GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

want a deeper sound... please help!

Old 04-15-12, 06:29 AM
cubabarber
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want a deeper sound... please help!

I actually wanna kno if anyone knows how to get an isf sound on an 07 gs350... I went to lexus lf orlando and they quoted me about 2000.. for the exgaust system and intake... Dont wNna spend anywhere near that type of money...i just want a more aggressive/deeper sound outside but not loud in the cabin... So i went to a local muffler shop and they told me that i can get a deeper sound changi.g the muffler but to check other gs' that have done it to see what brand i should go with... Has anyone made this mod?? If so any suggestions? Im really hesitant with modding any engine work, i stick with just the cosmetic, but i really want a deeper sound...

Please help! Thanks
Old 04-15-12, 09:27 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Covered in these pages more times than one can count. Just read up, listen to youtube vids and decide for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails want a deeper sound... please help!-search.jpg  
Old 04-15-12, 03:47 PM
cubabarber
Driver

Thanks... Yeh cuz the thing is i dont want to do much modifying... Im just lookin for an axel back exhaust.. just a deeper sound..
Old 04-15-12, 04:02 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

consider the F-Sport exhaust. If its anything like the 2IS, it should be what you're looking for.
Old 04-15-12, 04:06 PM
cubabarber
Driver

Originally Posted by joeker
consider the F-Sport exhaust. If its anything like the 2IS, it should be what you're looking for.

Yeh.. but lexus quoted me 2000... I dnt wanna pay no where near that much.. i just want a nice deep sound... I just used the isf as an example of the sound i like... I kno i wont get that sound unless i pay that money.. but im good with something similar.. any suggustions...? O n i want it axel-back...
Old 04-15-12, 04:10 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ISF sound will be dictated by the cylinder count, not the bore of the exhaust - so no, your V6 3.5L won't sound like the ISF's, not to mention the two exhausts will have been tuned for very different characteristics due to the intended nature/market sector of the two cars.
Even the 2012 GS Sport won't be aiming to sound like the ISF.

As suggested above, search the site and youtube, to give you so idea of what's about, and which sounds like the one you'd like to have.

To kick start you off, I quite like this one - but the problem is not all videos are recorded with the same microphone, nor the same distance from the tips, and reverb from ground and surroundings will change the tone.

Old 04-15-12, 04:17 PM
cubabarber
Driver

Yeh that actually sounds exactlly what im lookin for... U kno info on that exhaust?? And changing that from my understanding to change that is cutting the oem and welding the new one... Will that set off any sencors or risk anything messing up on the car AT ALL?? as u can see im no mechanic... I have that mentallity that if the car came that way its because it was supposed to... Any changes and the car may mess up..
Old 04-15-12, 10:12 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Take off your resonator, no cost at all, u want a deeper sound you're gonna have to shell out some money for a good exhaust
Old 04-16-12, 07:01 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...-p-104520.html
http://topspeedauto.com/productcart/...idproduct=2206
Old 04-16-12, 07:04 AM
cubabarber
Driver

Originally Posted by trdsol23
Take off your resonator, no cost at all, u want a deeper sound you're gonna have to shell out some money for a good exhaust
So just the resonator should do the trick?? I like the sound of the one in the video above... Id def. Consider that... I just wanna stay away from the 2000 the dealer wants lol...

And any idea how to remove the resonator?
Old 04-16-12, 07:15 AM
cubabarber
Driver

Thanks alot bro... Im 95% sure that ima go with the invidia... Like that aggressive sound.alot.... Thats the same one on that gs in the video u posted first right??
Old 04-16-12, 08:59 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Yes, the video title says what's fitted - Top Speed with Invidia mid-pipe.
Maybe get the Invidia first, then see how that changes the stock muffler sound.
If it's not quite on the money, then spend the extra getting the Top Speed, or another set of mufflers.
Old 04-16-12, 01:24 PM
cubabarber
Driver

Originally Posted by Boron
Yes, the video title says what's fitted - Top Speed with Invidia mid-pipe.
Maybe get the Invidia first, then see how that changes the stock muffler sound.
If it's not quite on the money, then spend the extra getting the Top Speed, or another set of mufflers.
Kool.. i apprciate the help... I actually went and saw more videos of that one and i saw a pic of it takin off and drivin and didnt like it at all.. it actually sounded like a civic... I liked how it sounded idle... Idk.. im just gonna have to keep lookin till i find what i want... If u come across any other vids wit exhaust try n keep me posted if u dnt mind... thanks in advance
Old 04-16-12, 03:36 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

I wouldn't put too much credence on the sound from the video - it's compressed audio of unknown quality.
That aside, the engine in your Lexus is a V6 - which don't tend to sound too much different to a 4-pot.
Can't say I agree the sound is particularly Civic-esque, but the engine is a VVTi, Toyota's version of VTEC, so there's bound to be an element of similarity at high revs.

Some reading - see link below - and you might just have to take the plunge unless you can hear the likes of the one I linked previously, in person (both in and outside the car).
Short of that, either trust the F-Sport system, or contact Borla to see if they can give you some pointers with their Universal parts.

Q. Why don't you have sound clips on each of your part numbers?

We really wish we could just package a sound sample in a box like little shampoo bottles or the cologne ads in magazines -- you know, the ones where you pull apart the page and get to actually smell it. But the nature of our product is such that this is not possible.
Although we have posted a few sounds on our website homepage, it's really a disservice to the actual sound quality of our products because they sound so much better in person - no matter what kind of computer speakers you have.

Recorded with a microphone. There are thousands of different microphones available and they all sound different from one another. Record the same system, on the same car, with different microphones and the sound will be different. Variables of condenser mics, dynamic mics, large capsules, small capsules, tubes etc. will all affect the sound you hear on playback. Are you looking to compare microphones or an exhausts?
A compressed sound file - Sound files are normally compressed for web pages and this drastically changes the sound.

Played back through a speaker. Similar to the microphone issue listed in item #1, there are a wide variety of speakers available and they all sound different. The difference in speakers will completely change the sound you hear on playback. Add a subwoofer and it's even less of a true replication of what you will experience after you have installed a Borla on your vehicle.
We wouldn't recommend making your buying decision by listening to sound clips on the web. It's like deciding who has the best tomato sauce by recreating the smell they emit with scratch-and-sniffs. There is no substitute for tasting it.
When you hear an exhaust in person, there are certain physical properties of sound that are impossible to recreate with a sound file, such as vibration through the ground and into your inner ear. The sound you hear from our Corvette exhaust, for example, is not just what comes out of the tailpipe. It's rather a combination of sounds coming from the tailpipe tip, the engine, reflections off the ground, resonance of the cabin -- even the reverberation of sound through your body affects what you hear through your inner ear. You can't recreate all of these variables over the Internet, yet they all affect the sound experience of your exhaust. Therefore, whatever you hear over cyperspace cannot be an accurate replication of what you will hear when you install it on your Vette for real. If you're as critical of sound as we are, this is unacceptable.

Borla Performance strives for opportunities to match up against the competition in real world settings because, after nearly 30 years of success and customer feedback, we have a very good idea of what our customers are looking for.

Although it's fun (and certainly easy) to surf the web and listen to sound clips, we wouldn't recommend using this as your final decision.
http://www.borla.com/faqs/