GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Officialy not mine anymore!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-12, 07:51 AM
06ausiecar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Officialy not mine anymore!!!

Hello fellow CL members.

I bought a 06 gs430 almost exactly 1 year and 5 months ago. Been trying to sell it since November. Today is a good day. Money is in my bank account and the car is transferred to the new owner. Not one tear came from my eye while watching it leave down the road on this car. Finally I won't get calls anymore about "that camry" I have for sale. The whole ordeal with this car was a hassle and not so very good experience. Dealership Was late on sending the title so I had I had to get new temp tags and problems with the car. The only thing I'll miss is the no keys ordeal.

You guys on here are great though. A lot of good info and good times spend stalking this place. I will not be back in a 3GS. Not after this experience. I think I'm going the is300 route or my ever so loved e30 route and save save save for a house. Thanks for the help advise and all the info you all provided. I'll post pics up of the last moments with the car tonight once I get to my computer.

One last question though for you good people....

I have a set of passionate black floor mats that will never be used again in good shape. How much are these little girls worth? I'll post pics of them too tonight.

And a side not.. The iPhone is suppose to be this great smart phone but it sure can't type very well...
Old 06-14-12, 08:04 AM
Roe
Driver

You calling my car a Camry?

Don't let the door hit you in the way out! rofl
Old 06-14-12, 08:06 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

yea i sold mine almost a year ago now. hopefully i be back in a 3GS at one point.
Old 06-14-12, 08:56 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Dang, you sound bitter! What was up with your car that made it a bad experience?
Old 06-14-12, 09:57 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry you had a bad experience. It's unfortunate. I too recently sold my 07 GS350. I do miss it and had no problems with it.
Old 06-14-12, 10:22 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

what made your experience with the 3gs so bad?
Old 06-14-12, 10:27 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

he purchased my old car from my buddies dealership. I was helping them on the side and had him purchase my car and sell it at the dealer. I cant say I was thrilled with the car myself either but its not a bad car. Just not for us younger guys
Old 06-14-12, 10:38 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
he purchased my old car from my buddies dealership. I was helping them on the side and had him purchase my car and sell it at the dealer. I cant say I was thrilled with the car myself either but its not a bad car. Just not for us younger guys
cant say anything about the 3gs, but im extremely young compared to some people on here and the 2GS for me.

makes me stand out from the mass
Old 06-14-12, 11:58 AM
06ausiecar
Driver

I got so many calls about that red camry I had forsale. I just started to reply if you don't know what it is you can't afford it. Lol I compare this car to a BMW. It is reliable just BMW stuff happens to it. Some is Lexus fault some was the P/O and some are probably mine. I'm done pointing the finger like I've said before I'm over it just super stoked to get it down the road. Spent more $ fixing this car this year than I have spent on my 89 BMW in two years. I love club Lexus. With the GS I was more active but with my older es I just stalked the pages and did my thing. I like how active it is and this is just the 3GS part. I've been looking at the 1st and 2nd gen is section and it's a little more active but I understand why. I do have to say these scion people are crazy!!! I'm co driver in a tc rs 7.0 and holy crap these guys are on the forum 24/7, do things with each other and super great people. If I could do fwd I'd buy one for me. No frs for maybe a brz limited but no frs. (my friend has it and I maintain it for her lol btw)

Hope you all continue on with these awesome builds and great information. Maybe back soon may take me awhile.
Old 06-14-12, 12:11 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
cant say anything about the 3gs, but im extremely young compared to some people on here and the 2GS for me.

makes me stand out from the mass

IMO the 2gen was a better car even for younger buyers. I got the 3gen for space for the family and it was the only reason as I hate SUV's. Looked sharp all done up but just never got that wow factor driving it. I got lots of looks and compliments on the car just wasnt me at the end of the day.

I cant say anything negative about the car minus a few issues that everyone has reported with the car...it was just a bad purchase on my part rushing to get a more practical car at the time.
Old 06-14-12, 12:35 PM
TWong350

I agree with Mike. It's not a fun car to drive, at least not for me. I loved the car though, for what it was. I'll get back into a Lexus again some day. For now, my Prius will do! LOL. Talk about not fun to drive!
Old 06-14-12, 01:33 PM
06ausiecar
Driver

Did you know the dealer offers sways and lowering springs for the Prius. Evident,y you couldn't get the parts unless you ordered the Prius with it. But now trdsparks has them along with the rest of the Toyota/scion line up. at least you got a Prius and not an insight!
Old 06-14-12, 01:43 PM
TWong350

I have absolutely zero interest in adding springs or sway bars to it! I bought it for one thing and one thing only. And yes, the Insight is just hideous, IMO. Although I also own a Honda, I'm a Toyota loyalist at heart!
Old 06-14-12, 01:57 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

the only 2 things i dislike from 3Gs are the trunk space & squeak noise inside dashboard, thats it. the rest, i enjoyed every single of it. I'm nowhere near 'expert driver' like some of you guys. but i have no complaint so far. fortunately i bought this car with a nice history being serviced by lexus dealer since day 1.

good luck 06ausiecar, you'll be back get 4GS, that will cheer you up....
Old 06-14-12, 03:22 PM
NoMSGadded
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TWong350
I agree with Mike. It's not a fun car to drive, at least not for me. I loved the car though, for what it was. I'll get back into a Lexus again some day. For now, my Prius will do! LOL. Talk about not fun to drive!
Funny, I did the other way around. I went from a Prius to the GS.

Only because I have a growing family and wanted more room.

Quick Reply: Officialy not mine anymore!!!