GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-11, 05:02 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to say using the iphone does also have just as many downfalls with the dice products, to which they have no solutions

1: I'm now also using the dice CS/2 phone cradle, and the phone states the accessory is not optomized for the phone...WTF, come on guys, it's pretty effing annoying to have to clear the warning message every time the phone is plugged in, I didn't have this problem when I wasn't using the cradle, so this is a dice product that isn't set up to operate at it's best....due to the false warning issue.

2: the dice media bridge now often is not recognized and I can't even select the AM/ SAT button unless I completely turn off the car and turn it back on ...LAME

3: this might be a phone issue, not sure, but, when playing music from the phone to the mediabridge from the ipod the iphone sometimes shows a white screen and says it's connected to an accessory...have to disconnect and reconnect to get the regular screen back on to show the album artwork. LAME (not sure if phone or mediabridge)

have asked dice, did not get any worthy responses accept, you can dismiss the warning...thanks, I'd prefer a "we are working on resolving those issues and will have a firmware update available soon which will address them"

in the most recent firmware update, they did manage to get the screen to display "pandora" when running pandora, before it just said "pause" however, it really should just say the same music info whether you're on pandora or ipod.....not sure how much work is involved to do this, I"m guessing a lot which is why it doesn't do it.
Old 09-12-11, 01:59 PM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Dice Response from Jay and Tech Staff

Questions in Black, Resonse in red

I switched phones from droid to iphone4....I am happy to report that the
phone will BT music through the mediabridge and simultaneously BT the phone
through the Lexus handsfree system. This is a large plus b/c the factory BT
phone retains 100% of the normal wheel functionality, the phonebook can be
downloaded to the car, basically everything is better, including the sound
quality on the other person's end.

the droid wouldn't do this b/c it didn't have the ability to select the BT
control on the phone for audio versus phone calls and the iphone does.

Yes, many people would like to maintain their factory Bluetooth system and gain the A2DP audio streaming ability of the mediabridge. It is important for people to know that it is a feature/ability of the phone to select which device they want to do what (i.e. hands-free vs audio-media).

But one new issue is when I don't BT the audio and I plug it in, sometimes
the phone says "accessory connected" and nothing works and it doesn't
display the cd covers, the work around is to disconnect and reconnect the
phone then it works as normal.

What is causing this.....anyone know? I'm wondering if there's a setting to
change on the phone to make it always stay in NON-accessory mode.....or if
it's something that needs to be updated in the firmware of the mediabridge

The message “accessory connected” will show up when trying to access the iPod-App on your iPhone if you don’t unlock the screen before you connect it to mediabridge. The media bridge has MANUAL and SMART modes, MANUAL mode means you want to have controls of the iPod through the iPod (unlock the screen before connecting it to mediabridge) and SMART mode means you want to give the radio full controls of the iPod (don’t unlock the screen before connecting it to mediabridge and the iPod screen will get locked, with and ACCESSORY “CONNECTED” message).

Your posts on here have been very helpful. I look forward to hearing if you
get this issue resolved. I'm wondering if there is a difference between
waiting for the car to start up and having your stereo turned onto the
Mediabridge before connecting your iphone versus plugging it in before you
start the car, have you noticed any difference? When? You connect the iPod/iPhone has nothing to do with the “ACCESSORIE CONNECTED” screen. It is the screen staying locked or unlocking it before you connected to the mediabridge that matters.

Also, you say you download the phonebook to the car. I have an 06 IS350
with ML + Nav, and I can't seem to get the phone book to download. Maybe
this was not properly supported with iphone + 06 model?

He was referring to the factory lexus BT system, not the mediabridge. “This is a large plus b/c the factory BT
phone retains 100% of the normal wheel functionality, the phonebook can be downloaded to the car”

I'm looking forward to seeing if they get internet radio working with this
model, for their other product, they support an app on the iphone called
Livio. It would be a HUGE plus if they got Livio working on this, and would
completely talk me into dropping the cash for this product.

Livio Internet Radio is something we have planned for the mediabridge (no ETA yet). You may go ahead and purchase it now if you like, it would be a simple firmware update once it becomes available.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-mediabridge-
with-bluetooth-6.html#post6665420
Posted by: ASILVER
On: 09-07-11 05:02 PM

sorry to say using the iphone does also have just as many downfalls with the
dice products, to which they have no solutions

1: I'm now also using the dice CS/2 phone cradle, and the phone states the
accessory is not optomized for the phone...WTF, come on guys, it's pretty
effing annoying to have to clear the warning message every time the phone is
plugged in, I didn't have this problem when I wasn't using the cradle, so
this is a dice product that isn't set up to operate at it's best....due to
the false warning issue.

"This accessory is not optimized to work with your iPhone” message can be caused by many factors, just know Dice Electronics is an Apple Partner and we have all the Apple-Product Authentication chips for maximum performance in our products. When you dock or connect the iPhone through the DOCK connector, it quickly goes through an authentication process, if anything doesn’t seem right to the iPhone the message will come up. It doesn’t mean the product will work any better or any worse, it means something did not communicate properly with the device you are connecting to. As I said before this may be caused by many factors, take a look at this link: http://blogs.unbolt.net/index.php/br...or-this-iphone The information on the link isn’t always a fix, products that aren’t authenticated properly will bring up the message no matter how clean the connector is.

