GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Who's the youngest 3GS owner on CL?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-13, 12:09 PM
LexiLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine at 20 and I'm now 21! Yay me, lol! I'm in the military and since I didn't buy it brand new and I built my credit with an older BMW my note is nowhere near $900
Old 01-21-13, 02:58 PM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did this 22 year old really say "gettin old" ??
Old 01-21-13, 07:04 PM
TBone12
Rookie

Just turned 21 and I purchased my 3GS about two weeks ago after my modified g37 was hit by another car. I decided to go with the GS instead of going back to the g37 because the GS is more of a classy, adult car that can serve me well for many years. I have been very happy with the decision that I've made and i will continue to modify my care but in a more conservative way.
Old 01-22-13, 02:58 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Not to be a d*ck, but I hope you youngins are either A) independently wealthy, B) have rich parents or C) Got it for an incredibly low price. Young guys need to be saving and investing. If you've got a ton of money to blow because you're balling that hard, then cool. If you parents are rich, then cool, but don't be a dumbass and start posting here that you are the youngest GS owner. I made sure that I owned a lot of stocks and a few houses before I had a nice car.

This **** does not impress me.
Old 01-22-13, 06:13 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ well you can get a used GS for fairly cheap now, some as low as 15k. So considering the cost of these now its going to bring in a flood of different people. Nothing here to be bragging about given the cost. I was driving a NSX at the age of 24, paid for by myself not my parents. Some can afford nice cars at a young age others rely on the parents and I had that opportunity but I wanted to do things on my own and prove to myself that I could succeed with out my parents wealth.

What I don't get is this of all cars? I just wouldn't want the 3gs at such a young age. I would be targeting the 2gen GS or an SC400 if I was in my low 20's looking for a Lexus.
Old 01-22-13, 11:06 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ well you can get a used GS for fairly cheap now, some as low as 15k. So considering the cost of these now its going to bring in a flood of different people. Nothing here to be bragging about given the cost. I was driving a NSX at the age of 24, paid for by myself not my parents. Some can afford nice cars at a young age others rely on the parents and I had that opportunity but I wanted to do things on my own and prove to myself that I could succeed with out my parents wealth.

What I don't get is this of all cars? I just wouldn't want the 3gs at such a young age. I would be targeting the 2gen GS or an SC400 if I was in my low 20's looking for a Lexus.
I agree with you about the 3GS being available for fairly cheap. I even listed it as one of my options...

or C) Got it for an incredibly low price.
But to me, this thread seems like... who is the youngest 3GS owner, in order to brag in some way about being able to afford a grown man's car. Just shut up already. Rich people don't brag about owning a 3GS... they collect Ferraris If your parents bought you the car or helped you buy it, then shut up. In the case of your NSX, that's cool and quite an accomplishment... but were you on the NSX forums asking who is the youngest NSX owner? You don't seem like that type of guy. It's a dumb question that seems like bragging to me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-22-13, 11:08 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexiLex
I bought mine at 20 and I'm now 21! Yay me, lol! I'm in the military and since I didn't buy it brand new and I built my credit with an older BMW my note is nowhere near $900
Haha. I've seen young soldiers spend their money a lot worse. I was a young soldier a long time ago too. Now I'm an old soldier (though now I'm a part-timer).
Old 01-22-13, 12:40 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
In the case of your NSX, that's cool and quite an accomplishment... but were you on the NSX forums asking who is the youngest NSX owner? You don't seem like that type of guy. It's a dumb question that seems like bragging to me. Just my 2 cents.

your correct and hardly anyone knew I had the car.
Old 01-22-13, 01:19 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't own a 3GS but I was 16 when I got my 99 GS3 handed down to me. This was in 2002 btw.
Old 01-22-13, 04:38 PM
KJSmitty
Driver

Originally Posted by jre002
Not to be a d*ck, but I hope you youngins are either A) independently wealthy, B) have rich parents or C) Got it for an incredibly low price. Young guys need to be saving and investing. If you've got a ton of money to blow because you're balling that hard, then cool. If you parents are rich, then cool, but don't be a dumbass and start posting here that you are the youngest GS owner. I made sure that I owned a lot of stocks and a few houses before I had a nice car.

This **** does not impress me.
I'm sure if you chose to ask the OP or others this thread was not created to "impress". Rather the tone was more a young gent wondering how many young dudes preferred the likes of a Lexus GS.. A car many look at as an older man/woman's car etc.. Ironically however, after only a few replies it was evident this thread would be peppered with accusations of rich parents and/or spoiled kids etc.. I'm sure I'm in the top 10% of "old dudes" here thus don't need to justify anything I drive yet can admit my first nice car was purchased by me with no more than a co-sign from the old man. And I was still 16 and a sophomore in High School. Crap, I owned a darn nice street bike prior to that that I also paid cash for. Then again, I had two jobs from the time I was about twelve. :-)

Also, what's your definition of a "nice car", and ensure you back that thought up to a point when you were 20. My first was $5000 and it was one of the nicest and fastest in my decent size HS. Today, that would be the equivalent of a $15-$20k if not more. Even min wage was a third of what it is now.. So, by no means do I condone someone living beyond their means, but if you really consider what you may or may not have had back when you were 20 or in my case 16, I truly doubt you had/owned "a lot of stocks and several houses" prior to your first decent car.

That's just my thoughts as I perused this thread. :-).

Cheers

Last edited by KJSmitty; 01-22-13 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-07-14, 11:59 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cubabarber
If they only new man... I feel like a young executive driving around in my car... I love it
Man you couldn't have said it better acere.... ..... I feel the same driving my 2GS lol!!!
Old 01-08-14, 08:31 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
Also, what's your definition of a "nice car", and ensure you back that thought up to a point when you were 20. My first was $5000 and it was one of the nicest and fastest in my decent size HS. Today, that would be the equivalent of a $15-$20k if not more. Even min wage was a third of what it is now.. So, by no means do I condone someone living beyond their means, but if you really consider what you may or may not have had back when you were 20 or in my case 16, I truly doubt you had/owned "a lot of stocks and several houses" prior to your first decent car.

That's just my thoughts as I perused this thread. :-).

Cheers
I was 20 in the late 90's and my car was worth about $2k.
Old 01-09-14, 11:12 AM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi I am 15 and I represent YMCMB, my first car was a Lamborghini Reventon as a christmas present back in 2010, then on my 16 bday I got myself a Maybach 62s Brabus modded and a Bugatti YAY-ron Grand Super Sport. then when I turn 17 I bought a 50k sq feet mansion in Beverly Hill along with Zonda F. Then 2012 came when Nikki Minaji and Birdman and Little Wayne took over my game i went bankrupt so in the end I got myself a used GS450h on my 23rd bday...

I don't have my parents help, is all the Swag I got, haters gonna hate
Old 01-12-14, 05:05 PM
kennylexsc
Driver

i bought my 1999 lexus rx 300 in 2000 when I was 21 years old, then i sold it, i bought 2000 lexus Gs 300 in 2002 and i drove it for 9 years, a few years ago, i bought a 2003 lexus sc 430 and 2006 lexus Gs 300, i am a lexus big fan, i will drive a lexus vehicle forever, no I am 35, thank you
Old 01-13-14, 08:00 PM
garroids
Rookie

Great car, congrats on being a young owner

Quick Reply: Who's the youngest 3GS owner on CL?