GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 04:34 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With all that darkness the yellow was needed to bring out the wheels. Would have been easier to buy lighter colored wheels but at least you got there. Now the car looks like you spent big bucks on it.
Old 01-19-12, 04:36 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

BBK looks fantastic, what a great addition to an already sharp car! Looking forward to the review.
Old 01-19-12, 06:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mesca
I like it Mike. Yellow's not very common but it certainly grows on ya the more you see it. Certainly love the sporty flair the GS so desperately needs imo, it's a very sleek looking car. Can ya grab any pics from the front side with some side showing? Would love to see the front end with the yellow fogs and yellow brake calipers! They're awesome
Thanks, I installed 3000k HIDs today so will take pics when I detail the car. I think I may need to add another Aerotect overlay though for a deeper yellow.

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
I like the color and would be interested in getting a set just wondering how the cost compares to other BBK.
Let me post so there is no confusion. I got them from L-tuned parts as Vroomin350 figured out. Here is the thread, I even posted in it. Luis took great care of me again. MSRP is listed in the thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...clearance.html

I have been in contact with Teng (great guy) from the company since the kit is listed on their site for the IS 250/350 but of course this is for a GS 450h. Well we all know the brakes are the same and CL members have installed BBKs on their 450hs with no issues. So logic said it would all work out but it was a "leap of faith" since this would be a "first" in multiple areas. So far everything has worked out great.

Here is their site as some CL members have figured out.

http://www.juntw.com/front/bin/home.phtml

Originally Posted by Ice350
With all that darkness the yellow was needed to bring out the wheels. Would have been easier to buy lighter colored wheels but at least you got there. Now the car looks like you spent big bucks on it.
Thanks, yeah it really pops. Its been pretty fun so far driving around people staring at the entire wheel/brake setup. I had a E60 5 series guy pacing me for a couple of miles and he gave the thumbs up.

Originally Posted by TripleL
BBK looks fantastic, what a great addition to an already sharp car! Looking forward to the review.
Thanks Larry for being happy for me. Review to come!
Old 01-19-12, 06:36 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Car looks great Mike! The brakes are str8 BALLER and keep up the great work.
Old 01-19-12, 09:59 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Dude those brakes look really great on your GSh. Keep up the great work Mike!
Old 01-19-12, 10:45 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Bawssy!! Very nice Mike! Looking forward to seeing those yellow hids too
Old 01-20-12, 09:21 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Good Job Mike! Yellow Fog Lights are old school Lexus and will compliment your new brakes well. I would have never chosen yellow just looking at the brakes on the page, but seeing them mounted on your car makes me reconsider. You sir have now taken your car to another level. Cudos to you.

Last edited by KayGee; 01-20-12 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-20-12, 12:26 PM
LexFather

Cool

Originally Posted by Tee
Car looks great Mike! The brakes are str8 BALLER and keep up the great work.
Thanks T!

Originally Posted by Trexus
Dude those brakes look really great on your GSh. Keep up the great work Mike!
Thanks Tracy!

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Bawssy!! Very nice Mike! Looking forward to seeing those yellow hids too
Thanks Chris!

Originally Posted by KayGee
Good Job Mike! Yellow Fog Lights are old school Lexus and will compliment your new brakes well. I would have never chosen yellow just looking at the brakes on the page, but seeing them mounted on your car makes me reconsider. You sir have now taken your car to another level. Cudos to you.
Yeah, I was worried too, I think they come offer better with the CV2s...you can still clearly see them but it's not as in your face as the CV3s. Thanks Keith!

Vossen CV2 Limited Edition Matte Graphite/Gloss Graphite lip..20x8.5 and 20x10.5

Huge thanks to the team at Discount Tire on the East-West connector..extremely friendly and knowledgable staff and got me taken care of quickly and correctly. Ask for Scott, John or Kendall and tell them Mike with the Lexus on Vossen's sent you! Thanks CJITTY for hooking it up!

Discount Tire
1025 East-West Connector, Austell, GA
(770) 434-0986 · discounttire.com

Full Photoshoot to come, these are from the phone.
Attached Thumbnails UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."-cv22.jpg   UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."-cv2.jpg  
Old 01-20-12, 03:40 PM
LexFather

Lightbulb Meh...was raining so snapped what I could....

Meh...was raining so snapped what I could....
Attached Thumbnails UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."-10.jpg  
Old 01-20-12, 08:12 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Thanks Chris!

Huge thanks to the team at Discount Tire on the East-West connector..extremely friendly and knowledgable staff and got me taken care of quickly and correctly. Ask for Scott, John or Kendall and tell them Mike with the Lexus on Vossen's sent you! Thanks CJITTY for hooking it up!

Discount Tire
1025 East-West Connector, Austell, GA
(770) 434-0986 · discounttire.com
Glad i could help you out man...the folks at Discount are great. Been dealing with the company for 20 years or so now, even as 16 year old in Colorado when I had 15" chrome hamma's on my 92 Hyundai Excel lmao! It was a big deal to be rollin on 50 series back then hahaha..now I have 22s with 30/25 series..dang we done come a long way since then haha

This color CV2 on the GS are really starting to grow on me after I keep looking at the pics..can't wait to check em in person!! Extreme head turn ratio fo sho!

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-20-12 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-20-12, 08:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Very Nice Mike... Lets just say that the BBK completed the look of the GS.. Thanks for taking the time for giving us step by step progress and links to all the parts. Appreciate that..

It would be nice to see another Group Buy for BBK's. Haven't seen one in awhile.
Old 02-17-12, 08:03 AM
LexFather

Cool

Thanks guys...I've noticed they don't like the cold or dirt and squeal sometimes if left dirty and not allowed to heat up. Next time will try for some pads that don't dust as much but luckily for now the wheels are matte graphite so they don't look too bad dirty.

People love the yellow. Gotten tons of compliments on them from car and non car people alike. Southern Fresh is going to cover the car soon! Here is a pic they took
Attached Thumbnails UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."-426653_10150664814961944_369346666943_11104729_546876494_n.jpg  
Old 02-18-12, 04:34 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not a fan of wheels that don't have a shiny or painted lip. The blacked-out effect cancels out what aftermarket wheels are made for...to enhance the car. Instead, the wheels becomes less visible.
That look maybe fine for some but to me it's illogical to spend thousands when painting stock wheels would produce similae results.

With that being said, the 5 spoke wheel looked nice, even blacked out...because it was so open. That openness reduced the faded out effect. That openness meant the brakes and siny rotors could compensate for the fade out effect.

Now you've gone to a fuller faced wheel with the fade out effect. There is less enhancement from the rotors and calipers. Plus, the matte finish looks dull and unpainted. This set-up does not enhanbce the car. At least not in these pics....not in my opinion.

All that to say this....looked better with the other wheels. I just wanted to explain so you don't think I'm a hater. You know I have mad respect for you and in the end, it only matters that you like it.
Old 02-18-12, 08:51 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Honestly? Those wheels look much better IMO.

But then again, I'm biased...

Old 02-18-12, 09:50 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good Mike

Quick Reply: UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."