2: the dice media bridge now often is not recognized and I can't even
select the AM/ SAT button unless I completely turn off the car and turn it
back on ...LAME

During the initiation/startup (i.e. starting of the vehicle) there is a lot of data synchronization and communication going on in the background between the iPhone, Mediabridge and the factory radio. The factory radios in these vehicles were never intended to control an iPod, Mediabridge is simply the translator enabling the factory radio to understand the iPhone language and if a message doesn’t translate or something did not synchronize properly, the radio simply drops the device from the BUS. Therefore it needs to be restarted, we are constantly working on a enhancing the performace of the product, look for resent updates on the dice electronics web site.

3: this might be a phone issue, not sure, but, when playing music from the
phone to the mediabridge from the ipod the iphone sometimes shows a white
screen and says it's connected to an accessory...have to disconnect and
reconnect to get the regular screen back on to show the album artwork. LAME
(not sure if phone or mediabridge)

The message “accessory connected” will show up when trying to access the iPod-App on your iPhone if you don’t unlock the screen before you connect it to mediabridge. The media bridge has MANUAL and SMART modes, MANUAL mode means you want to have controls of the iPod through the iPod (unlock the screen before connecting it to mediabridge) and SMART mode means you want to give the radio full controls of the iPod (don’t unlock the screen before connecting it to mediabridge and the iPod screen will get locked, with and ACCESSORY “CONNECTED” message).

have asked dice, did not get any worthy responses accept, you can dismiss
the warning...thanks, I'd prefer a "we are working on resolving those issues
and will have a firmware update available soon which will address them"

in the most recent firmware update, they did manage to get the screen to
display "pandora" when running pandora, before it just said "pause"
however, it really should just say the same music info whether you're on
pandora or ipod.....not sure how much work is involved to do this, I"m
guessing a lot which is why it doesn't do it.

There is a lot more involved than just plain and simply “Doing it”. We enable the iPod audio text and controls to work, however, there are legal issues involved when enabling 3rd party companies (i.e. Livio, Pandora..etc) to work and display their text information on the radio’s display.

Hopefully this information helps and we will continue to work delivering quality product…
Old 09-12-11, 02:07 PM
ASILVER
Driver

thanks for your responses, if only the people answering your phones were as knowledgeable, I wish I wrote the guy's name down who was a f@#$Ring idiot, he flat out told me that the g2 c150 cradle doesn't come with video out....it does. He then tried to tell me to purchase a vais product, when that was neither my question nor my solution, as I was simply asking why I should purchase the cs150 versus 50? he guaranteed me the 50 wouldn't work even though the website says it works with the media bridge, and he guaranteed me the 150 doesn't have video out, which it does.

it's sad when people representing the tech support department are less knowledgeable than the company's customers, not to mention argumentative and rude.

if you figure out who that guy is, fire him, he's not worth training or helping, he's a cancer to your company, and he should work somewhere else.
Old 09-12-11, 02:30 PM
ASILVER
Driver

update

1: cleaned the contacts on the phone and the cradle with alcohol, the "This accessory is not optimized to work with your iPhone” is no longer coming up....thanks, fixed

2: To get rid of the accessory connected screen I could not find the control for Smart or manual mode, the closest thing I could find is auto connection enable or disable which does not change how the phone reacts if you connect the phone "locked" to the cradle, it will show that screen when you select the ipod app.

Thanks again.
Old 09-19-11, 11:30 AM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Default Hmmmmm????

Originally Posted by ASILVER
thanks for your responses, if only the people answering your phones were as knowledgeable, I wish I wrote the guy's name down who was a f@#$Ring idiot, he flat out told me that the g2 c150 cradle doesn't come with video out....it does. He then tried to tell me to purchase a vais product, when that was neither my question nor my solution, as I was simply asking why I should purchase the cs150 versus 50? he guaranteed me the 50 wouldn't work even though the website says it works with the media bridge, and he guaranteed me the 150 doesn't have video out, which it does.

it's sad when people representing the tech support department are less knowledgeable than the company's customers, not to mention argumentative and rude.

[/I]if you figure out who that guy is, fire him, he's not worth training or helping, he's a cancer to your company, and he should work somewhere else.
I am thinking that this individual, who could have been myself, my tech staff, and or another sales person might hive misunderstood and thought you wanted to use the DCR-150 G-2 Cradle only as the passthrough device not understanding that you were using it with the Media Bridge which indeed needs to be done being that the authentication chip needed is in the Media Bridge...not the DCR-150. Furthermore, you also need to ensure you have an ipod authenticated cable in order to get the video fee from the iPod.

