GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

V-Leds in Parking, Puddle & Reverse Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 04:49 PM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Question

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
i actually think i will get these..the 5k http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p8761053.html just have to wait for it to come back in stock. It looks like the 5k has no blue tint, only white in it which i like..

Lex Luga,
Did you get your bulbs already? Can you comment on a color of 5k leds? Are they really that white in comparison to our license plate leds? Just want to check before I order, I have the 6k led bulbs in front and those are much bluer than my stock HID.

Thanks
Old 01-10-11, 07:59 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300.ru
Lex Luga,
Did you get your bulbs already? Can you comment on a color of 5k leds? Are they really that white in comparison to our license plate leds? Just want to check before I order, I have the 6k led bulbs in front and those are much bluer than my stock HID.

Thanks
I bought them already but it is on back order so i have to wait til jan 18 to get shipped...but it might get shipped before then according to my confirmation email
Old 01-11-11, 01:25 PM
RenatUSSR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GS300.ru
Can you comment on a color of 5k leds? Are they really that white in comparison to our license plate leds?
Check out my new video with 5000K bulbs in puddle lights..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlGhb-Yj00

If compare those 5000K lights with stock LEDS - NO difference! I compared 2-LED Flank V-Leds bulbs to stock dome lights - also no difference in temperature color. (See attached images) The same story with lights in doors - no difference with puddle lights. So my conclusion : stock Lexus LEDs = 5K V-LEDS. The color is absolutely the same.
Attached Thumbnails V-Leds in Parking, Puddle & Reverse Lights-88cd5cd4f01a2bcc-large.jpg   V-Leds in Parking, Puddle & Reverse Lights-88cd7691f7fd1f63-large.jpg   V-Leds in Parking, Puddle & Reverse Lights-88cd76923b11265c-large.jpg  

Last edited by RenatUSSR; 01-11-11 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-11-11, 04:16 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RenatUSSR
Check out my new video with 5000K bulbs in puddle lights..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlGhb-Yj00

If compare those 5000K lights with stock LEDS - NO difference! I compared 2-LED Flank V-Leds bulbs to stock dome lights - also no difference in temperature color. (See attached images) The same story with lights in doors - no difference with puddle lights. So my conclusion : stock Lexus LEDs = 5K V-LEDS. The color is absolutely the same.
RenatUSSR, the lights that you used for the driver's and passenger's lighted vanity mirrors look great! Do you have a link for the LEDs that you used? How does the colour compare to the stock Lexus LEDs used elsewhere in the interior (e.g. map lights, door lights, etc)?
Old 01-11-11, 05:20 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Renat can you send me the link to the 5000k LED trunk/cargo light.

and can i borrow your RPG, I need to take down this helicopter.
Old 01-11-11, 08:59 PM
RenatUSSR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
Renat can you send me the link to the 5000k LED trunk/cargo light.

and can i borrow your RPG, I need to take down this helicopter.
-White/Blue
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p7408258.html

------------
-Pure White
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p8761206.html
Old 01-11-11, 09:07 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Yeh im going with the 5k again.. Thanks Renat

Last edited by Lex Luga; 01-11-11 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-12-11, 10:03 AM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

RenatUSSR, were these the LEDs you used in the vanity mirror lights in the interior: http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p7408401.html
Old 01-12-11, 10:33 AM
RenatUSSR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
RenatUSSR, were these the LEDs you used in the vanity mirror lights in the interior: http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p7408401.html
I saw your qeastion before, sorry for delay..
This is the link on those LEDs I used, but it doesn't make any sense
That's why I posted the picture of them here.
Yes, you can buy these one - the same light output (35 lm) and the same wattage (1 watt)

Last edited by RenatUSSR; 01-12-11 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-12-11, 10:41 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

The LEDS you got in your mirror covers looks GREAT! They look really white. What's the "K" rating on those?
Old 01-12-11, 10:59 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't know the vanity bulbs were 194. Honestly, I have never used those lights since you have to move the sun shades out of the way.

I have never ordered anything from v-leds because their shipping rates to Canada are absolutely atrocious. $16 to ship 3 LED bulbs that fit in a bubble envelope that would take no more than $2 in postage.
Old 01-12-11, 11:26 AM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

I saw your qeastion before, sorry for delay..
This is the link on those LEDs I used, but it doesn't make any sense
That's why I posted the picture of them here.
Yes, you can buy these one - the same light output (35 lm) and the same wattage (1 watt)
Thanks for your reply RenatUSSR! One last question if you don't mind (sorry): How did you replace the vanity mirror light bulbs? Did you have any fitment issues with the V-LED bulbs you used?
Old 01-12-11, 12:00 PM
RenatUSSR
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
How did you replace the vanity mirror light bulbs? Did you have any fitment issues with the V-LED bulbs you used?
It's easy to change them. Much easier then to change bulbs in puddle lights
No fitment problems. Just one notice - cheap bulbs from V-LEDs are polarity sensitive.
(High Power Bulbs for 16$ are not polarity sensitive)
Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I didn't know the vanity bulbs were 194. Honestly, I have never used those lights since you have to move the sun shades out of the way.

I have never ordered anything from v-leds because their shipping rates to Canada are absolutely atrocious. $16 to ship 3 LED bulbs that fit in a bubble envelope that would take no more than $2 in postage.
I heard about shipping. I think this is all about some kind of "insurence". Insurence that they won't be destoyed during the shipping. You're lucky enough, that there is no need to send V-LEDS bulbs to Russia The price for reverse lights was for me about 80$. And the price for high power in puddle and parking lights is about 25$.
Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
The LEDS you got in your mirror covers looks GREAT! They look really white. What's the "K" rating on those?
What is the "K" rating ?

About V-LEDS live time.. About how long they live..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...ith-vleds.html
There are several reasons when LEDs burn out. Improper installation = heat kills.

Acura-owner have 5K bulbs in all interior lights >>>
http://www.drive2.ru/p/cjr/OAAAAAAAdNA4QAAAAACm6Q
He said in comments that all bulbs work fine. No problems after 1 year of use.

Last edited by RenatUSSR; 01-12-11 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-13-11, 12:14 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's easy to change them. Much easier then to change bulbs in puddle lights
No fitment problems. Just one notice - cheap bulbs from V-LEDs are polarity sensitive.
(High Power Bulbs for 16$ are not polarity sensitive)
I have a question about this. I popped one of the vanity mirror light housings down from the roof and had a look at the bulb out of curiosity. There doesn't appear to be any "base" to the bulb to grab on to... it seems to be inside some grey plastic with only the glass poking out of it. I tried tugging on it as best I could but the bulb wouldn't budge.

Is there some trick to it?

Wasn't sure how to pop the housing out from the ceiling either... so I ended up prying it from the side closest to the drivers door. It was held in place by a plastic clip that bends. Not sure if that's the correct way to get it out without damaging that clip. Should I be pulling it down from the reverse side or something? It was quite tight.
Old 01-13-11, 02:00 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

just ordered my 5k leds today !!!!

Quick Reply: V-Leds in Parking, Puddle & Reverse Lights