GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Car acting strange

Old 05-23-12, 08:13 PM
BGG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car acting strange

Looking for some pointers as to why this would be happening. Picked up my car, 2007 gs350 rwd, a couple weeks ago and have loved owning it until recently. Ive already had to jump the car 3 times. Ended up replacing the battery today with an Optima and the guy at advanced notified me that there is something pulling a draw off the car when its off. The car came with an amp and subwoofer that I have check the grounds for. Could a faulty inline fuse cause a draw? Also noticed that today after replacing the battery, I can only wind down the driver side window with my switch. When I try to wind down any other window it doesnt work. However, I am able to if I push the actual switch associated with the window. No auto roll ups work either. I know there probably could be plenty of reasons for all of this, but does anyone have a good idea where to start

Ive disconnected the inline fuse for the sound system and I am still getting a draw

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 05-23-12, 09:35 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Because you've reset your window switches when the battery died. You need to do this for all 4 doors (on the door itself)).

Roll down 1 second, roll up for 10 seconds (it's just a rule of thumb i go by, to make sure the process is right).

I believe for hte sunroof you need to hold the close button and let it open and close fully and that sets the automatic system for the sunroof also.

As for hte amp draw, it's very simple fix. Take your amplifier out, easy as that!.

P.S. What Optima battery did you go with? I went with yellow, and with little modification, it worked like a charm! My car's system is running stronger than ever! On top of that. The amplifier is juiced so well, my speakers have been rattling my windows and doors lately. Been meaning to turn it down since the battery swap.
Old 05-24-12, 11:52 AM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Because you've reset your window switches when the battery died. You need to do this for all 4 doors (on the door itself)).

Roll down 1 second, roll up for 10 seconds (it's just a rule of thumb i go by, to make sure the process is right).

I believe for hte sunroof you need to hold the close button and let it open and close fully and that sets the automatic system for the sunroof also.

As for hte amp draw, it's very simple fix. Take your amplifier out, easy as that!.

P.S. What Optima battery did you go with? I went with yellow, and with little modification, it worked like a charm! My car's system is running stronger than ever! On top of that. The amplifier is juiced so well, my speakers have been rattling my windows and doors lately. Been meaning to turn it down since the battery swap.
+1 regarding the windows - happened to me last week when I disconnected the battery to change the brakes. They just needed to be reset. As for the battery draw, is your amp left on? B/c this is what happened in my last car when the guys installed my sound system - they wired it wrong and my amp was on 24hrs/day.
Old 05-24-12, 08:07 PM
BGG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Windows fixed.. Still trying to diagnose the engine draw issue.. Dont think its the amp, bc its disconnected and I still get a draw..
Old 05-24-12, 11:39 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

gotcha BGG, can you park your car in a dark garage, close off from all the lights and see if one of your courtesy switches is broken? sometimes that will cause the interior lights to stay lit and you'll run into the battery drain issue.

Also, half the time those discount auto parts and "battery" guys don't know anything and will say something's draining your battery, but well in fact you're just due for a battery change soon!

They told me that when I was driving a TL loaned from my aunt.... got a new battery, started it right up, starts up everytime and never gave problems ever again! The battery was just on the verge of dying, but not quite there yet. So it runs down on voltage, imitating a power drain from accessories within the vehicle. This is a universal sign for all cars, not just that TL and I thought I might just add my experience with it.