GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Got pulled over yesterday!

Old 07-10-11, 04:36 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MelYW
Ridiculous...here in the states, I have NEVER seen a Harley Davidson motorcycle pulled over...and most of these are clear violations of noise limitations.

I know a dedicated rider that sold his bike because he was losing his hearing from the noise!
probably scared of Harley riders, and take your average Lexus driver for a pushover.
Old 07-15-11, 03:07 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have these politicians making all kinds of new legislation for things they dont like or deemed offensive, ive read in cincinnati they towing peoples cars for having big rims, and in LA they have a curb height requirement to target the low riders, its just out right harassment, this is supposed to be land of the free, but it seems its the land of the free for politicians to make up rules when ever they feel like
Old 07-16-11, 07:55 PM
Ashdaddy
Driver

Im from Highland Park, IL and there was a serious lawsuit against the HPPD for racial profiling. They have a sergeant on tape instructing patrolmen to pull people over if they are wearing a large hat because they chances are they are Mexican and don't have insurance. They would park on the side of the highway and shine their spotlights into traffic to see into cars at night to determine if the driver was white.

There are a bunch of laws that police can use to claim that they had a reason to pull people over... It is BS
Old 07-19-11, 09:49 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Guys

Is there anything I can install that can quieten down the exhaust as and when needed? A valve or something of that nature. Something I can install and remove when needed.
Old 07-19-11, 01:30 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Harley Davidson is nearly 100% efficient in converting gasoline into noise. A few percent squeak by to propel the thing.

Originally Posted by designo
Guys
Is there anything I can install that can quieten down the exhaust as and when needed? A valve or something of that nature. Something I can install and remove when needed.
My motorcycle exhaust had baffle accessories, which act as silencers that install inside the tip. Maybe whoever makes your car exhaust provides something similar at a cost.
Old 07-19-11, 07:18 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wait. that sounds like entrapment.
Old 07-19-11, 09:29 PM
lexspeed89
Driver School Candidate

I wish the engine made a louder noise..the v8 needs to show whats good
Old 07-20-11, 08:55 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Ha...yeah you should hear my harley....it's rediculous..but for safety reasons, I believe loud pipes save lifes when it comes to motorcycles...so I do not plan on quieting it up anytime soon......I can't believe with a GS they are messing with you, it can't be that loud??? My Tbird SC is a supercharged 6 cylinder....shorty headers, no cats anymore, full true duals...and its kinda loud, sounds like an airplane, but can't picture cops messing with me for that.....there is so much garbage on the road that is more annoying than to mess with you I am sure...........
Old 07-20-11, 12:50 PM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SLVRGS
I can't believe with a GS they are messing with you, it can't be that loud???
I don't know, you tell me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZeehThUuE
Old 07-20-11, 01:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

if that's loud, i don't know how to describe a lot of other cars i encounter
Old 07-20-11, 01:14 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol I got pulled over for my straight pipes on the GS I had b4 I sold it. The officer was telling me bs about how straight pipes are illegal in Florida.
Old 07-20-11, 06:44 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is what we here call a HATER! you have a nice ride with a few extra dollars to throw some nice pipes on your car and that cop prolly has to pay for a piece of a$$!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-11, 06:54 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
can that even be a plausible excuse to pull one over? isn't that racial profiling?
Originally Posted by gsexy300
That's racial profiling, and they even admitted it. Bad news.
How old was the individual at the time? Could it have been racial profiling, sure, could it have been a cop seeing a 'younger' looking guy driving a new car, and that seemed sketch? Sure.
Old 07-20-11, 09:57 PM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
That is what we here call a HATER! you have a nice ride with a few extra dollars to throw some nice pipes on your car and that cop prolly has to pay for a piece of a$$!!!!!!!
That's exactly what my wife said!

She was shocked that I got pulled over just cause the cop saw shiny tips on a Lexus GS. It's not every day you see a Lexus GS here with big a$$ tips.

Last night, I was flooring the ***** outta the M5 all over the place, even decided to test a cop out at the lights by giving it more throttle than usual... no reaction whatsoever!
Old 07-20-11, 10:03 PM
krava
Lead Lap

is this in the states? bahrain sounds like middle east?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got pulled over yesterday!