GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Officialy not mine anymore!!!

Old 06-14-12, 03:55 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always thought the LS looks like a Camry not a GS.
Old 06-14-12, 04:57 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMSGadded
Funny, I did the other way around. I went from a Prius to the GS.

Only because I have a growing family and wanted more room.
Too funny. I never drove my GS. My wife has an Odyssey and we would drive it everywhere. The fuel economy sucks. With my GS just sitting there, no use keeping it. Traded it in while I could still get something for it. Picked up an Prius and now the van sits.

My kids are bigger now and we don't haul much around with us anymore. The Prius has been perfect. I had a big grin on my face when it only costed me $34 to fill it up the other day!

I do miss my GS, though.
Old 06-19-12, 10:03 AM
liv2drift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by datplayaz
I've always thought the LS looks like a Camry not a GS.
It's funny you say that one rolled up behind me on the highway this morning and at first glance i swear it was an early model LS460.... nope... camry lol. I always talked crap about people who made that mistake... oops.
Old 06-19-12, 11:13 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I love this car. I make up excuses to go for errands and for short blasts.

Just came back from a weekend getaway with family. 400 miles round trip. Next day drove to Boston for a conference I was doing, another 400 miles round trip. Car is a blast, love shifting it in manual from time to time.
Only thing that sucks is having to keep it near a speed limit at 80 MPH.. got 27mpg on the way to Boston.

You are probably a bit on a younger side. Get a Mustang or whatever kids beat on these days and get it out of your system.

But in the end... best thing in life is making choices... Enjoy!
Old 10-01-12, 08:11 PM
06ausiecar
Driver

hey you all sorry for the real late response.. been working crazy and making my way up the company.

I have a 2006 GTO I bought when I was 18. I will be 23 in a few months. That's my play toy. suspension, ccw's, full bolt ons. I bought a e36 m3 about 2 months ago. A down grade but how I love driving it and paid cash for it with money in the bank still. Provides 22-23 mpg with my 60-70% city driving. I tried buying a 05 absolutly red is300 with 20,000 miles!!! But it sold in two days. manual and nav. Missed out on that one. I will be back in two or three years. I'm in the process of purchasing a house so the big purchases are at a stand still for awhile. I 100% miss a lexus every day just not that one. My family has had es' and rx's and just loved them. But It couldn't have came at a better time to get rid of the car. It provided a lot of cousion for my bank acount for i can focus on my studies and work work work. I have dogged the 4gs from day one. I HATED IT! until last week.... I am still not a huge fan but it is a nice car and an upgrade from the 3gs. I just hate the rear side window and how it swirls oddly with the door/quarter, the new lexus grille look and may be it's just me being 5'7 but the screen inside looks like it's not in the right place. Also the lean towards the bmw interior look but still a great car. I will buy a LS next but that is a minute away unless by then my uncle wants to get rid of his s63 amg. merc just kind of scares me and I really enjoy the toyota's. I looked into a BRZ limited and for 30K I would just save a tad more and buy a used 09/10 ISF. You guys on here are way cool and get answers straight to the point unlike the m3 forum I am on. I've enjoyed the easiness of the forum lay out and just the great people on here. You all have 20k + cars and are helpful and for the most part not on the bashing side. the e36 is worth maybe 20k for a super low miled perfect example to the perfect person while the moon is full and you wish apon a star and never get staright answers and kind of snoby. It is bmw but.. I've still enjoyed them thouigh. most go around the 10-15k mark. I still look at ever 3gs i see and still spot them from a mile away. Life happens though.. I am going to try to keep up on the new stuff on club lexus but life is busy these days and I am getting a ton of rath towards me on the ls1gto forum buddies since I am hardly active at all anymore since the purchase of my old lexus. have a great day you all. I still need to put pics up just need my computer and not the shops.
Old 10-02-12, 06:11 AM
Blacknot
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine but my weekend car is an Nsx. So I don't expect my 4 door to be a sports car. I think it rides well and I have the V8 so it has nice pick up when needed
Old 10-07-12, 06:28 PM
06ausiecar
Driver

nsx are nice cars. I was looking at them and 97,98 tt supra's back before I bought my GTO. The nice ones were about 5-10K out of my price range so I some how fell in love with my fat aussie ****. I have seen many nice, done up NSX's in the car scene around cincinnati. I bet they are a super fun car to drive around in. I am just so use to my ls2's grunt, I do not know if I could go with out a v8 in my fun car. Not saying the nsx or a supra wouldn't tickle my pickle because I am sure it would. I've never driven a nsx so I can not say too much on that part. I know the quality though is amazing in them. I have stainless works long tubes to their 3 inch mids (no cats) and cat back and the car sounds like a freakin nascar when at FOT. Very very livable at idle and crusing speeds. Plus 80mph at 2000 rpm. I was getting 18 city 28 highway. After the tune and me likeing to hear the exhaust note a little to much city isn't much and highway I canstill rock 26 out of her.