GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Blue L" Hood Emblem for GS 460

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-11, 12:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jenzo1
you just dont get it. im not knocking off anything! my car is and always will be a GS 460... a knockoff by definition is a cheap clone thats sole purpose is to make others think it is real. i am not doing that. i am rocking a blue L emblem on a comparably equipped near exact cost lexus that is still badged properly. nobody in the world except for a few of us geeks might know that blue is for hybrids.
I'm actually not talking about your mod anymore (said my 2 cents), just people/modding in general. Again if you like it that is what counts and to your credit you did a great job making it fit.
Old 04-16-11, 01:05 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Yang1815
How many people outside of Mercedes community knows about AMG? Probably "nobody" either.
That is some of the funniest **** I have read in a LONG LOOONG time....
Old 04-16-11, 01:06 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Yang probably thinks that nobody outside the Ford community knows about Cobras and nobody outside the Corvette community knows about Z06's and nobody outside the BMW community knows about the M cars.... This is too funny now!
Old 04-16-11, 01:47 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

My emblems not blue...I kinda want the blue now.

I did see a blue emblem on a IS350 once.
Old 04-16-11, 03:06 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

The replacement is no biggie,nothing to cry over..tomatoe/tomato, if he put the F or h on his car then that would be ridiculous LOL. But it looks ok I guess, maybe it fits more on black cars or white.
Old 04-16-11, 05:12 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
My emblems not blue...I kinda want the blue now.
they are not cheap; i think 1sicklex got a quote and it was some ridiculous price? you should ask him about it.
Old 04-16-11, 06:15 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
they are not cheap; i think 1sicklex got a quote and it was some ridiculous price? you should ask him about it.
yeah I got a quote for $1001 for the front and $250 for the rear so decided not to proceed through with it, and the 07 would need a new grill as I was told another couple thousand.
Old 04-16-11, 06:49 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jenzo1
seriously? AMG is very known to people... it is also a MASSIVE upgrade by a simply changing a badge and a looking like a moron. its like wearing a fake rolex. i didnt change the model of my car just a L. still says gs 460. 460 has same amount of horsepower, same cost ( roughly ) same suspension, brakes etc. AMG has what 200+ HP, 10K in wheels/brakes, different suspension. its a race version of the car. and by rebadging you are trying to fool someone by its nature.

anyone who does that is trying to get over on the public by perpetrating ownership of something they couldnt afford. a 20K upgrade by a change of a trunk badge.i could care less if i have a hybrid, or a 460. in fact i would rather have the 460, as im sure the repair costs are much lower down the road. either way, the its something its not argument is moot here. i seriously am not trying to be something im not. the "intent" is where i think i place the argument, i dont intend on fooling anyone. i liked the blue logo, random people have actually commented on how much they like it. so it stands out and to me it looks very nice ( IMO ) so i really guess thats all that matters...
That's why I quoted the "nobody." You think "nobody" knows about the hybrid Lexus.

That's the exact same argument from people who put AMG/M/V/STi emblems on a non-AMG/M/V/STi car. Just because it doesn't say "Hybrid" doesn't mean it's not exclusive to the hybrid.

Honestly, when I see a blue L emblem on the front of an LS or a GS, the first thing that comes to mind is "cool, a hybrid!"

Imagine someone thinking that and wanting to check out your car, then walks around and finds out that it's not what it suggests it to be.

Bottom line is, it's your car, your money, your emblem. As long as you're happy, whatever. But whenever you start a topic on a public internet forum, expect both positive and negative comments.

Last edited by Yang1815; 04-16-11 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-16-11, 06:52 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Yang probably thinks that nobody outside the Ford community knows about Cobras and nobody outside the Corvette community knows about Z06's and nobody outside the BMW community knows about the M cars.... This is too funny now!
You need to go back and re-read the thread. The OP states that nobody knows about the blue L emblem outside of the Lexus community so I quoted him and put the "nobody" in quotations since I was being sarcastic. You should probably make sure you understand what's being said before posting a reply.

Last edited by Yang1815; 04-16-11 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-16-11, 07:07 PM
jenzo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats for the pre-crash system emblem dood! the non PCS emblem is 135.00 from sewell the rear is 120.00. the grill is only couple of hundred if i remember correctly. you could always get out the sander hehe.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...450h-2011.html

when you login as a club lexus user it gets down to 135.00

if it was a g i woulda never busted out a sander!!!! rofl.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
yeah I got a quote for $1001 for the front and $250 for the rear so decided not to proceed through with it, and the 07 would need a new grill as I was told another couple thousand.

Last edited by jenzo1; 04-16-11 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-16-11, 07:16 PM
jenzo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey yang why go to threads and spread useless sarcasm that nobody gets and negativity? i was happy my hard work paid off and shared it with a community i am a new member of then i have you come here and **** on my post.

there is no way your comparison of a AMG stands up to logic. putting AMG on a car that isnt an AMG is flat out lying. my car is a 460 it says 460. a fake amg says amg and is only a 500sl. i could even understand putting 460 on a 350 is wack... by doing that you are lying. it looks the same so lay people would not know the difference. very much like a fake rolex watch. im not pretending my car costs 30k more than it does! or even that it gets 4 more MPG!!!

get it through your thick skull man jeez...

Originally Posted by Yang1815
That's why I quoted the "nobody." You think "nobody" knows about the hybrid Lexus.

That's the exact same argument from people who put AMG/M/V/STi emblems on a non-AMG/M/V/STi car. Just because it doesn't say "Hybrid" doesn't mean it's not exclusive to the hybrid.

Honestly, when I see a blue L emblem on the front of an LS or a GS, the first thing that comes to mind is "cool, a hybrid!"

Imagine someone thinking that and wanting to check out your car, then walks around and finds out that it's not what it suggests it to be.

Bottom line is, it's your car, your money, your emblem. As long as you're happy, whatever. But whenever you start a topic on a public internet forum, expect both positive and negative comments.

Last edited by jenzo1; 04-16-11 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-16-11, 08:39 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

everyone chill out !
Old 04-16-11, 08:46 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

^^^ Agreed^^^

Now...What the hell is a pre-crash option. And really, the grill is far off the radar as far as things I want to do to this car.
Old 04-16-11, 09:06 PM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by neurocity
^^^ Agreed^^^

Now...What the hell is a pre-crash option. And really, the grill is far off the radar as far as things I want to do to this car.
There are different emblems.

-There is the regular chrome emblems on the GS 350/460 today. They look like any chrome emblem on any other Lexus.

-The GS's with the optional radar cruise/pre collision have a larger emblem on the grille and its encased in a plastic piece. In other words its not chrome, the Lexus emblem is plastic and its one giant oval piece. This is just for the front emblem. Since its part of the radar system it costs a ridiculous amount of money. THERE IS NO BLUE in this emblem

-The 450h and all Lexus hybrids today use blue emblems to differentiate themselves from the regular Lexus models. The front AND rear emblems are a black oval with the Lexus emblem with the blue trim. Its one whole encased piece. Only Lexus hybrids have these blue emblems.

Pics below

Regular

Radar Cruise in emblem

450h (hybrid blue emblem)

And this is the history lesson of the day
Old 04-16-11, 09:07 PM
LexFather

Some of you may have seen a Mercedes with this plastic shield on the front grill. That is their version of radar cruise...

Quick Reply: Blue L" Hood Emblem for GS 460