k miles so (I feel) it wasn't a fair comparison. Also 10 out of 13 auction cars were marked "average", only 3 were above average.

I don't know exactly what it takes to get "above average", but I literally have not even a scratch on the vehicle - exterior and interior essentially look like a new car.

@Boron, good point about pitching it too low. I do want to sell quickly because I've already bought a new vehicle, but psychology and all maybe people feel better seeing a higher price then negotiating.

Unfortunately I can't put it in the forum classifieds because I'm a new user.
Old 08-20-12, 01:28 AM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys,

I am a dealer. Nobody uses NADA or KBB. We use Galves where I am and seems like everyone else uses black book.

That car, if it's nice, and assuming no paintwork and clean Carfax, could break $23k at auction.

You guys gotta know how to read MMR, there's no breakout on there for Non Nav cars or cars with lousy paintwork all over them with dirty carfaxes and unibody announcements. I'm assuming since this is Texas that it's a RWD car.

You really see this on RXs and ESs, the same cars can vary $2-3k... All depends if they have a color map in the dash or not

I wouldn't take a penny under $25k for it, I'd ask $26500.

If you REALLY need to move it a local high line dealer should pay you $22s-23k for it
Old 08-20-12, 06:08 AM
photoguy
Rookie

Default Pics

How's this for irony:

I can't sell my vehicle here because my login is new, but I found my original post with pics of the car when I bought it brand new:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ics-insde.html (scroll down the thread to see)

So I have a user account with a 5 year history but lost the email associated that account to my previous job.

Btw, @rld14, excellent analysis, thanks for the reply man. You are right that's what the dealer offered.
Old 08-20-12, 06:24 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Average manheim auction price for that car is 21k. Dealer will basically give him 19.5k -20.5k. He might be able to get 25k but not quickly and definitely not through dealer. That is how i landed on 23.5k but it will be private sale.
19k is top dollar in my area off MMR. Dont forget MMR is area specific. Your looking at 17k to a max of 19k on trade in. No dealer is going to offer more then this. 19k only if the car truly needs no work and is clean.

Originally Posted by rld14
Guys,

I am a dealer. Nobody uses NADA or KBB. We use Galves where I am and seems like everyone else uses black book.

That car, if it's nice, and assuming no paintwork and clean Carfax, could break $23k at auction.

You guys gotta know how to read MMR, there's no breakout on there for Non Nav cars or cars with lousy paintwork all over them with dirty carfaxes and unibody announcements. I'm assuming since this is Texas that it's a RWD car.

You really see this on RXs and ESs, the same cars can vary $2-3k... All depends if they have a color map in the dash or not

I wouldn't take a penny under $25k for it, I'd ask $26500.

If you REALLY need to move it a local high line dealer should pay you $22s-23k for it

LOL this car will NEVER sell private party for 26,500 nor would a dealer pay 22k or more for this car. At a dealer maybe they can find a sucker for 26,500 but they can back up the car unlike a private party sale. These have taken a decent hit this last year with the newer model out. Its not hard to pull a carfax and autocheck on a car when your looking even if its private party. Carfax & autocheck are not perfect so you still need to look over any car that your purchasing.

OP if your looking to move the car quickly then price it between 22 - 23k and you will get some serious offers. If your able to privately sell a car for a few thousand over what a dealer would buy the car for then run with it. I have purchased 3 cars in the past few years private party for less then MMR in my area so use that as food for thought. All cars accident free, vin tags in check, ect...and I know what to look for

your not going to get more then "avg" the above avg cars are typically off lease cars and the local dealer will get a tax credit so they will step into the car slightly more because it allows an internal tax credit for the new car department.

08/08/12 SAN ANTO Regular $19,300 24,650 Avg WHITE 6G A Yes
This above car sold for 19,300 at the auction with less miles then yours Trust me the car is not worth any more then 19k and that is top dollar on your car if you want honest info.

Good luck with your sale
Old 08-20-12, 06:37 AM
alchemist
Instructor

Great post...completely agree.
Old 08-20-12, 06:37 AM
photoguy
Rookie

Thanks for the reply, but you are provably wrong on multiple accounts.

First, a Lexus dealership wants to buy it from me right now for 22,500. You may not want the car, but this proves your statement is incorrect.

Secondly, someone on this thread just bought a vehicle for 25k with almost double the mileage. So I think your all caps never statement is a bit strong for a car with 30k miles in perfect condition.

Finally, since as a dealer you can buy these cars for 19k, why don't you buy five of them and I'll buy them all from you right now for 20k, and you can make a quick 5k profit.

What people "ask" for a vehicle doesn't really matter, but there are many actually purchases and real offers to show what's really happening in the world is consistent with the values people are talking about in this thread.

Originally Posted by passnu2
Your looking at 17k to a max of 19k on trade in. No dealer is going to offer more then this.
LOL this car will NEVER sell private party for 26,500 nor would a dealer pay 22k or more for this car.

Quick Reply: 2007 32k miles, what price would sell quickly?