GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dealer sold me a damaged 2010 GS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12, 08:02 AM
pjaba
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer sold me a damaged 2010 GS350

All,

I have been on your forum for several months and finally made the decision to purchase a 2010 GS with under 20,000 and is still under factory warranty.

Carfax showed that it had no damage and I was unable to notice any issues. Dealer also mentioned that it had no accidents. However, the proximity sensor is broken on the driver side door. It does not sense my hand to unlock the door, but all the other passenger doors work.

I brought it into Lexus to have this fixed and they said that they could not because body work was done the driver side door. I purchased this car on Tuesday, just two days ago and wanted to know what you would recommend.

I have check this other link from the other user and have tried calling the dealer but the person I was dealing with is not responding. I am thinking about going in person to deal with this situation to see how they will rectify. I appreciate any advice or thoughts on this matter.

Here is a link to the ad that is still running:
http://stellarautosales.com/cars/201...+GS+350+510966

Best,
Paul

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...amaged-is.html
Old 06-28-12, 08:18 AM
dekidex
Driver

Default ...

Well i believe that carfax and other major accident reporting websights provide information based on the insurance and dmv.
Also if it wasn't any major accident it won't show.

If you think just the door was a part of the problem/accident then maybe the previous owner had it fixed on his own,without including the insurance.Lots of people have high deductibles and wont go trough the insurance it just not worth it...Then another scenario,driving under the influence hitting the wall in the garage or something....could be a million of things.

Maybe he had a friend who has a body shop,maybe someone hit him in the parking lot and he got cash from the person and paid cash to the body shop...

Also what comes to mind is that maybe someone tried to break into the car...

I think you need to find out where the problem exactly is,and if it is something that should be covered under the warranty(besides the fact that it was in an accident)then find the right service writer and have him take care of it.

I remember how many times it happened that my E55 had some issue,where the Service Rep would think that its nothing or should not be covered under the warranty...and then 50 bucks later everything is covered....
Old 06-28-12, 08:44 AM
pjaba
Driver School Candidate

dekidex,

thanks for your thoughts, it helps to see it from different perspectives. when i brought it to the lexus dealership, they are charging several hundred to take apart the door to do the inspection. the service manager assumes that it may be a problem with the multiplex computer part #89223 ($550), but nothing is conclusive until they take the door apart.

unfortunately, lexus will not fix this under warranty because of the damage on the door.
Old 06-28-12, 08:53 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

This is what I would do:

1. Print out their original ad, while it is still up, where they advertaise the car as "brand new condition, all original paint". You will need it for the future fight. They can say they did not know about the accident because carfax did not show it. However, if they advertise it as "all original paint", you can hold them accountable for that claim.

2. Contact them in person and demand to fix the car, or you will file a complaint with your State Attorney General. If they refuse, do file the complait with Consumer Protection Division of the AG office and the BBB.

3. Try taking the car to another Lexus dealer (you probably have plenty of those around where you live) and don't tell them anything other than "My door does not unlock by the hand touch". See what they say.

Good luck.

Keep us posted.
Old 06-28-12, 09:11 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very easy they have to inspect the car and confirm no paint work or accident, warranty is fine and can be a CPO so long all vin stickers are present. But since it's not worked since u picked up the car there is a paper trail of the inspection and the tech would have noted it. They have to keep that for legal reasons. I wouldn't call but I would go in person and go directly to a GM or higher up manager and insist you want to see the original safety inspection as it will have notes on both sides and not a xerox copy of it do they can alter the doc. If they refuse make them take the car back and if they don't let them know you will contact the AG/BBB/Local News/your attorney/and post all over the Internet about your experience. If they are on dealerader.com (spelling) I would post up on this many consumers rely on this and yelp and no dealer can afford to have a bad rep.

Best wishes getting it resolved quickly
Old 06-28-12, 09:15 AM
pjaba
Driver School Candidate

I really appreciate the support and the suggestions. Just gathering all the data and printing out everything for a trip to the dealer soon.
Old 06-28-12, 09:18 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Your welcome I used to wholesale cars for a group of car dealers do I know exactly what they have to do. I'm not on here much but your welcome to PM me of they try to feed you any BS.
Old 06-28-12, 09:19 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Damn auto correct on my phone lol...
Old 06-28-12, 10:10 AM
dekidex
Driver

Default ...

Originally Posted by pjaba
dekidex,

thanks for your thoughts, it helps to see it from different perspectives. when i brought it to the lexus dealership, they are charging several hundred to take apart the door to do the inspection. the service manager assumes that it may be a problem with the multiplex computer part #89223 ($550), but nothing is conclusive until they take the door apart.

unfortunately, lexus will not fix this under warranty because of the damage on the door.
I think they should be able to diagnose the problem via Lexus diagnostics.If not,take it to a reputable stereo shop and have them take the door apart.
Old 06-28-12, 04:09 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what scumbags, do not back down and please keep us updated i'm very curious to see how this gets resolved.
Old 06-28-12, 06:33 PM
pjaba
Driver School Candidate

Talking

All,

I'm glad to report that I was able to get a full refund on this transaction. When I visited the dealership, the salesperson was unavailable and I explained the situation to the owner. Salesperson was called and came to visit onsite. We reviewed the situation, he was apologetic and provided the full refund.

Thank you all for you support and suggestions. Every little bit enabled me to get back my $$$.

Definitely lessons learned throughout this entire process.

Thanks again Club Lexus crew.
Old 06-28-12, 07:54 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Thats great!
Old 06-28-12, 07:56 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pjaba
All,

I'm glad to report that I was able to get a full refund on this transaction. When I visited the dealership, the salesperson was unavailable and I explained the situation to the owner. Salesperson was called and came to visit onsite. We reviewed the situation, he was apologetic and provided the full refund.
WoW! A car dealership that stands behind its merchandise! That's not very common. The dealership definately deserves recognition for their decency.
Old 06-28-12, 08:50 PM
3gsJaayyyy
Driver

Wow!! Nice to see a dealership doing something right for a change.
Old 06-29-12, 03:12 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

They probably realized the left the bricks inside the car and sold it to the wrong person. Lol

Glad you got your money back!

Quick Reply: Dealer sold me a damaged 2010 GS350