I Hope this may help with your frustration, we try hard here to help as many people as we can. If the community understands that we are selling Tens of Thousands of these kits that the issues that are brought up here in the forums are in the acceptible less that 3% failure rate associated with our product. I thank you for your input and do apoligize for your irritation. If you have any questions let me know..call anytime. Your comment as to our tech support staff is kinda scary....things here have tightened up and our tech staff is great. I hope it was a misnomer.

It is my job to ensure you are being helped

-J, 888-342-3999 X 115
Old 12-29-11, 10:40 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I just received a mediabridge for my is350 for Christmas and I would like to add my 2 cents. First off I have ready lots of stuff online about the unit, as well as complaints from a friend who has an is250 and also got a mediabridge. Read the directions before you install and use the unit, it will clear a lot of things up and save you frustration later on. The bluetooth, autoconnect, and handsfree work great on this unit,I am using HTC HD2 with android, i am able to control music from the phones music player and from pandora radio. I have not tried an ipod or iphone with the unit as I don't own one, however music from a usb stick works fine and sounds great. If you like to have your music ordered then you may find the way the mediabridge organizes music not to your liking, but what I usually do is throw a bunch of music on a 4gb stick and hit random. Overall I am satisfied with the unit and I think it is a good deal, especially since it is on sale at Walmart right now.
Old 06-22-12, 10:28 AM
Sublime311
Driver School Candidate

Did Walmart stop selling the Dice MediaBridge 1500?

The cheapest I can find it now is around $250 on Amazon.
Old 06-22-12, 10:38 AM
gompka
Racer

Originally Posted by Sublime311
Did Walmart stop selling the Dice MediaBridge 1500?

The cheapest I can find it now is around $250 on Amazon.
Looks like its not available, when i got it it was on walmart.com only not in local stores.

Walmart
Old 06-25-12, 07:35 AM
Sublime311
Driver School Candidate

It looks like most of the issues with the DICE MediaBridge 1500 on Lexus Vehicles have been worked out with the newer Flash updates. The problem posts I find are mostly in the past.

I searched over many of the AUX/iPhone/USB/Flashdrive/Bluetooth solutions and have come to the conclusion that this product is what best fits my needs for the price, on my 08 RX400h.

The fact that it has streaming Bluetooth capability built in, that displays the data on my Nav, and I can use my steering wheel controls is a huge plus.

Maybe this model has been revised and that is why the price has gone up.

If anyone has nay recent issues, please let us know.
Old 09-13-12, 12:54 PM
ASILVER
Driver

It looks like most of the issues with the DICE MediaBridge 1500 on Lexus Vehicles have been worked out with the newer Flash updates. The problem posts I find are mostly in the past.

I searched over many of the AUX/iPhone/USB/Flashdrive/Bluetooth solutions and have come to the conclusion that this product is what best fits my needs for the price, on my 08 RX400h.

The fact that it has streaming Bluetooth capability built in, that displays the data on my Nav, and I can use my steering wheel controls is a huge plus.

they released a new firmware updated 8/14/12, I Have not updated in a while so I'll do this, I came back to this thread b/c I have the DCR-150 cradle in my car, the phone holster (seperate plastic piece that's phone specific has broken) I went to the website to find their contact number for support, now they won't even take phone calls for customer support. they only take emails., I have serious doubts this company is in good health. They have always had poor support, but this is crazy they won't take phone calls. We shall see, if this part can't be replaced I'll be looking for a new brand holster that will fit on my proclip mount
Old 09-14-12, 07:05 AM
gompka
Racer

Media Bridge discontinued! and replaced with Audiovox unit. Looks like maybe they sold to audiovox or got bought out by them.

http://diceelectronics.com/media-bridge-info

http://audiovox.diceelectronics.com/...ridge-info-avx

Last edited by gompka; 09-14-12 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-14-12, 07:08 AM
ASILVER
Driver

Originally Posted by gompka

soooo audiovox bought them, changed nothing and is selling it with new stickers, right?
Old 09-14-12, 07:12 AM
gompka
Racer

Originally Posted by ASILVER
soooo audiovox bought them, changed nothing and is selling it with new stickers, right?
of course, makes sense. However, may be good for us as audiovox is a more established company, hopefully they will keep the firmware updates coming. I don't have any issues with mine except when trying to scan by folder the unit freezes, i haven't upgraded to the newest firmware yet though.
Old 09-14-12, 08:57 AM
gompka
Racer

http://www.12voltnews.com/blog/2012/...e-electronics/

Actually it looks like Dice is still doing all the engineering and audiovox is just taking credit for distribution.
Old 09-17-12, 11:29 AM
Sublime311
Driver School Candidate

I just wanted to state that I had issues with the MediaBridge Bluetooth staying synced between ignitions. I tried two phone independently/separately . A Blackberry 9900 series and iPhone 4s (5.0). The Blackberry experienced more disconnects, the iPhone did better, but it was still troublesome. This was done between multiple DIP switch changes, latest firmware, and resets, per the manual.

So I took it back after a couple weeks and bought a USA Spec BT35-TOY and the BT works a lot better.

Quick Reply: Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth