GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fixed My Denso Acctuator for the Recirculation and pics taken!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-12, 01:29 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fixed!!!

Thank you 1SLOGS.

Using Epoxy did not work for me. The moment servo moved the arm broke off, as expected, but I am a dreamer so I do sometimes believe in miracles, although with age not as often.

So I went with plan B. I tested it out before gluing the peace in place in case I needed to implement it.

I put a screw through a broken peace, there is a small hole already there so it was not hard, held the broken part in place where it broke off and screwed in the screw further in, until it caught the door.

You have to make sure the broken plastic peace seats itself well against the broken surface on the other end as you tightening the screw. You need a small ratchet, to get that screw in, some force to force it in as well.

Attached everything and it worked great. I am including a small video to get the idea.

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...=IMG_18231.mp4

Ideally I would love to take the whole blower box out and do it a little better, but this worked and I'm happy. Total cost $9 for Epoxy that failed, and 45c for the screw from Home Depot. 2-3 hours of my time, and thats with going to Home depot.

Now I wish I could talk to the tech that broke this thing, but as i checked out my Lexus records its was done 3 years ago in Milwaukee.

Overall if you have all the tools, I think its a 1-2 hour job, maybe even less.

Weirdest thing happened. Once I put everything back in place, I tried starting the car and it wouldn't start, weak battery. Never happened before, so I dont know what the deal was. Right away I started thinking if I touched something while I was doing the work.... This was in front of the private garage I park in. Right away it starts to rain, pour to be more precise. I couldnt leave the car in that spot as it was blocking a sidewalk. So i ran to my house 1 block away to get my trusty Lincoln, got it to Lexus and jumped it. Ran the car for 20 minutes and all is back to normal. Did I leave the door open for too long, where the auto lights on all that time, is the battery going out? I am not sure, but all I know is my Recirculation works!!!
Thanks again!

Last edited by tbilisi79; 08-15-12 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-15-12, 04:50 PM
wicked22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wish i could do this! seems tough though lol
Old 08-15-12, 05:25 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
Thank you 1SLOGS.

Using Epoxy did not work for me. The moment servo moved the arm broke off, as expected, but I am a dreamer so I do sometimes believe in miracles, although with age not as often.

So I went with plan B. I tested it out before gluing the peace in place in case I needed to implement it.

I put a screw through a broken peace, there is a small hole already there so it was not hard, held the broken part in place where it broke off and screwed in the screw further in, until it caught the door.

You have to make sure the broken plastic peace seats itself well against the broken surface on the other end as you tightening the screw. You need a small ratchet, to get that screw in, some force to force it in as well.

Attached everything and it worked great. I am including a small video to get the idea.

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...=IMG_18231.mp4

Ideally I would love to take the whole blower box out and do it a little better, but this worked and I'm happy. Total cost $9 for Epoxy that failed, and 45c for the screw from Home Depot. 2-3 hours of my time, and thats with going to Home depot.

Now I wish I could talk to the tech that broke this thing, but as i checked out my Lexus records its was done 3 years ago in Milwaukee.

Overall if you have all the tools, I think its a 1-2 hour job, maybe even less.

Weirdest thing happened. Once I put everything back in place, I tried starting the car and it wouldn't start, weak battery. Never happened before, so I dont know what the deal was. Right away I started thinking if I touched something while I was doing the work.... This was in front of the private garage I park in. Right away it starts to rain, pour to be more precise. I couldnt leave the car in that spot as it was blocking a sidewalk. So i ran to my house 1 block away to get my trusty Lincoln, got it to Lexus and jumped it. Ran the car for 20 minutes and all is back to normal. Did I leave the door open for too long, where the auto lights on all that time, is the battery going out? I am not sure, but all I know is my Recirculation works!!!
Thanks again!
Originally Posted by wicked22
i wish i could do this! seems tough though lol
@tbilisi79 No problem man and as long as the recirculation door works properly its all good because mine was the other case for me the actuator arm on the Servo motor had cracked into small piece and could not have been glued or epoxied so i just went ahead and ordered the new part so i just had to take the new arm and place it on the old servo motor and worked for me i think its different for each 3GS owner so yeah.

@wicked22 The process is easy to do because i mainly used the 2IS diy to do it and then i just took pics of what i was doing and which screws from where was to be taken out in order to get access to it and i got it done in less than 45 mins but the time depends on what part is broken and how you go about fixing it.
Old 08-15-12, 10:04 PM
GS300ken
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I replaced the broken arm a few years ago with epoxy but it did not last long. I had to buy a new whole new blower assembly from the junk yard and swap everything. I recommend the 2nd option since you don't want to remove the dash twice.