GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

22's off @ 20's on!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-11, 03:27 PM
freshmoney
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first set of 22's not doing it your, right on the change.... But i think the 2nd set of rims in 22's would of killed it... wasn't the 22's it was the rims
Old 09-15-11, 04:35 PM
Phureallin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

22 looks ghetto
Old 09-15-11, 04:41 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree it wan't the size it was the choice of wheels, those belong on a suv, those multi spoke 22's would have been better, or even a lipless 22.... either way it looks better.
Old 09-15-11, 08:36 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
These people are lying to you. Go back to the 22s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20s aren't bad, but there's no way in He_ _ that 20s look better than 22s. That's ridiculous.
Noone is lying many people on this site see wheels for more than just a big wheel and face design, they look for fitment and stance neither were executed well with the 22s the fitment was weak and the car was about 5 inches of the ground, not to mention that cheesy cheap chrome plated one piece wheel is hidieous. And trust me bro I ve been down this path I had 2 sets of 22s on my GS a cheesy set like these and $7600 set of cheesy Asantis and the car s.h.y.t.s on most with 20s and 19s for that matter but thats cause I invested more than just big wheels into my whip. Maybe you should go back to cardomain hommie

Originally Posted by Lextrician
I agree it wan't the size it was the choice of wheels, those belong on a suv, those multi spoke 22's would have been better, or even a lipless 22.... either way it looks better.
I have to disagree bro, 22s don t look good on this car without alot of work and not without losing function over form, and cutting the hell out of the car. Then even when you get the wheel gap right and fitment flush and slammed to the point that its almost undriveable even with a bodykit the car will still be high off the ground. Also tire sizes are limited in a 22 and when you find the right size its a cheap *** tire. 20s are the s.h.y.t. FTW I ve had 5 sets of wheels on this biatch!
Old 09-16-11, 04:31 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
These people are lying to you. Go back to the 22s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20s aren't bad, but there's no way in He_ _ that 20s look better than 22s. That's ridiculous.
22''s look better than 20's on several cars but the GS isn't one of those cars.
The ghetto looking 22's that were on this car wouldn't look good on any car.
Fitment is the key....followed closely by wheel quality and design.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-16-11 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-16-11, 05:56 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

OSU, if giving honest opinions when asked is lying! Then why even bother posting here?
Old 09-16-11, 07:27 AM
Harlemboi
Driver

I love all u guys (pause) but I have to disagree ... If u have two 3GS same color, same rims and everything(stock) but one has 20s and the other has 22s(same rims), do y'all really think the 20s are gonna look better? Hell no!!! I mean, everybody has their own opinion, I think the biggest rims that u could put on ur car without fabrication looks the best.. That's just me, so u need to put those 22s back on cuz it does not look better by far!!
Old 09-16-11, 07:32 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Harlemboi
I love all u guys (pause) but I have to disagree ... If u have two 3GS same color, same rims and everything(stock) but one has 20s and the other has 22s(same rims), do y'all really think the 20s are gonna look better? Hell no!!! I mean, everybody has their own opinion, I think the biggest rims that u could put on ur car without fabrication looks the best.. That's just me, so u need to put those 22s back on cuz it does not look better by far!!
of course because 20s on stock ride height look terrible compared to a 22 which fills the well more. lower both cars and see which looks better. 20s > 22s
Old 09-16-11, 07:45 AM
fluffybear
Driver School Candidate

just fix the drop on the 20's and you will be fine
Old 09-16-11, 09:15 AM
little2576
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone explain to me what the term "ghetto" means. Ive seen a few folks use that term
Old 09-16-11, 02:34 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by freshmoney
The first set of 22's not doing it your, right on the change.... But i think the 2nd set of rims in 22's would of killed it... wasn't the 22's it was the rims
+1, it just wasn't the right choice of rims.
Old 09-16-11, 02:39 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Noone is lying many people on this site see wheels for more than just a big wheel and face design, they look for fitment and stance neither were executed well with the 22s the fitment was weak and the car was about 5 inches of the ground, not to mention that cheesy cheap chrome plated one piece wheel is hidieous. And trust me bro I ve been down this path I had 2 sets of 22s on my GS a cheesy set like these and $7600 set of cheesy Asantis and the car s.h.y.t.s on most with 20s and 19s for that matter but thats cause I invested more than just big wheels into my whip. Maybe you should go back to cardomain hommie

I have to disagree bro, 22s don t look good on this car without alot of work and not without losing function over form, and cutting the hell out of the car. Then even when you get the wheel gap right and fitment flush and slammed to the point that its almost undriveable even with a bodykit the car will still be high off the ground. Also tire sizes are limited in a 22 and when you find the right size its a cheap *** tire. 20s are the s.h.y.t. FTW I ve had 5 sets of wheels on this biatch!
Okay homeboy, I've been down that path too and I agree, the fitment and stance has to be right. Do it right or go home! 22s are perfect if done right. You should do it right as well. 20s are small and you end up lowering the car a couple of inches to achieve the same effect. I guess I see it like this, 20s belong on a smaller car like the IS.

Oh yeah, I'm not the cardomain dude homie and we both are in Md. You never know, I might see you some day, then we can talk about cardomain
Old 09-16-11, 02:41 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ice350
22''s look better than 20's on several cars but the GS isn't one of those cars.
The ghetto looking 22's that were on this car wouldn't look good on any car.
Fitment is the key....followed closely by wheel quality and design.
Watch your mouth when you use the word ghetto. Seems a bit racists and I'm sure you're not that?
Old 09-16-11, 02:47 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by designo
OSU, if giving honest opinions when asked is lying! Then why even bother posting here?
Because I'm giving the other side of the coin, that's all. Don't take my comments so seriously. If you all can say things such as it looks ghetto, too big, why can't I do the opposite? Honestly, there's nothing wrong with 20s if done right. What gets me is that most of you quote that 22s are too big, kills performance and all this other crap, but most of you don't use the performance while going to your plush corporate jobs. Lol! That's what I don't get. You spend all this time worrying about the performance aspect when most of the the mods you are doing only effects the car minimally. Look, I see threads on here about what tire someone should buy when it's for the factory rim, really? What a waste of time. Where are the real enthusiast? To me, unless you're racing for a living, lighten up on being so strict with your so called performance mods when most of you aren't really using it like that.
Old 09-16-11, 02:47 PM
Mofoe
Driver

22"s look good and filled wheel well nicely. the 20"s also look good but tires look maybe a little small and maybe even stretched which with the gap doesn't look the best. had to 100% tell from the picks, but that's just my .02 from the way the pics look to me. nice looking car either way

Quick Reply: 22's off @ 20's on!!