GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 32k miles, what price would sell quickly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-12, 03:22 PM
madman66
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't it be prudent to take it to Carmax and know that at least their value is the bare minimum the car is worth?
Old 08-29-12, 08:48 AM
photoguy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default current photos

here are some current photos for those who've asked:

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/uiAFbtUo/1/5727100
Old 08-29-12, 10:46 AM
KJSmitty
Driver

Originally Posted by photoguy
here are some current photos for those who've asked:

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/uiAFbtUo/1/5727100
Given it's appearance / condition per pictures, low mileage and options I still think it should bring $26K in TX / the Dallas area.

Wasn't the color I was looking for yet if it had been I would have given you $26K considering the other available 2007/08 GS's etc.

Good luck
Old 08-30-12, 05:58 PM
gtmax
Driver

Thanks for putting it in perspective. This Passnu guy is hellbent on underballing. If you're not buying this car, what do you care if he wants to ask for 30K? The guy just said a dealer offered him 22K but lets pretend that never happened. Then a member says that he bought something with more miles for 25K but let's skip over that fact as well. What's your agenda here man?

Rld14, what do you think i can get for mine: '06 GS300 (economical in this recession!), 21K miles, AWD, only a couple of bruises in the rear, non NAV, non ML. Perfect condition in the interior and the body is perfect other than those couple of small scrapes in the back.

TIA.

Originally Posted by rld14
I'm a dealer. In the NORTHEAST and I'll buy the car for $21800 TODAY. Why? Because if I can't make a quick grand wholesaling it it's not worth my time. At that number I can.

Galves on a 2007 GS350 is $18.700 with 57k miles.

You car has Nav, add $1200 for that, $200 for 18s and $300 for ML. There's a $2,900 add for 32k miles, which I feel is a bit excessive. I'd realistically hit this car, as a trade, at $21-22k depending on condition. But I am in the Northeast and a RWD GS is a liability here, you are in Texas.

Can you buy a comparable mile RWD car at auction for $19k? Yup, I've seen ones without Navigation with Unibody damage announcements do that.

You guys can NOT look at isolated examples on MMR and go by that, there's a HUGE number of factors involved.

Does the car have Navi? MMR doesn't tell you that. GSs without Navi sell like Vodka in Mecca. Galves may show a $1200 swing, in reality it's closer to $2-2500.

Does the car have paintwork? Even if it has a clean Carfax this hurts it.

What color is it? If you think a Red, Green or Beige one will do what a SGM or Silver one will do you're mistaken. And if you think a Mercury or SGM car will do what a Pearl White or Black/Black car will do you're also mistaken.

What sale was it at? If M&T Bank runs a repo'd one at Manheim New York (Newburgh) it's very likely NOT going to bring the same money as one at Manheim PA being run by LFS or Oceanside or Hollenshead on the 3rd Thursday of the month.

And the market? It's strong as heck right now. I've been to 2 auctions this week and 1 more to go. We have a big sale going so I'll simulcast Manheim on Friday. Some weeks I am at auctions 4 days out of 5.

Meh, what do I know anyways? I only am in charge of pricing, inventory mix, marketing etc for a group of 3 dealers that move 120-150 used cars a month with a 10 turn, little aging and good grosses. I've only been buying Luxury cars at auction since 1997 and GSs? We don't sell too many, I have only bought 9 this year and traded for 3, and I only buy 07-08s and only 350s with Navi and AWD, and that means I probably bid on 6 a month and look at 10 or so.

Passnu, if you can buy 5 cars like the OP's for $19k or less, I can pay you a $2k profit per car shipped to my store. Criteria: No paintwork except for bumpers, Navi and clean Carfax, no more than $700/car in recon required. No gold, red, blue or green.
Old 08-30-12, 06:34 PM
photoguy
Rookie

Thanks for the support guys there are a lot of cool people here.

I just had the Lexus dealer put in a new battery and do the 30k service and asked what they would give as a flat out purchase. They said 23k yesterday.

So Sewell Lexus offered 22k and Park Place Lexus offered 23k with no strings.

I've posted here for 26k in the classifieds. Someone make me an offer so I don't have to give my baby to the dealer And one small correction, it actually has a tad under 32k miles.

Btw, guess I know who to believe on this thread

Last edited by photoguy; 08-30-12 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-31-12, 07:40 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmax
Thanks for putting it in perspective. This Passnu guy is hellbent on underballing. If you're not buying this car, what do you care if he wants to ask for 30K? The guy just said a dealer offered him 22K but lets pretend that never happened. Then a member says that he bought something with more miles for 25K but let's skip over that fact as well. What's your agenda here man?
Apparently you can't read what the title of the OP's thread is. I guess it must have said what "could" I get for my car if I was not looking for a quick sale. The OP can ask what ever he wants for his car I could care less lol. All I hear is lots of people voicing their so called opinions and thats all they are. There are two other members that either work in the industry or did at one point. Out of the three of us myself and another member are right on with the numbers and one is saying its worth more but yet not willing to pay what they indicated its worth? Think you best go back and reread all posts.

so lets get to your points...

another member paid more...OK so everyone else make sure you follow what this member paid and this is some really good advice. Maybe when this member jumps off a bridge we should also follow because they did

A dealer offered 22k...They offered 22k on trade in...thats a big difference then getting a check in hand for 22k They will also tell you its worth one thing to get you to drive in and then when its time to cut a check oh guess what its not worth that much anymore.

