GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

LIGHTS (Shopping List)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-12, 11:33 AM
bbond
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIGHTS (Shopping List)

Below is a list of what i think would be a good setup

what are yalls thoughts

Headlights/Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: HID-D4S kbcarstuff @ 140.00 ??? not needed

DRL/High Beam Headlight Bulb Size: 9005 philips diamond vision 45.00
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/Philip...d-Vision-5000K

Parking Light Bulb Size: 2825 194 wedge Polarg M4 halogen bulbs 12.00
http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-3-CHI...22412-1-2.html
http://www.racinglab.com/polm4supwhit.html

Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: 9006 119.00 (4300K VOLT)
http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Volt-HID-D...p/vdp-hid.html

Puddle Light/Mirror Undercarriage: 194 vled $9 ( seems as though you would want a flank style bulb)
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...61053-1-2.html

Back Up Light Bulb Size: 921 $ 49
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/P...-p7526829.html

Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: DE3021 7.00
http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-1W-HP...-p9770325.html
Old 06-21-12, 02:26 PM
2008GSh
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can do much better pricing on "HID matching" tinted bulbs than you posted.

I scored parking LED's (shipped to my house) for 50 cents EACH
I score a pair of Xenon Fog Light (shipped to my house for $5.88 for the PAIR and
I replaced the DRL/High beams with a pair of blue tinted Halogens for $3.50 each (again shipped to my house)

My whole project was less than $14. ( I replaced 6 bulbs for about the price of a pair of your parking bulbs)

If you want I would be happy to post the EBAY links.
Old 06-21-12, 02:38 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

May I ask what colour temperature D4S bulbs you are looking at getting? You're referencing a 4300k Volt HID kit for the fogs so I'm assuming that you are trying to match low beam HIDs however your stock D4S bulbs would be 4300k from the start...

Either way, make sure to use coupon code FD15 to save 15% on your order if it's over $150.

Steve
Old 06-21-12, 07:19 PM
bbond
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2008GSh
You can do much better pricing on "HID matching" tinted bulbs than you posted.

I scored parking LED's (shipped to my house) for 50 cents EACH
I score a pair of Xenon Fog Light (shipped to my house for $5.88 for the PAIR and
I replaced the DRL/High beams with a pair of blue tinted Halogens for $3.50 each (again shipped to my house)

My whole project was less than $14. ( I replaced 6 bulbs for about the price of a pair of your parking bulbs)

If you want I would be happy to post the EBAY links.
honestly i don't want cheap bulbs....you may have to score another pair sooner that you would hope for in the near future .

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
May I ask what colour temperature D4S bulbs you are looking at getting? You're referencing a 4300k Volt HID kit for the fogs so I'm assuming that you are trying to match low beam HIDs however your stock D4S bulbs would be 4300k from the start...

Either way, make sure to use coupon code FD15 to save 15% on your order if it's over $150.

Steve
will do steve... this will be my 5th set ordered from yall. Do yall have stock options lol

what kind of match-up do you think i will have with the stock d4s bulbs with your 4300 kit ??

i was debating replacing all bulbs with 6000k but i really like the output of the current bulbs
Old 06-22-12, 08:20 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Sweet! We don't have stock options but it would be my pleasure to help you out! Just give me a call when you're ready and i will do my best to get you the best possible price on what you need!!

have you considered going with our 5000k D4S HID bulbs? They get rid of your OEM yellowish tinge and maintain your light output.

You can call me toll free at 18775222701

Steve
Old 06-22-12, 10:51 AM
2008GSh
Advanced

Originally Posted by bbond
honestly i don't want cheap bulbs....you may have to score another pair sooner that you would hope for in the near future .
Suit yourself... Bulbs are Bulbs... Almost all of them are manufactured overseas and in most cases the difference is only in the packaging. All of my bulbs came complete with a DOT rating and the 99 cent parking LED's are very nice and should (like all LED's) almost last forever. I simply selected 5000K temperature Halogen(DRL) /Xenon(Fogs) /LED's(Parking) and put them in... Easy fit, perfect color, no wiring splices/adapters, a 5 minute job, and easy on my wallet too. And the $6 Xenon Fogs are significantly brighter than the stock Halogens (at the same stock wattage)

We'll see how long mine last... but I can replace all of my bulbs 8 times for the cost of just the proposed Fog light HID kit...

$6 for a pair of Xenon Fog Bulbs verse $119 for a kit...
Wow! I can replace those bulbs almost 20 times before that kit starts to pay for itself.

As others have posted, you shouldn't need ballasts or relay's for the fog lights since they when they are on they get a full 12V.

Last edited by 2008GSh; 06-22-12 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-22-12, 11:07 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I'm guessing that you don't understand the difference between true Xenon / HID lights and "Xenon" halogen bulbs.
Old 06-22-12, 11:41 AM
2008GSh
Advanced

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
I'm guessing that you don't understand the difference between true Xenon / HID lights and "Xenon" halogen bulbs.
No I understand very well the difference, The $6 ($5.88 shipped ) bulbs that I'm running as 5000K fogs are Xenox gas Halogen bulbs, and they work great, look famous, dead simple to install, match the HID low beams in color, and provide more light than stock.

Yes if you are going to replace the Halogen bulbs or Xenon/Halogen hybrid bulbs with a true HID system then you need ballasts.

