GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

UPDATE: Jackhammer Noise Under Glove Box!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-14, 01:55 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Look on a bay for replacement. Go on every website that reviews dealers and put a review about that dealer. They will regret the day they screwed you.

Also try car-parts.com don't forget the dash or u will be at a different website
Old 12-15-14, 01:31 PM
tonysnow1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xbladex00
You sir are my savior!!!! i've been having this problem ever since i made this big OOPPSiE. I'm planning to probably just epoxy it and leave it so im no sure if that would be a good idea.... My first attempt was a no go because I had no idea how to get in there in the first place except looking at an 2IS DIY. So question is... is there a 3GS DIY??
Yeah I have had trouble fully getting the glove box off myself. would love a 3GS DIY
Old 12-15-14, 04:38 PM
tonysnow1
Driver School Candidate

luckily my pieces were not broken......

It had just slipped out of the groove joint in which it slides.......I popped it back in......works like nothing ever happened.
Old 01-25-15, 09:07 AM
opelmanz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default missing small plastic piece

You might be able to print the small piece. I could help with 3D design if you are willing to find a local free or at cost 3D printing option. UPS stores in select regions have 3D printers or try a local library.

Best of luck, my car makes the same darn noise. Reminds me frequently of my luxurious ride. Need to take it apart. Why not today?
Old 01-26-15, 10:19 PM
monkeyRX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't there a repair kid for like $35 bux available at Sewell now?
Old 01-28-15, 11:01 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah I have had trouble fully getting the glove box off myself. would love a 3GS DIY
Yea i still havent done it yet cause of the weather... hopefully during spring i can epoxy this...
Old 01-28-15, 11:58 PM
Robertcave
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

There is a repair kit here in the uk £22 my local lexus dealer fitted it in less than an hour
It consists of a long plastic rod a peice of foam and the infamous Lever
Old 01-29-15, 01:31 AM
monkeyRX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robertcave
There is a repair kit here in the uk £22 my local lexus dealer fitted it in less than an hour
It consists of a long plastic rod a peice of foam and the infamous Lever
Would you happen to have a link to a part number? Hoping its the same here in the States.
Old 01-30-15, 12:27 AM
Robertcave
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi All
Hope i can help
The Part Number for the Repair Damper ASSY is L87020-30010 cost £22.18
To Fitting Heater Box Damper cover Assy was £72.50 im well pleased with job
Not sure if yu might Have different Part Num but Dealership said was the first one they have fitted in less than an hour from start to finish

robert
This was my reply to someone else on your Forum
Hope it helps mine as been fine since it was done
Old 02-01-15, 08:42 PM
monkeyRX
Rookie

Hi All
Hope i can help
Not sure if yu might Have different Part Num but Dealership said was the first one they have fitted in less than an hour from start to finish

robert
Thank you - hoping to get this fixed on my 3GS.
Old 09-03-15, 08:49 PM
pius222
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default clicking sound behind passenger ac vent

Originally Posted by tonysnow1
luckily my pieces were not broken......

It had just slipped out of the groove joint in which it slides.......I popped it back in......works like nothing ever happened.

Tonysnow1, I had this clicking noise behind the passenger ac vent. Took to Longo Lexus, they told me "Fresh air/recirculation door is sticking. Recommend to remove servo motor adust fit of door" The servo motor is not broken, just need to take apart the dash, so going to cost me $700. I declined. I am interested in fix this myself, saw your post thinking might have similar issue, can you please let me know what step you took? Did you remove the glove box to get to the part? I searched on how to remove glove box to no avail. Is it easy to do? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-15, 01:15 PM
tonysnow1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pius222
Tonysnow1, I had this clicking noise behind the passenger ac vent. Took to Longo Lexus, they told me "Fresh air/recirculation door is sticking. Recommend to remove servo motor adust fit of door" The servo motor is not broken, just need to take apart the dash, so going to cost me $700. I declined. I am interested in fix this myself, saw your post thinking might have similar issue, can you please let me know what step you took? Did you remove the glove box to get to the part? I searched on how to remove glove box to no avail. Is it easy to do? Thanks in advance.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...tion-guide.pdf
Old 11-08-15, 12:16 PM
Megalexus
Driver School Candidate

I tried to fix my jackhammering vent yesterday. wanted to add these pictures for anyone else who might want to try.
Attached Thumbnails UPDATE: Jackhammer Noise Under Glove Box!-gs430-glovebox-removal.jpg   UPDATE: Jackhammer Noise Under Glove Box!-gs-430-350-vent-repair.jpg  
Old 11-08-15, 03:48 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Megalexus
I tried to fix my jackhammering vent yesterday. wanted to add these pictures for anyone else who might want to try.
Nice did you get to fix door?
Old 09-09-19, 12:44 PM
jburning17
Driver School Candidate

I had the local quick oil change shop break something on the cabin recirculation door. It just flops around now. At least the oil change shop admits fault.

I contacted the Lexus dealer and they quote me $985 for the part and $1000 for the labor. I told them that I would be embarrassed to quote that if it were me. The guy just said, "yeah..." He also said that he had never heard of the repair part below. Maybe the part number is different in the US vs. UK? Anyway, I know that it is the oil change shop's fault, but I can't bring myself to let Lexus gouge like that...

MonkeyRX also said "Isn't there a repair kid for like $35 bux available at Sewell now?"
I figure that he means https://www.sewell.com/, but I can't find any info on the repair kit their either.

Anybody know what the part number is for the Lexus repair kit, or have more information on how to find it on the Sewell website?

Thanks all,
Jon

Hi All
Hope i can help

robert

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Jackhammer Noise Under Glove Box!