GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vulcan lights in head lights or DRL

Old 01-08-11, 04:53 PM
mmnbi2006
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check these out.....

these are the closet you going to get to JDM. PM me and let me know wut you think???????
Attached Thumbnails Vulcan lights in head lights or DRL-12-07-10-3gs-halo-pix-044.jpg   Vulcan lights in head lights or DRL-12-07-10-3gs-halo-pix-052.jpg   Vulcan lights in head lights or DRL-12-07-10-3gs-halo-pix-049.jpg  

Last edited by mmnbi2006; 01-08-11 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-08-11, 09:36 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why u call them vulcan? Those are Q45 projectors, they come with HID's.

Last edited by GS350Lexus; 01-08-11 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-08-11, 11:07 PM
beez43
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ill post up pics once my vulcans are in... I know ill get flamed by all the conservatives here but just for you my friend.. btw, its a diy project for me..
Old 01-09-11, 04:49 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mmnbi2006
these are the closet you going to get to JDM. PM me and let me know wut you think???????
Personally it doesn't look that bad, I'm not the one to go taking apart my headlight but it does look nice +1
Old 01-09-11, 09:49 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
I don't think it matter what's the light source, it replace or place in front of the light source to give that look. But mostly it cripple the light. It's dis-function. Might look better with +8000K HID color.
Old 01-09-11, 10:53 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by worker
idk why ppl so desperately want to change the OEM DRL/HIGHBEAM. I think and know and use OEM highbeams are awesome. It project the light strait out without cutoff or anything and a lot of light too. But most of all the light is instant, and this is the main reason HID is not good as Highbeam.

If you really want to stand out so bad than install this and I am 100% sure you will turn heads... even a blind guy will turn to look at your awesome car. http://deezcarlashes.com/
1st i dont appreciate ur sarcasm. If you ever seen my car it's pure class..if u saw one of my last statements i said "most importantly would the vulcans look classy." The vulcan projectors look sick alone...as for it matching the 3gs, I dont know until i see it because i never seen it on one. Then would i make my decision if it would be worthy going on my car. Ive only seen them on this VIP Q45 at this CANIBEAT event.

2nd i said i always wanted to put projectors there because i was inspired by all the VIP 3gs gs' in the cars from japan in the sticky thread. If you check out that thread you will understand why.. There are a lot of beautiful 3gs' posted there.

3rd for the record i love my oem drls, that is why i never changed anything there..only diff fogs, look at my signature..straight classy mods!! i refuse to put any HID with any blue in it! like all those cheap o mods/lookin cars in NYC

Last edited by Lex Luga; 01-09-11 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-09-11, 10:56 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by beez43
ill post up pics once my vulcans are in... I know ill get flamed by all the conservatives here but just for you my friend.. btw, its a diy project for me..
Well i would be very grateful to see how this comes out. As far as I know no one has it here...well atleast on gs 3gs bc i dont follow the other models. Let me know the difference in visibility compared to oem.

I would like to learn a DIY for installing projectors in the drl housing, just in case for the future.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 01-09-11 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-09-11, 11:01 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus

that stock on the Q45? I saw those lights on a VIP Q45 at this canibeat event in jersey in the Fall and thought they were aftermarket.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 01-09-11 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-09-11, 11:43 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
1st i dont appreciate ur sarcasm. If you ever seen my car it's pure class..if u saw one of my last statements i said "most importantly would the vulcans look classy." The vulcan projectors look sick alone...as for it matching the 3gs, I dont know until i see it because i never seen it on one. Then would i make my decision if it would be worthy going on my car. Ive only seen them on this VIP Q45 at this CANIBEAT event.
haha, since you are so proud of your "class" why not post some pictures and a link in your signature? I'm serious. And another route is to photochop the pic. I'm sure someone on here can do it for you.

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
3rd for the record i love my oem drls, that is why i never changed anything there..only diff fogs, look at my signature..straight classy mods!! i refuse to put any HID with any blue in it! like all those cheap o mods/lookin cars in NYC
Those "cheap o mods" is "classy" to their owner.

And you did say "if the mini vulcans can be in the drl housing n used as the drls/high beams."

I make that statement because I've heard so many people changing their DRL/Highbeam to LED.
Old 01-09-11, 12:21 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by worker
haha, since you are so proud of your "class" why not post some pictures and a link in your signature? I'm serious. And another route is to photochop the pic. I'm sure someone on here can do it for you.

Those "cheap o mods" is "classy" to their owner.

And you did say "if the mini vulcans can be in the drl housing n used as the drls/high beams."

I make that statement because I've heard so many people changing their DRL/Highbeam to LED.
I think you are just misunderstanding me. and yes i did ask all this bc i never seen it done on CL and i wonder how they would look. It all looks alright in my head but i need visual confirmation that it looks good on an actual car, not photoshop. Plus i dont know how to use photoshop. I do have pix and i'm proud of my car.

PS i do have the right to fantasize about new mods on my car. I was bored at work on saturday posting on this forum LOL, I think it is alright to start a new topic and talk about it and then decide if its cool or not..that is why i created this topic, my mind is changing all the time. I also can ask questions about how to do something and not do it. I do it all the time on this forum. I only pull triggers once i'm completely sure it is the right way to go...my next mod is changing the front brakes to the GS350 brakes since these gs300 brakes are tiny.

let me know what you think. ATM im back on stock wheels, bc i dont want the salt and monster NY potholes to ruin my wheels, but once the nice weather comes back ill be back on the Vossens. Go to the middle of the page. I explain what pix are what. stock, dropped, then dropped w/ wheels

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...nf-tanabe.html

PSS Ill only have LED on my car if i own the new Audi S5 or when they come out with the RS5, or if i hit the lottery and buy a R8 LOL

Last edited by Lex Luga; 01-09-11 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-09-11, 12:32 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

looks terrible right? it looks like i went to autozone and bought the cheapest shhyt i could find and slapped it right on my lexus so it looks like some teenagers honda civic or scion right?????
Old 01-09-11, 12:38 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmnbi2006
IMO i think it's iight..I like the projector but not the halos. I would want a lip kit similiar to yours. something simple and clean.