GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What do you guy think of this grill

Old 12-18-11, 02:17 AM
LEXJG
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What do you guy think of this grill

What do you guys think of this ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Lexus-GS...-/140612493330
Old 12-18-11, 02:20 AM
LEXJG
Driver

Also has anyone replaced their grill hen they have radar cruise ? I'm thinking if I use plastic mesh there should not be a problem ? Or have you used metal mesh ?
Old 12-18-11, 03:41 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thats not JDM...The real deal is for sale in the classifieds and I think it looks great

2nd question not so sure, not many have replaced the front grill that i am aware of. Maybe paint it, reference my car, to change it up but still keep it OEM for the radar cruise???

Old 12-18-11, 05:23 AM
LEXJG
Driver

Yeh I know but the one in classifieds is $400 and no one in the UK is Guna know it's not JDM and to be honest not many in the US would either. I like your Grill black I think I might do that first to see cuz my car is black as well.
Old 12-18-11, 05:33 AM
LEXJG
Driver

It won't let me attach photo to my post I have gone to manage attachments but it just says choose file type but when I touch the type it does nothing is it cuz I'm using an iPad ?
Old 12-18-11, 08:32 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its looks like a blitz grill, looks good to me
Old 12-18-11, 10:00 AM
fasthuh
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXJG
Photos on the item looks nice, I had the same grill design on my 2GS but the real TRD. I'd like to also know if anyone has tried this grill as far as fitting on the car.
Old 12-18-11, 10:02 AM
fasthuh
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
thats not JDM...The real deal is for sale in the classifieds and I think it looks great

2nd question not so sure, not many have replaced the front grill that i am aware of. Maybe paint it, reference my car, to change it up but still keep it OEM for the radar cruise???

Nice grill, but I'm not digging the man-liner on the headlights.
Old 12-18-11, 10:36 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grill cool, headlight surround, not so.
Old 12-18-11, 11:31 AM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Grill looks clean, headlight trim is ugly...looks like its wearing glasses lol.
Old 12-18-11, 03:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea I guess I upgraded my sunglasses lol. Looks better then the chrome sunglasses! The new owner of the car must have liked it also since he drove pretty far to flat bed it home.
Old 12-18-11, 06:38 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Also has anyone replaced their grill hen they have radar cruise ? I'm thinking if I use plastic mesh there should not be a problem ? Or have you used metal mesh ?
i believe (but not 100% sure) that the radar cruise is enclosed within the "L" lexus emblem. it is for the 450h with the radar cruise option, but not sure for the regular GS. so if you replace your factory grill, you may lose radar cruise (if you have that option). i would consult with your lexus dealer to confirm the actual location of the radar cruise before you buy your replacement grill (to be on the safe side). nothing sucks more than buying a part that you find out later you can't use.
Old 12-18-11, 10:17 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed that ebay grille for a while but no one has it here. It looks very good on the black GS and similar shape to the Blitz. Best looking 3GS grille on ebay. Maybe you can try it and let's know?

Let me post it for you.
What do you guy think of this grill-gs35006grillsample.jpg
Old 12-19-11, 09:18 AM
LEXJG
Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i believe (but not 100% sure) that the radar cruise is enclosed within the "L" lexus emblem. it is for the 450h with the radar cruise option, but not sure for the regular GS. so if you replace your factory grill, you may lose radar cruise (if you have that option). i would consult with your lexus dealer to confirm the actual location of the radar cruise before you buy your replacement grill (to be on the safe side). nothing sucks more than buying a part that you find out later you can't use.
I think the sender is behind the badge attached where the hood catch is over here if you have radar cruise your badge is like a clear flat plastic like Perspex if your don't it's a regular type of badge on the grill so there must be a reason why they are different.

I wont even bother to ask a Lexus dealer over here if I asked them a question like that they would dig a hole on the spot and berry themselves while shouting someone wants to modifi a Lexus

We English don't mod cars like you guys and to see a modded Lexus is like non existent apart from the first gen IS now that they are about $3k the boy racers are buying them and modding them up.

I have had Lexus since I was 19 and have always done bits cuz that's how I am I changed the steering wheel on my first third gen GS and the dealer had an orgasum.

This is why I go on this forum cuz you guys know how to do it
Old 12-19-11, 09:51 AM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I think the sender is behind the badge attached where the hood catch is over here if you have radar cruise your badge is like a clear flat plastic like Perspex if your don't it's a regular type of badge on the grill so there must be a reason why they are different.

:
Think of the sender as a single cigarrette box laying horizontally behind (and not attached to - also, picture how a regular radar detector is mounted) the mentioned plastic "L" emblem.

So if you have radar cruise, it's just a matter of whether radar can go through the mesh material being used on these grilles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you guy think of this grill