GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

200,000 miles and climbing every month.... Service performed, cost and issues......

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-11, 08:24 AM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

mmade22: can you give me the model number of the Brake Bleeder tool you have?
Old 01-21-11, 09:29 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

[QUOTE=mmade22;6052912] Read the owners manual and you will find your jacking point to get the entire car up in the rear:

Name:  IMG_8312.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  145.0 KB

Hey I see you have the F-Sport springs over the stock struts how does it feel is there a difference you feel a change, just wondering cause I wanted to get the bilstein shocks and springs but don't no if there is a real difference! your opinion is well appreciated.
Old 01-21-11, 12:43 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

What kind of Continental tires do you have? DWS? If so, have you had a chance to try them in snow at all? Thanks!
Old 01-21-11, 12:59 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mmade22 - can we see pics of your ML+ install? I'm curious how you configured the hub and ports inside your armrest.
Old 01-21-11, 02:03 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
mmade22: can you give me the model number of the Brake Bleeder tool you have?
Thats what i exactly asked him myself and he replied to me:

Here is the model #0101 which is a universal adaptor. It takes some time to get a good seal around the master cylinder but once it does, it worked great.
Old 01-21-11, 03:21 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Thats what i exactly asked him myself and he replied to me:

Here is the model #0101 which is a universal adaptor. It takes some time to get a good seal around the master cylinder but once it does, it worked great.
thanks man!

Does anyone know how many bottles of fluid is needed to bleed?
Old 01-21-11, 09:12 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

wow this is an awesome thread thanks for sharing!!!
Old 01-21-11, 09:30 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
thanks man!

Does anyone know how many bottles of fluid is needed to bleed?
Wow me and you have same exact questions, OP said he used 3 bottles. I bought 3 bottles from toyota for 5.99 each as it was cheaper then getting them from sewellparts.com + shipping. Also If you are interested I got the bottle bleeder from ebay for $59.99 with free shipping.
Old 01-22-11, 03:34 PM
BlakGSKing
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

t/s great thread

I'm in NC as well and I got two questions:

#1: who did your garage(floors, tool cabinets, walls, etc)?

#2: whenever you do go to a dealer, who do you trust the most? It seems hard to find a Lexus dealer that doesn't have a habit of directly lying to your face because they assume you don't know anything about cars SMH
Old 01-22-11, 04:01 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlakGSKing
t/s great thread

I'm in NC as well and I got two questions:

#1: who did your garage(floors, tool cabinets, walls, etc)?

#2: whenever you do go to a dealer, who do you trust the most? It seems hard to find a Lexus dealer that doesn't have a habit of directly lying to your face because they assume you don't know anything about cars SMH
It's interesting. The dealer I go to in Atlanta always tries to talk me out of replacing things. e.g. telling me I don't need brake pads even though they looked pretty thin to me.
Old 01-22-11, 05:55 PM
BlakGSKing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by batman75
It's interesting. The dealer I go to in Atlanta always tries to talk me out of replacing things. e.g. telling me I don't need brake pads even though they looked pretty thin to me.
yeah, I've noticed that the customer service from Lexus dealerships is generally pretty poor

bought my GS from a dealer in St. Louis - poor experience
and currently get my GS430 serviced in Raleigh, NC - better than St. Louis, but not that much better

I have a BMW 750 that I get serviced at the BMW dealership in Raleigh as well, as a matter of fact they are next door to each other

and the contrast in dealing with the personnel at each dealership is striking.........and not in a good way for Lexus
Old 01-22-11, 06:04 PM
PJ82ND
Driver School Candidate

everything is great but you got the bad brake pads and the obsolete rotors the brake pads u got on are the ones the cause lots of brake dust n the rotors are not the updated rotors for pulsation n squeaking new updated brake pads r blue for the gs n tranny svc is good but is reccomended at 100k just like the plugs but sick *** tl :-) n love the floor
Old 01-22-11, 06:40 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlakGSKing
yeah, I've noticed that the customer service from Lexus dealerships is generally pretty poor

bought my GS from a dealer in St. Louis - poor experience
and currently get my GS430 serviced in Raleigh, NC - better than St. Louis, but not that much better

I have a BMW 750 that I get serviced at the BMW dealership in Raleigh as well, as a matter of fact they are next door to each other

and the contrast in dealing with the personnel at each dealership is striking.........and not in a good way for Lexus
In Miami it's the other way around. The Lexus staff and service is vastly better than BMWs. The BMW dealership on a couple of occasions had my car for over a week because they forgot to order the part, 3 times they scratched my alloys doing an alignment and it was a pain to get them to fix it, about a quarter of the time they give you a chevy because they don't have enough BMW loaners, and they charge $225 for an oil change.

The Lexus dealer is outstanding, and they also offer lifetime warranty on all repairs for parts and labor. So for example, you change your brake pads, you get free brake pad changes for life! Applies to everything except wipers and tires. Always get a Lexus loaner, and they are very careful with your car.
Old 01-22-11, 07:22 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmade22
After buying 12 quarts of transmission fluid and doing my research after, I realized this is a dealer thing as they hooked it up to the machine and flushed all 13 qts. 220 dollars later, I was out the door. Anyone need 12 quarts of trans fluid?
So you dealer could flush out all 13 qts of WS fluid; I went to LONGO LEXUS yesterday and told them to flush out all WS fluids, and they only did the WS fluid service which is maybe 4-5 qts and told me they don't have the machine for it. They said they have the machine for type IV, but not for WS fluid. I thought it was kind of interesting becuase LONGO is one of the biggest dealership on the west coast.
Old 01-22-11, 08:19 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by batman75
In Miami it's the other way around. The Lexus staff and service is vastly better than BMWs. The BMW dealership on a couple of occasions had my car for over a week because they forgot to order the part, 3 times they scratched my alloys doing an alignment and it was a pain to get them to fix it, about a quarter of the time they give you a chevy because they don't have enough BMW loaners, and they charge $225 for an oil change.

The Lexus dealer is outstanding, and they also offer lifetime warranty on all repairs for parts and labor. So for example, you change your brake pads, you get free brake pad changes for life! Applies to everything except wipers and tires. Always get a Lexus loaner, and they are very careful with your car.
Life time warranty? How is that even possible?

Quick Reply: 200,000 miles and climbing every month.... Service performed, cost and issues......