GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

200,000 miles and climbing every month.... Service performed, cost and issues......

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-13, 10:23 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics and info on the last update! Any new updates?

BTW, might be time for you to get a Tundra to tow that new toy of yours.
Old 11-29-13, 06:12 PM
bwl
Driver School Candidate

For the felt in the dash... is it for the rattles when the music is loud? I know when i turn up my music (just a decent loudness) i would hear rattles but not sure if it's the windows or the dash touching the windows.
Old 12-01-13, 08:56 PM
sonnyhood
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was referring to the smaller O ring and the white plastic piece, where do they go in relationg to the filter? inner side, outer side or are they to be left out/optional??
Old 12-26-13, 02:17 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CAK 500
Car is looking great John! Hard to believe that you have 200k on her! Great to see how a well maintained 3GS can hold up.

I had the water pump replaced recently as well; fortunately for me still under warranty. I noticed a tiny bit of coolant residue around the pump after reading about others' experiences. Hendrick was great about replacing it, but I noticed coolant sprayed everywhere between the radiator and pump after I got home. Decided to clean it up myself since she was due for an oil change anyway.

The headlamp issue must be aggravating. Assuming you haven't already solved the problem, can you swap left and right units to see if the issue occurs when the driver side is plugged into the passenger side? Was thinking this would eliminate the off chance of the problem is taking place outside of the headlamp assembly itself. Keep us updated on this ... I'm sure some of us will find it helpful at some point.

Any issues with your trunk button by chance (the one on the trunk lid itself)? I noticed that mine was starting to feel sticky, and saw that it is actually starting to melt/deteriorate. I posted about it earlier this week, and it sounds like a lot of guys are having the same issue. Should be getting the replacement part in today, and will swap it out this weekend.

Love the new toy ... I'm sure you guys must really be enjoying it. The pool looks fantastic btw. Absolutely beautiful work!
Hey Chris! No issues to date with my trunk button. My headlight was in fact the cheap *** bulbs I got from my friend. China bulbs really took me for a ride but I put a new set of stocks in and I'm seeing clear with two burning lights. Come out this summer for a beer poolside. The first ones on the house

Originally Posted by Simmsled
Fantastic!

Love the bar. What do you keep on tap out there? ;-)

I wish I would have built my garage deeper now. lol
Thank you! Two taps are flowing so I get to chose a different one most weeks like blue moon but I always have a light beer on tap.

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
Congratulations to you and your car.
To your car because it has an owner like yourself, and to you for having so much faith, love and respect towards and automobile. I have a lot of respect for people who keep their cars for a while, tells me a lot about what kind of people they are.

Looking forward to your future posts.

Happy motoring !

Dave
Thanks Dave! The car is doing wonders for me every day I drive it. It's really simple to take simple steps to keep the car looking and driving great. She takes care of me by getting me home safe to my family every week. I take care of her by doing my part in keeping her proper!

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Aside from the headlights showing it's age (as all GS' anyways), the car looks spanking brand new! You should most definitely keep it!

My GS is the first purchase that I've actually put forth effort in research and purchased, my previous cars (I've had cars since the age of 14) were all just that car that I said, "Meh.... I guess I'll take it."

I see myself with this car, as a sentimental keepsake until the day the four wheels fall off *knock on wood*
The headlights turned out to be my cheap *** bulbs. Lesson learned and I'm back to OEM.

Originally Posted by xMJx
Great post. Definitely a lot of info here I can use when I do my own maintenance. Thank you in advance.

By the way, what are the pads for on your garage floor? The dark gray ones you park both cars on. I think they'd be a great idea for my wife- lets her know when to stop. I don't like the idea of suspending a tennis ball from the ceiling.
The pads are there to keep the "hot tire" from peeling up my painted floor. Look it up and you'll understand why. They make stoppers for your issue instead of the ball trick.

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
I love the way you maintain your ride!!!!! Keep it up! Nice garage BTW!!!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by KrazyLexus
Nice pics and info on the last update! Any new updates?

BTW, might be time for you to get a Tundra to tow that new toy of yours.
Funny you should mention that. I am looking at high mileage Tundras as we speak as a third car. I do agree on needing a tow vehicle. The wife's on board so that's a huge step in the right direction. I'm looking to purchase one this spring. Anyone know of a southern Tundra in great shape with high miles? 07-08 100-150k miles is all good as long as they can prove they maintained it. 5.7 liter is a must!

Originally Posted by bwl
For the felt in the dash... is it for the rattles when the music is loud? I know when i turn up my music (just a decent loudness) i would hear rattles but not sure if it's the windows or the dash touching the windows.

The rattles for me came from my doors. Remember, the woofers are in the doors. I took my door panels off, insulated and tightened them upand I heard and felt a huge difference. I have the Mar Levinson system that can really punch.

The car continues to be a keeper. To date I have 215,000 miles on her with no issues. I put new tires with the correct sidewall height so my rubbing issues are a thing of the past.

Funny story....... I did have the dealer do my recall for the cam gears. I was able to go back to see the engine apart along with three others sitting in the same row. The technician looked at me and said I have a question for you. "How often do you change your oil?" I do it every 5,000 miles which ends up to be once a month. He says, that car next to yours has 60,000 miles and it's twice as dirty as your car with 210,000 miles. Keep it up!

That was a great feeling to say the least. The car still has a lot of life left and it's great to see my service writer do a double take every time when he goes to read the odometer. He stands back, looks at the car and shakes his head in disbelief. Awesome!

Last edited by mmade22; 12-26-13 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-26-13, 03:03 PM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I thought I had a lot of miles on my 07 with me approaching 125k now. Bravo! I was tossing around the idea of selling her, but as reliable as shes been for the most part and reviewing this thread for proof that she will continue as long as preventative maintenance is taken care of. I dont see a reason to get rid of her.

Thanks for your contribution to this website! I enjoyed reading through your journal!
Old 12-27-13, 09:21 AM
gs350RWD
Rookie

Very neat person. By looking at your car, garage, pool and your project at home also that sweet looking bar! Damn you are doing a great job! Very handy. 2 thumbs up!!
Old 12-27-13, 11:02 AM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for making this thread , although i have another lexus i learned so much from this thread
keep it up !!
Old 01-01-14, 04:30 PM
Jens
Driver School Candidate

Ok I've gotta ask!! Is that epoxy on garage floor?? I have to have it!!!
Old 04-11-14, 01:07 PM
2URGS3
Driver School Candidate

What size with offsets are the wheels? Looking good....
Old 04-11-14, 06:35 PM
Synergy001
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice thread with great info...
Old 04-16-14, 07:29 PM
oramos23
Rookie

Much respect to the owner & this thread!
Old 04-29-14, 10:49 AM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent work.
Would you consider a re-spray of the front bumper? I mean it looks surprisingly well from the photo's and considering the high miles. That high risk area is typically cracked somewhere by now.
Old 05-04-14, 12:42 AM
02REX
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

wow, hate to revive an old thread but bro this is awesome!! i need a neighbor like you here in hawaii!..lol. and your garage is the perfect diy shop too!
Old 09-05-14, 12:19 PM
3rmac805
Driver

Your on top of your game!
Old 09-05-14, 12:19 PM
3rmac805
Driver

Also, very nice bar setup. Love the color blue pool lighting!

Quick Reply: 200,000 miles and climbing every month.... Service performed, cost and issues......