GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

"The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 12:57 PM
BGG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always loved your ride. Would you say it's worth it to wrap a vehicle or just maintain the regular paint? A vip build would end that car on a great note
Old 06-24-13, 05:19 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh damn I wonder whats next.
Old 06-24-13, 08:18 PM
LexToy3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have definitely enjoyed the car and am looking forward to whats next... keep up the great work.
Old 07-01-13, 12:22 PM
bfor3
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As have I!!! How many miles you got there mike?
Old 07-01-13, 07:36 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Seems like they did a great job on the wrap....what did that cost?
Old 07-09-13, 02:02 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bfor3
Hey Mike, the octane shot looks killer. How do you clean something like that? Does it stay clean and just wash it like a normal car? Waxing?

I saw this exact color combo on another gs somewhere and I remembered your car
With Matte its tough. If anything gets in the paint, forget about it. For example I ran over a purple can of paint in the video and well its in the matte forever You can see it below

The car was garaged and not driven too much so it was good. Cleaning you are told not to use anything but soap and water.

Originally Posted by BGG
I've always loved your ride. Would you say it's worth it to wrap a vehicle or just maintain the regular paint? A vip build would end that car on a great note
Thank you. I'm unsure, I think if you go matte, paint might be better and more durable but its pricier. Otherwise I think wrap has a lot of advantages. We just took the mint blue off the Vossen 2013 GS and after a day of detailing it looks like new, nothing left from the wrap. Wrap also lets you change colors or change trim etc.

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Oh damn I wonder whats next.
About to see

Originally Posted by LexToy3
I have definitely enjoyed the car and am looking forward to whats next... keep up the great work.
Thank you kindly!

Originally Posted by bfor3
As have I!!! How many miles you got there mike?
No ****, 128k on a hybrid

Originally Posted by MX5
Seems like they did a great job on the wrap....what did that cost?
They did. My cost was different but for this extensive job likely around 3k. Again they took off the body panels and wrapped around the car. Most places do the short cut method and just place the sheet over the car and cut. No thanks.

Old 07-09-13, 02:04 PM
LexFather

So a lot of people have questions on this setup with 20x10.5 up front and honestly no one knows how it was done. Well tomorrow I aim to find out

We will try a 20x10.5 up front and a 20x10 up front to see what happens. I think I want dual concave My fenders are shaved and I have smaller tires up front just in case. Likely going with CV3 since CV3 has a 20x10 offering unless we find the 20x10.5 is fine. Shout out to Diego for helping, he's the one that figured out 20x10.5 fit fine on the G37 coupes, he was the first.

20x9 and 20x10.5

20x5 "dual concave"

Old 07-09-13, 03:28 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

think 20x10 all around will be the better fit..
Old 08-22-13, 01:57 PM
LexFather

I've decided to part the car out and will sell it likely in the near future. It was a tough decision to come to, literally months and months of analyzing and I concluded its time to focus on new projects. Thanks everyone for the support.

I got a really unexpected email yesterday and I feel good about the newbies carrying the 3GS mantle.

Old 08-22-13, 02:16 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

That's disappointing, but I suppose it had to happen at some point. It has been a real treat watching from the sidelines as your car has evolved.

What was your take on the BBK kit? Did it interface well with the hybrid system? Any drawbacks?

Best wishes with your future pursuits!
Old 08-27-13, 02:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lucasb7
That's disappointing, but I suppose it had to happen at some point. It has been a real treat watching from the sidelines as your car has evolved.

What was your take on the BBK kit? Did it interface well with the hybrid system? Any drawbacks?

Thanks lucas, the car has been a treat. The BBK was incredible, never had one issue with it and the hybrid system and the system and it felt better than stock which sometimes had an odd artificial feel. I call them anchors, they really stop the car when needed.

Old 08-27-13, 03:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lucasb7

yes it was neat watching the transformation of this car. everything flowed well and the BBK looked great. I must have watched the Vossen video a dozen times with the CV3's at that time .

that GS will be missed

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-30-13, 11:47 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sad to see you parting out the car man
Old 10-25-13, 10:47 AM
LexFather

So the car literally has been just sitting…and I've posted some of the parts for sale…no real biters…so now I'm thinking keep it and do something else to it or just try to sell the entire car?

I need to make a decision…..

The wrap was pretty dirty. No fault of the wrap, matte white is the hardest to keep clean and well it got stained up quite a bit. Danielle@Vossen recently surprised me and took the wrap off with some friends and a detailing company. Here are some phone pics…..

The wrap came off with no issues and left no residue. This was an Avery wrap FYI. Very happy with the results and now back to black….Everyone seems to prefer this look better.
Attached Thumbnails "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-1-6-.jpg   "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-3-3-.jpg   "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-5-5-.jpg   "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-4-3-.jpg   "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-2-7-.jpg  

Old 10-25-13, 10:52 AM
LexFather

I have no bloody idea why those pics are sideways….
Attached Thumbnails "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-1-6-copy.jpg   "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-4-3-copy.jpg   "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-photo-5-5-copy.jpg  

Quick Reply: "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..