GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

CRAZY or CREATIVE? GS300 riding on hot pink 20's, blacked out headlights. And more..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-11, 05:12 AM
Compass
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job weathering the hater tsunami.
Old 01-01-11, 07:06 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pana
Now, the matte black 3M vinyl. For me personally, i like the contrast between the matte and shiny silver. But IMHO, the vinyl on the boot is too much.
I think that with the black vinyl running only on the roof and the hood, the car looks unfinished. On the trunk it did not look good. To be honest either way it looked like your car had been in an accident and you picked up some black panels from a junkyard.

I have a suggestion if you really want to have contrast of matte black and shiny silver:

Why not paint twin matte black racing stripes the full length of the vehicle, running up the hood, over the roof and down the trunk. This way you limit the amount of surface that is matte black which will make it look better, and you can create a look that looks designed rather than looking like mismatching panels.

Maybe someone with photoshop can create a silver GS with matte black racing stripes for you to see.
Old 01-01-11, 09:25 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its getting better, you still tried to salvage some of those cheesy stick on vents/emblems or whatever they are, around here we only see those on corollas, and beater hondas with antennea wings and a soccer ball sticker on the side. If you finish removing those I strongly believe your car will have a nice base here.
Old 01-01-11, 09:49 PM
rickyb80
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're heading in the right direction, but the hood ornament has got to go. The GS is a sport sedan and the hood ornament screams "rolls royce" and really takes away from the sporty look. I like batman's idea in going with a thinner racing stripe in matte black. I'd do something with the grill too because you blacked out everything and now there's no more contrast to it at all, just black on black with more black......
Old 01-01-11, 10:23 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

did you wrap your roof yourself?
Old 01-02-11, 05:17 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

i think this covers it, found this in the 2GS this would look nice not sure if this is what others are saying but I think it would look good.
Attached Thumbnails CRAZY or CREATIVE? GS300 riding on hot pink 20's, blacked out headlights. And more..-post-8-1062110491.jpg  
Old 01-02-11, 10:10 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
i think this covers it, found this in the 2GS this would look nice not sure if this is what others are saying but I think it would look good.
I don't think this would look good. The hood lines are too wide on the 3GS so that stripe would be very wide. I would suggest a double stripe without the outer edges of each stripe following the lines on the hood.
Old 01-02-11, 10:57 AM
spyuae
Driver

hahahahahahahah
CRAZY
Old 01-02-11, 02:58 PM
charmz
Lead Lap

Looks alot better, but i think if your going to return back to the chrome headlight trim the grill trim should match.

Take those stupid stick on vent things (i see you added new ones on the side skirts) off... let me put it this way, anything you have stuck on the car with double sided tape needs to be removed.

im starting to actually not mind the hood ornament as your car becomes less 'riced out'

no matter what you do, i think your car looked better before you decided to do all this "crazy/creative" stuff

Last edited by charmz; 01-02-11 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-03-11, 12:28 AM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

LMAO at the fact that the car is said to attract the "ladies" in Thailand of all places... just like the car...the ladies may come with unsightly "add-ons" LOL
Old 01-03-11, 02:09 AM
4drferio

very different
Old 01-03-11, 05:31 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The Godfather
LMAO at the fact that the car is said to attract the "ladies" in Thailand of all places... just like the car...the ladies may come with unsightly "add-ons" LOL
lol. attracts ladies. in the u.s it would do the same, just that they would come over to look, point and laugh. i agree with the other poster, remove all the things that are stuck to the car with glue or tape. then the car will be halfway decent. but in any case, im guessing the fast and the furious movie just came out in thailand. new release maybe. damn,thats late.
Old 01-03-11, 08:01 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

he cant do no wrong drivin GS in Thailand,,,its like drivin Rolls over here,,,i salute to u man
Old 01-04-11, 08:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

actually i dont mind the rims....its all the other things that killed it for me. everyone was right though, your car was so nice before why the drastic changes?
Old 01-07-11, 03:43 PM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Thumbs down Mod bug insanity

Looks like the honesty of all members went off quite brutally in the end. I cannot believe you did that to your car. Please listen to them and get rid of all red circled items ASAP. Sell all that sh... on EBay and start thinking about new wheels and exhaust.

On a funny note, though.
For this type of butchery you should be taxed and fined immediately. The international car fashion police should be all of over your monster creation. I never knew the MOD bug can bring to this state of insanity. My insurance company would easily accept it as an act of vandalism if I would show them my car looking like this.

In the end, it is your car, do what you feel is right. Good luck with un-modddddding. The best part about it, it is free.