GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

new system in the works!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-11, 05:41 PM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
how much was the install just asking.
4 grand with parts
Old 03-21-11, 05:44 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn thats a lot how much in labor 2500?
Old 03-21-11, 06:48 PM
AudioBob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the way that it looks, nice and clean with a good fit and finish. You also still appear to have a usable trunk. Are you having trouble getting bass into the cabin area??? The entire area between the rear seat and the trunk is metal so I see that as a major obstacle. I like the idea of trying to vent the bass into the cabin through the stock opening in the rear deck.

I just started working on upgrading my stock system, but I have yet to install any components. I have purchased the speakers and amplifiers, but they are sitting in their boxes at this point. I am going to run a single 10" woofer in a sealed box firing through the ski-pass. Hopefully I am going to be able to keep this system simple and under 1,000 watts rms. I tend to get carried away with audio systems and I think at one point I had about $10,000 worth of gear installed in a show car as well as over $10,000 in the engine. What can I say, I love cars!!!

At this point the only thing that I have accomplished is to install Dynamat Extreme on all four doors/panels, dash speaker locations, rear deck and trunk. I will tell you that I think that installing the Dynamat is the one thing that every owner can benefit from. It made the stock system sound pretty decent as it tightened up everything nicely and removed much of the boom from the 10" woofer in the rear deck. It also made an already quiet car noticeably quieter to the point where my wife wants me to install Dynamat in her new VW. This is coming from a woman who despises the fact that I am willing to rip a perfectly good car apart for what reason???

I am going to see how simple that I can keep by using the existing electronics/processing and integrating speakers and amplifiers. However, I am not against investing in a JBL MS-8 if I can't get it to sound how I want. I have access to an RTA and other nice tuning equipment so I am interested to see how nice I can make it sound on mostly stock electronics.
Old 03-21-11, 09:27 PM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
damn thats a lot how much in labor 2500?
i didnt just do the trunk. all the components are done 6.5s, tweeters, amps, subs, audiocontrollers... the hole nine... dynamated the doors, rear deck, trunk side panel... and labor is not cheap if you want nice work.
Old 03-21-11, 09:39 PM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AudioBob
I like the way that it looks, nice and clean with a good fit and finish. You also still appear to have a usable trunk. Are you having trouble getting bass into the cabin area??? The entire area between the rear seat and the trunk is metal so I see that as a major obstacle. I like the idea of trying to vent the bass into the cabin through the stock opening in the rear deck.

I just started working on upgrading my stock system, but I have yet to install any components. I have purchased the speakers and amplifiers, but they are sitting in their boxes at this point. I am going to run a single 10" woofer in a sealed box firing through the ski-pass. Hopefully I am going to be able to keep this system simple and under 1,000 watts rms. I tend to get carried away with audio systems and I think at one point I had about $10,000 worth of gear installed in a show car as well as over $10,000 in the engine. What can I say, I love cars!!!

At this point the only thing that I have accomplished is to install Dynamat Extreme on all four doors/panels, dash speaker locations, rear deck and trunk. I will tell you that I think that installing the Dynamat is the one thing that every owner can benefit from. It made the stock system sound pretty decent as it tightened up everything nicely and removed much of the boom from the 10" woofer in the rear deck. It also made an already quiet car noticeably quieter to the point where my wife wants me to install Dynamat in her new VW. This is coming from a woman who despises the fact that I am willing to rip a perfectly good car apart for what reason???

I am going to see how simple that I can keep by using the existing electronics/processing and integrating speakers and amplifiers. However, I am not against investing in a JBL MS-8 if I can't get it to sound how I want. I have access to an RTA and other nice tuning equipment so I am interested to see how nice I can make it sound on mostly stock electronics.
im right there with ya bro... cars can be an exspensive hobby.. everytime i buy a new car i tell myself dont do anything ... keep it stock.. that only last so long.

the bass is porting thru the stock 10 hole... it is plenty bass for me... still a lil rattling outside but im working on that this week... there are some pretty tight areas where dynamated refusing to go.... i tried keep the stock comps. but amp was to much for them (non ML)... so HERTZ was the choice and a audiocontroller to fine tune the sound... very crisp.
Old 03-22-11, 03:20 AM
AudioBob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What model Hertz did you get??? I had a set of Hertz Space 8 components in my last car and they were really nice. The tweeter was possibly the best small format that I have ever heard. They were not cheap, but they were well balanced, especially for a 2-way with an 8" woofer. I ran several subs including a JL 12w6v2 in a small sealed box on a JL 500/1. My favorite sub of all time was my OZ audio Matrix Elite 15.

Nothing worse than a rattling trunk!!! I am sure that if you work look at it close you will be able to eliminate 99% of the rattles. Two 12" woofers on what looks to be a 1000/1 will move quite a bit of air.

Good Luck!!!