GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GloveBox Removal question on the 3GS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-12, 02:30 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GloveBox Removal question on the 3GS

I need some help maybe if someone on here knows or can tell me the procedure on removing the Glovebox for my 3gs i need to get to my Servo Assembly and the recirculation door for inside and outside air. I want to do it right the first time plus i have checked the previous thread on the Servo repair on the RX but i would like someone to tell me how i could remove the Glove Box to access it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1SloGS.
Old 07-16-12, 07:01 PM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You might get some help by PMing denvergs4. He had to remove the glove box to repair a broken piece that connects to the recirc actuator (see his repair procedure at) https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...glove-box.html

He said to PM him for help.

Good Luck
Old 07-16-12, 07:20 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HotShotEng
You might get some help by PMing denvergs4. He had to remove the glove box to repair a broken piece that connects to the recirc actuator (see his repair procedure at) https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...glove-box.html

He said to PM him for help.

Good Luck
Thank you for the help i will surely get in touch with him!!!
Old 07-17-12, 03:19 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is nuts. I was dealing with the same problem last week. Cannt believe how common this problem is. And I wonder how many owners don't even know their servo is broken.
A bit dissapointed at people working at Lexus shops. I am pretty sure mine was broken at a dealer as well and the owner didn't even know about it.
Old 07-17-12, 08:00 AM
ITWORKS
Rookie

Honestly, I live in Miami and it's always HOT !!! and I always have mine on recirculation . I found out mine was broken when I went to change out my cabin filter and the door wouldn't open in any switch position. I then openned it by hand and found it was already broken ( no resistance at ALL ) I put it all together , backed up, put it in drive and PLUNK !!!! I heard the door shut again. I openned it all back up, wedged in a piece of cardboard to keep it open . Done. The auto temp works by regulating the fan speed, and it works great. Simple fix, Practical solution... Good luck
Old 07-17-12, 08:24 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Originally Posted by ITWORKS
Honestly, I live in Miami and it's always HOT !!! and I always have mine on recirculation . I found out mine was broken when I went to change out my cabin filter and the door wouldn't open in any switch position. I then openned it by hand and found it was already broken ( no resistance at ALL ) I put it all together , backed up, put it in drive and PLUNK !!!! I heard the door shut again. I openned it all back up, wedged in a piece of cardboard to keep it open . Done. The auto temp works by regulating the fan speed, and it works great. Simple fix, Practical solution... Good luck

Well I used that same practical solution myself . Works great so far.
Now if this was a MB or BMW I'd be glad the ac works at all, but with the Lexus, I am a bit upset and disappointed , that's all. Still love my car and all, but now I'll know what to look for when going for a GS460.
Old 07-18-12, 08:08 AM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
This is nuts. I was dealing with the same problem last week. Cannt believe how common this problem is. And I wonder how many owners don't even know their servo is broken.
A bit dissapointed at people working at Lexus shops. I am pretty sure mine was broken at a dealer as well and the owner didn't even know about it.
Originally Posted by ITWORKS
Well I used that same practical solution myself . Works great so far.
Now if this was a MB or BMW I'd be glad the ac works at all, but with the Lexus, I am a bit upset and disappointed , that's all. Still love my car and all, but now I'll know what to look for when going for a GS460.
Well i basically had to order new parts for my recirculation the new servo Door and the motor just for the 2 plastic actuators to be replaced. In my case the 2 actuators were completely broken and its difficult to just get the actuators so had to order the 2 whole parts and i will try to take pics and stuff and the steps on how to do it on a 3GS hopefully i get it right and my parts come in tomorrow so hopefully will get to it next week sometime.
Old 08-06-12, 06:03 PM
Cblynn817
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone complained to Toyota Corp. This procedure is in your owners manual, an owner should be able to replace the cabin filter. It sounds as this is a defect in manufacturing. Any thoughts as how we can make Lexus/Toyota responsible.
Old 08-07-12, 05:20 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

How much did the parts run you?
Old 08-07-12, 10:37 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cblynn817
Has anyone complained to Toyota Corp. This procedure is in your owners manual, an owner should be able to replace the cabin filter. It sounds as this is a defect in manufacturing. Any thoughts as how we can make Lexus/Toyota responsible.
How much did the parts run you?
@Cblynn817, Thanks ill look into it and i have no clue how we could make them responsible.

@tbilisi79, The parts ran me 223 without the Clublexus discounts but with The Clublexus Discount it came up to 166 or so. I think its cheaper to get the Servo motor and the re-circulation door for the 2 actuators. Thats what i did and am soon going to fix it so when i take up the job of fixing it ill make sure to take pics and stuff maybe like a DIY so that it can help other 3GS owners do it themselves without them spending like 3 to 4K on the Job at Lexus.
Old 08-08-12, 02:40 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1SLOGS
@Cblynn817, Thanks ill look into it and i have no clue how we could make them responsible.

@tbilisi79, The parts ran me 223 without the Clublexus discounts but with The Clublexus Discount it came up to 166 or so. I think its cheaper to get the Servo motor and the re-circulation door for the 2 actuators. Thats what i did and am soon going to fix it so when i take up the job of fixing it ill make sure to take pics and stuff maybe like a DIY so that it can help other 3GS owners do it themselves without them spending like 3 to 4K on the Job at Lexus.

Good luck. Looking forward to DIY job with pics if possible,
Old 08-13-12, 07:23 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Good luck. Looking forward to DIY job with pics if possible,
@tbilisi79 here is some of the photos that were taken while i was working on my denso actuator so hopefully it helps you out a little and plus i used the 2IS forums for reference purposes so check it out. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ics-taken.html