Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Need some info on ride quality and cabin noise between ES and GS

Old 05-29-12, 12:59 PM   #1
MrRIP
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Need some info on ride quality and cabin noise between ES and GS

Ive been doin research looking to get rid of this old contour for something a lil nicer

I really dont care about performance. Im all about ride quality and comfort and aesthetics.

The 06 GS is what im looking for aesthetically inside and out in a car. I just read that the ES was designed for ride quality and all the other things I want.

I would just like to know is there really a huge difference between the two or what?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
MrRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 03:18 PM   #2
Fation
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Fation Syla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRIP View Post
Ive been doin research looking to get rid of this old contour for something a lil nicer

I really dont care about performance. Im all about ride quality and comfort and aesthetics.

The 06 GS is what im looking for aesthetically inside and out in a car. I just read that the ES was designed for ride quality and all the other things I want.

I would just like to know is there really a huge difference between the two or what?
Yes there is a big difference. I own a 2009 GS350. It is like sitting on a cloud but when you compare it to the ES it is much stiffer (suspension). The ES is truly comfortable and has a very "fluffy" suspension. I think you will be very satisfied with an ES because the GS while it is very comfy and quite in the cabin, it is also quite sporty when you want it to be. The ES seems like a better choice for you even though the GS might look quite better. The ES always stays the same and is much more luxury focused then a GS.
Fation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 04:13 PM   #3
tucker21
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fation View Post
Yes there is a big difference. I own a 2009 GS350. It is like sitting on a cloud but when you compare it to the ES it is much stiffer (suspension). The ES is truly comfortable and has a very "fluffy" suspension. I think you will be very satisfied with an ES because the GS while it is very comfy and quite in the cabin, it is also quite sporty when you want it to be. The ES seems like a better choice for you even though the GS might look quite better. The ES always stays the same and is much more luxury focused then a GS.
you might want to rewrite this paragraph as its very confusing.
you say the GS is like sitting on a cloud compared to the ES then go on to talk about how much more comfortable the ES is then the GS.

i'm pretty sure you just switched around GS for ES in one of the 2 spots but its hard to tell in which.

cheers.
tucker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 04:55 PM   #4
bigblack06
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

The ES has a much softer ride as its built for comfort as the GS is made for a sporty ride. Your best bet though is for you to test drive both of them yourself, as that is something you need to feel for yourself.

"It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road."-George Globel
2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport Remote Start/Glass Breakage/Heated Steering/Blind Spot Monitor/Tint/Vinyl Wrap Front/Philips U 6K/ Tanabe NF210 Springs/ Velgen Wheels/More To Come

Lexus GS 450h 2007 SOLD http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...450h-9909.html
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 05:05 PM   #5
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX

bigblack took the words right outta my mouth, YOU test drive to see what YOU like, it's not up to our opinions what you'll be sitting behind driving for the next few years
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 10:42 AM   #6
L8Apex
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRIP View Post
I really dont care about performance. ?
I cant handle that statement. <----Joke...kinda
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 02:57 PM   #7
Krstobond
Rookie

Keep in mind the es is frontwheeldrive.
Krstobond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:05 PM   #8
Brabusx2
Pole Position

if u like the look of GS and also look for comfort, go with GS,

if u feel GS is a bit harsh and bumpy, go ES, and cheaper too!

I really didn't like the ES and RX because they bodyroll like crazy
Brabusx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:05 PM

Tags
00, 02, 2006, 2013, cabin, comfortable, es, gs, gs300, high, lexus, noise, noisy, quality, ride