Sorry I was trying to clarify the need for relays (and sometimes ballasts) when replacing the DRL/High beams with LED's or HID's since the DRL run at 5ish volts and will cause all kinds of flickering problems.

Oh and BTW for anyone interested I have links to vendors selling direct replacement 6000K low beam true HID's bulbs for $34 (PAIR! Shipped!) ... Or $40 per pair shipped if you desire a 2 year warranty.

Last edited by 2008GSh; 06-23-12 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-22-12, 12:01 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Right... Can you explain what a Xenon gas halogen bulb is? Why would a halogen bulb need Xenon gas?

What are the lumens ratings on your Xenon Gas filled halogen bulbs? The funny thing is that the bulbs you ordered most likely provide less light than stock given the fact that they are dipped. The coating actually filters the useable light output.

I'm sure you can find a better price than $34 out there! I'm sure I've seen vendors selling for less money and they also back it up with a lifetime warranty
Old 06-22-12, 12:46 PM
2008GSh
Advanced

They are rated at 1600lm Don't have a light meter to check... Look brighter than stock to me...
almost as good as the ol' infamous "butt dyno"

Last edited by 2008GSh; 06-22-12 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-22-12, 03:05 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 4,300k hids from steve they match perfectly my
Oem
Bulbs and quality is awesome also. Dont go for cheap crap u might be in for a lot more in a long run.
Old 06-22-12, 06:33 PM
bbond
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
I have 4,300k hids from steve they match perfectly my
Oem
Bulbs and quality is awesome also. Dont go for cheap crap u might be in for a lot more in a long run.
gs350lexus thanks for your input....

do have any pics by chance of the setup??

What did you do with hi-beams etc.....
Old 06-22-12, 06:49 PM
bbond
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2008GSh
No I understand very well the difference, The $6 ($5.88 shipped ) bulbs that I'm running as 5000K fogs are Xenox gas Halogen bulbs, and they work great, look famous, dead simple to install, match the HID low beams in color, and provide more light than stock.

Yes if you are going to replace the Halogen bulbs or Xenon/Halogen hybrid bulbs with a true HID system then you need ballasts.

Sorry I was trying to clarify the need for relays (and sometimes ballasts) when replacing the DRL/High beams with LED's or HID's since the DRL run at 5ish volts and will cause all kinds of flickering problems.

Oh and BTW fair for anyone interested I have links to vendors selling direct replacement 6000K low beam true HID's bulbs for $34 (PAIR! Shipped!) ... Or $40 per pair shipped if you desire a 2 year warranty.
as stated before i am not interested in cheap off brand bulbs that WILL burn out within the year.

i specifically posted links to my shopping list and asked for input in regards to what i had selected but yet you keep throwing cheap **** into my thread.

I would advice starting a new topic showing off your setup for people to review.

ohh and possibly applying to become a vender because you seem to be spamming hardcore
Old 06-23-12, 07:00 AM
2008GSh
Advanced

Originally Posted by bbond
as stated before i am not interested in cheap off brand bulbs that WILL burn out within the year.

i specifically posted links to my shopping list and asked for input in regards to what i had selected but yet you keep throwing cheap **** into my thread.

I would advice starting a new topic showing off your setup for people to review.

ohh and possibly applying to become a vender because you seem to be spamming hardcore
You asked for my opinion.. and I offered it... I have run "cheap" Chinese bulbs in several of my cars and I have found that normally they last just as long as fancy Philips/GE/Sylvania/PIAA or what ever brand you like. My wife's 4Runner has been using similar 50 cent LED's on her truck for over 2 years. If you are worried about them failing, buy an extra pair for another buck

I'll keep track of this thread and I'll post back in a year with how many of these bulbs I WILL have to replace and what it cost...
If I have to replace ALL of them Ohh another $14

If you have cash to burn, and want to spend almost $200 and achieve a look that I did for less than $15 more power to you.

No I'm not a vendor, just trying to help you and other members save some money... If you would like I'm sure with almost as little effort I could find vendors who will sell you the same bulbs for your car for over $500.

For example... Add the words PIAA, BMW, and extreme (or Super Plasma) and a really fancy plastic bubble box to just another blue tinted Halogen bulb and you can get really super duper Asian 9005 bulb for over $100 for the pair shipped ! That's the same blue bulb that I paid $6.98, and that you want to pay $45 for.

http://www.brandsport.com/piaa-19615.html
Now there are some really high quality blue tinted halogen bulbs :lol:
Hurry they're on sale... regular price is $127 for the pair... High price does not always mean great quality...

BTW pretty sure that those $12 Polarg M4 blue tint bulbs are not Halogens, but are simple old school incandescent. You will be much happier with LEDs since, like HID's they hide their "blueness" when they are off. These are a direct fit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-T10-168...sories&vxp=mtr

I would advice that you should edit your original post to read, "What are yalls thoughts... Positive comments only please"

And since you are looking for only positive feedback, your car will look WAY better with all of the bulbs matching in color... I have no idea why Lexus doesn't do this from the factory. Regardless what you choose to spend, it is a significant improvement on how the car looks.

Last edited by 2008GSh; 06-23-12 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-24-12, 01:45 AM
bbond
Rookie

the polarg m4 bulbs are the closest match to the factory hid's

Quick Reply: LIGHTS (Shopping List)