GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

just got a 2012 CT200h loaner.. wow..

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-12, 11:41 AM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default just got a 2012 CT200h loaner.. wow..

I absolutely dislike this car... i knew it was small, but didn't know it was THAT small.. lot of plastic... everywhere, sport mode sure, slow.. noisy, front wheel spin, handling wise? lot of body roll and it slide now try eco mode (45mpg eh) i feel like pushing my GS in neutral by hand moves faster than that the dash looks like my washing machine, lot of button on a panel, maybe lexus really did spend good time making the GS? but wow CT is a big disappointment.. i was actually consider one because i needed a second car so i purposely ask my dealer to lend me a CT as a loaner, biggest mistake ever

the only good thing however.. is the driver seat, its really comfy better than my GS.. now i really gotta do more test driving to find my second car.. any advice what to look for? another GS might but waay too bulky
Old 07-02-12, 12:10 PM
yoondog
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
I absolutely dislike this car... i knew it was small, but didn't know it was THAT small.. lot of plastic... everywhere, sport mode sure, slow.. noisy, front wheel spin, handling wise? lot of body roll and it slide now try eco mode (45mpg eh) i feel like pushing my GS in neutral by hand moves faster than that the dash looks like my washing machine, lot of button on a panel, maybe lexus really did spend good time making the GS? but wow CT is a big disappointment.. i was actually consider one because i needed a second car so i purposely ask my dealer to lend me a CT as a loaner, biggest mistake ever

the only good thing however.. is the driver seat, its really comfy better than my GS.. now i really gotta do more test driving to find my second car.. any advice what to look for? another GS might but waay too bulky
I felt the same way. I got a CT loaner a few weeks ago and it made me appreciate my GS a lot more afterwards.
Old 07-02-12, 09:23 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

personally i think....CT is chick car. my girl friend just bought one, yupe perfect on her.
Old 07-02-12, 09:55 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well the CT is aimed towards our newer younger generation...
Old 07-02-12, 10:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Brabusx2

so you got the CT as a loaner and found out you don't like it. that's not a mistake, the mistake would have been not to drive one
Old 07-03-12, 01:16 AM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

to be honest, when i was shopping for a car i was looking at CT too because price range wise they are exactly the same as my CPO GS450h, or get something somewhat in between like an IS250 but THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!! just now i was gunning the CT every green light i go but i still get smoked by a late 90s Honda Accord, i feel like they are laughing at me.. a car with 98hp is just not safe at all.. MPG wise i am getting 39mpg and that's almost double of my GS, which is another good thing..
Old 07-03-12, 06:46 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove that car for a day and can't believe they would actually release it to the public. In hybrid mode it goes 0-60 in about 30 mins, I know it's not supposed to be fast, but jeez....
Old 07-03-12, 07:03 AM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

...and that's exactly why the car is being discontinued. It's a good thing u didn't buy otherwise you'd be up side down on it
Old 07-03-12, 07:16 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I loved the CT.... it's a great step up from 20-22mpg's LMAO.

Comfort-wise, i don't know about it being more comfortable than sitting in the GS Speed? I don't really speed or accel that much, but yes it's quite a bit slower. buttons everywhere? All I got was AC controls and radio.... wasn't that hard/bad at all. gauges are comparable to the IS IMO. options and whatnot too!.

All-in-all, i think it's a great car for a hybrid, 45mpg's is nice to have too! (even though I got 40-42). 12-gallon tank and 300+ miles, $30 fill-ups. Overall GREAT car to run errands on =]
Old 07-03-12, 09:46 AM
Dez
Driver

Originally Posted by KevGS460ML
...and that's exactly why the car is being discontinued. It's a good thing u didn't buy otherwise you'd be up side down on it
Last I checked the CT isn't getting discontinued. You might be getting the CT confused with the HS.
Old 07-03-12, 10:49 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I loved the CT.... it's a great step up from 20-22mpg's LMAO.

Comfort-wise, i don't know about it being more comfortable than sitting in the GS Speed? I don't really speed or accel that much, but yes it's quite a bit slower. buttons everywhere? All I got was AC controls and radio.... wasn't that hard/bad at all. gauges are comparable to the IS IMO. options and whatnot too!.

All-in-all, i think it's a great car for a hybrid, 45mpg's is nice to have too! (even though I got 40-42). 12-gallon tank and 300+ miles, $30 fill-ups. Overall GREAT car to run errands on =]
I agree with you. The CT is a great little car in its class.

I'm not sure what the rest of you expected. You can't compare a $50k car to a $30k car that have totally different purposes. No one in their right mind would cross shop the two.
Old 07-03-12, 10:52 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

lol there are some hilaroius comments in this thread.

the ct is a hybrid, so it has the hybrid perks attached to it, speedwise it cant compete with a gs350 in any way.

outside it looks good though and it gets HUGE MPG's in gas.

it isnt for most car enthusiasts by any standard
Old 07-03-12, 11:09 AM
uncandid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a loaner CT as well and while it was slow as all hell, it handled well and felt balanced through turns. It was decently comfortable but the interior was small and trunk space was bad as well. I thought the controls, though plentiful, were straight forward and intuitive. The sound system was better than the GS in my opinion. The interiror was noticably cheaper looking, even more so than the IS.

All in all, not worth the price
Old 07-03-12, 12:18 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

lmfao, i agree with everything you said except for the audio uncandid..... all in all the CT would def be my DD to school everyday if given one.... hell i'd pay for one if i had the extra funds to pour into it!

Audio-wise, I think you guys like bass a little too much, the GS's system is phenomenal as a whole..... it doesn't have bass to it, but holy crap is it crisp and clear on the loud end! Turn the CT's volume up to the same music with the same settings and all you get are burps =\
Old 07-03-12, 01:08 PM
saefongc90
Rookie

The CT is okay for a commuter car but definitely not comparable to a GS that's why a Fully loaded version brand new runs around 35-38 and a brand new fully loaded GS will run you 55k big difference in price.

Quick Reply: just got a 2012 CT200h loaner.. wow..