Have you worked for a car dealer? have you purchased cars before?? LMAO I know the "games" dealers play But you can believe what you want because someone posted this is what I would pay but yet isnt buying the car You have NO clue who I am and what I do to help this community

My agenda was to offer accurate information that you as a consumer would not have access to and to reply accurately to what the OP posted. Need I remind you the title of the thread? It doesnt say "what could I sell my car for if I wanted to wait"...Oh it says what can I get for a "quick" sale.

so whats your agenda?
Old 08-31-12, 08:02 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmax
Rld14, what do you think i can get for mine: '06 GS300 (economical in this recession!), 21K miles, AWD, only a couple of bruises in the rear, non NAV, non ML. Perfect condition in the interior and the body is perfect other than those couple of small scrapes in the back.
TIA.
$38,000

A buddy of mine just sold his for that. Tyrone Biggums Toyota. Lower East side.
So I would just set that number in your head as a solid!
Old 08-31-12, 08:07 AM
photoguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2
A dealer offered 22k...They offered 22k on trade in...thats a big difference then getting a check in hand for 22k They will also tell you its worth one thing to get you to drive in and then when its time to cut a check oh guess what its not worth that much anymore.
so whats your agenda?
You are incorrect again. Park Place Lexus offered 23k cash, no strings attached, no purchase required. I would say that qualifies as a "quick sale".

If you don't believe that, let's bet $20 on it, and I'll do the transaction just to get you to admit you are wrong. I'll video the whole thing. I'll interview the general manager and take pictures of the check.

Then will you believe it?
Old 08-31-12, 08:23 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Thanks for the support guys there are a lot of cool people here.

I just had the Lexus dealer put in a new battery and do the 30k service and asked what they would give as a flat out purchase. They said 23k yesterday.

So Sewell Lexus offered 22k and Park Place Lexus offered 23k with no strings.

I've posted here for 26k in the classifieds. Someone make me an offer so I don't have to give my baby to the dealer And one small correction, it actually has a tad under 32k miles.

Btw, guess I know who to believe on this thread
"Btw, guess I know who to believe on this thread"

What are you, a 12 year old girl? Btw...

Just curious who at Sewell offered you that? Because I just called my guy over there and he laughed. Saying "Maybe they would get that on a trade for a 2013"

Benefit of the doubt with that number. Different areas, different demands, different prices. Passnu2 is in Chicago. That price he gave is normal around here. Just as the price I got offered for my 450h locally. If I take it to California, I'm going to get way more. Its all on what people will pay for it, and what they can resell it for. rld14 is in an area where people pay more for cars. Its not Long Island, but its close. This would be why numbers are different between the two.

Future note for people.

This is a forum. The info here though helpful, is not Gospel. If you don't like or agree with your answers or responses to the answer you have given. Go see a counselor and evaluate your mental state because... "Welcome to the Internets Nancy!"

People who post "whats my car worth?"

KBB it, then go to a dealer. See if you can get a number you're happy or complacent with. Dealers are out to make money. Not be your friend and not give stuff away. People who buy privately are expecting to buy CHEAPER than at a dealer. This is fact!

I swear I'm starting to see a trend that I saw happen in the SC forum. Then the 2GS forum, and now here. I'm going to buy a LS now.

Old 08-31-12, 08:26 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

You are incorrect again. Park Place Lexus offered 23k cash, no strings attached, no purchase required. I would say that qualifies as a "quick sale".

If you don't believe that, let's bet $20 on it, and I'll do the transaction just to get you to admit you are wrong. I'll video the whole thing. I'll interview the general manager and take pictures of the check.

Then will you believe it?
Deal. $20... I'll cover the twenty

Do it today. So your car is sold, and this pissy jr. high crap is over with. That's a great number. Do it!
$26k in our classifieds, but you're going to get $23k on it to prove a point and a $20.00 bet.
Old 08-31-12, 08:36 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

so looks like all bases are covered go sell it and post that official check up
Old 08-31-12, 08:46 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

what time should I come back to see a copy of this so called check?
Old 08-31-12, 08:56 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Okay okay... enough.

Again... this is the intertubes, a vast sea of metal retardation that envelopes and sucks in people in seconds. And I got sucked in again... in the 3GS section of all places.

No more pissing contest. Go get the most you can for your car. You get a mad cash check, I'll still send you $20 cause I said I would.

This is over with.