GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS430 SRT Intake!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-12, 08:04 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1supra
how many ho was the old system good for on the gs400
http://swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=86 <--- its on this page
Old 08-22-12, 08:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Guys one thing to be certain you understand is that the SRT intake / ECU for the 2nd gen GS requires you to actually cut / spice into some of the wiring in your car's electronics for the SRT ECU to control the air/fuel mixture, which is a big part of how the system makes power. If you are under warranty, this may cause concerns depending on the dealership should there be any issues.

Based on dozens of dynos done by CL members with SRT intakes in the past (including me), the dynos on the SRT site are fairly optimistic. There are one or two that made similar power as claimed, most had about half that.

I chose to put the SRT intake/ECU on my 2GS and liked it. Be prepared that it is LOUD and very much changes the driving dynamic from that perspective. If you value a quiet ride, this isn't for you. If you want a performance sound, this combined with exhaust is very cool.
Old 08-22-12, 09:22 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys one thing to be certain you understand is that the SRT intake / ECU for the 2nd gen GS requires you to actually cut / spice into some of the wiring in your car's electronics for the SRT ECU to control the air/fuel mixture, which is a big part of how the system makes power. If you are under warranty, this may cause concerns depending on the dealership should there be any issues.
theres a pre-wired jumper cable that can be inserted between with the wiring on it so you wont have to cut into your existing setup
Old 08-22-12, 09:28 AM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinSBP
what if this thing gives like 15-30 extra hp... man this would be crazy lol
It tickles my fancy just thinking about it

Based on dozens of dynos done by CL members with SRT intakes in the past (including me), the dynos on the SRT site are fairly optimistic. There are one or two that made similar power as claimed, most had about half that.

I chose to put the SRT intake/ECU on my 2GS and liked it. Be prepared that it is LOUD and very much changes the driving dynamic from that perspective. If you value a quiet ride, this isn't for you. If you want a performance sound, this combined with exhaust is very cool.
Gotcha.....have any idea what we are splicing into? How much the system works? Etc?

theres a pre-wired jumper cable that can be inserted between with the wiring on it so you wont have to cut into your existing setup
Very nice.... If there was truly splicing involved.... I was just going to pop the pins out like on how I plan on doing for my rear amplifier harness
Old 08-22-12, 12:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Got to ask if they are still designing it, how do you know this? Hopefully Mo at SRT is telling you this info but that is definitely not the way it worked on the 2GS GS430.

Thread below should give you an idea of the installation
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...for-gs430.html
Old 08-23-12, 07:03 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Got to ask if they are still designing it, how do you know this? Hopefully Mo at SRT is telling you this info but that is definitely not the way it worked on the 2GS GS430.
here you go sir! --->2GS OPTIONAL ECU HARNESS

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...s-01-05-a.html

THAT CAME FROM THIS OLDER POST
Attached Thumbnails GS430 SRT Intake!!!!-sa400262.jpg   GS430 SRT Intake!!!!-sa400270.jpg  

Last edited by AustinSBP; 08-23-12 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-23-12, 07:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Suggest that you (or whomever does this) definitely ask Mo if that is something that will come with this kit and not from a used parts ad . From the classified it sounds like a custom one-off or possibly an expensive add-on option.

As I posted earlier, I had this done on my old GS and would do it again. Just want to make sure the guinea pig gets full disclosure of the install approach before doing it. Some folks are more protective of their warranty.
Old 08-23-12, 07:43 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Suggest that you (or whomever does this) definitely ask Mo if that is something that will come with this kit and not from a used parts ad . From the classified it sounds like a custom one-off or possibly an expensive add-on option.

As I posted earlier, I had this done on my old GS and would do it again. Just want to make sure the guinea pig gets full disclosure of the install approach before doing it. Some folks are more protective of their warranty.
Dont be so debative.

When reality sets in you'll realize all that i said is there exists an optional harness ....and u didnt know it. just grab hold and embrace it
Old 08-23-12, 07:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Considering there appears to be just one single CL classified sale post about it, nothing on the SRT website and no concrete info where it came from, that's a pretty rare option

All I'm doing is making sure whomever does this knows the potential ramifications on how the ECU gets installed and that you be an informed consumer. I understand you really want this to get made and I personally like Mo at SRT and his products. However, if you don't like me telling folks "what bad might happen" then I suggest you shoot me a PM to discuss further.
Old 08-23-12, 07:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dave is correct that PNP wire harness will not come with it however you can purchase one so that your not cutting any wires and voiding your warranty. Boomslang is who most use to have these harness made and I want to say they run about $250 or so. Well worth a few dollars if your car is still under warranty.

Hope this does go thru for everyone
Old 08-23-12, 08:50 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by passnu2
Dave is correct that PNP wire harness will not come with it however you can purchase one so that your not cutting any wires and voiding your warranty. Boomslang is who most use to have these harness made and I want to say they run about $250 or so. Well worth a few dollars if your car is still under warranty.

Hope this does go thru for everyone

I Think Passnu has given us our Concrete!
Attached Thumbnails GS430 SRT Intake!!!!-boomslang-fabrication-ecu-wire-harness-extensions.png  
Old 08-23-12, 07:01 PM
1supra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can use snap clips to tie into the factory harness,very easy and leaves little evidence that anything was ever there should a warranty issue arrise

will this work for gs460 as well?
Old 08-24-12, 01:45 AM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

two completely different ECU's.... might need a different setup for that vehicle 1supra.

As for snap clips, i doubt that will work, from what i've known when using the Apexi-AFC in my miata, You have to cut the harness.... so that the ecu goes into the AFC, and the AFC goes into the sensor/engine/whatever it is. I truly forgot how it works. But i'm most certain that there has to be definite cutting as this looks liek it acts like a piggyback ECU, going between the engine somewhere and the ECU.
Old 08-24-12, 03:24 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ your correct you would still be cutting wires unless you did the PNP harness as posted above.
Old 09-13-12, 09:49 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

whats the update?

Quick Reply: GS430 SRT Intake!!!!