GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10, 06:28 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
Of course with 32gb USB sticks for $20 it makes sense to leave one in the car at all times. I think the benefit of the A2DB isn't for pre-stored music but streaming of internet music from a phone - e.g. Pandora, internet radio, etc.

But that said, I'm skipping this Dice unit. The upcoming Vais unit which offers Apple iPod out UI on the Lexus screen is what I want. Beats the hell out of this CD and SAT-mode emulation garbage!
That does sound nice. I do take reservation over all of this ipod specific stuff though, not everybody particularly likes ipods or wants to pay the premium for the apple name - it would be nice if there were other options, specifically if somebody would do something similar with android device support. I guess the problem not only lies with the integrators but probably with Google and the fact that there likely is no standardized way of getting video out from them in the first place.

If I didn't already know that this vais device will probably end up costing $300+ I might even be entertained by the idea of skipping the whole ugly/ill-conceived car cd emulation interface particular on my 06.

Ideally would be a custom interface output to the car display that reads directly off a usb key and skips the whole "mp3 player" altogether. Something that could be easily "skinned" would be fantastic.
Old 08-28-10, 05:45 AM
Aristo82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up buying the PXAMG device on ebay for a really good price. I installed it yesterday and so far I have not seen any playback issues. Audio quality is good. Unit responds to commands quickly and does not freeze (so far) when cycling the ignition.

The only downsides are...

1) The provided harness is a bit on the short side. I was planning on placing the PXAMG in the center console but ran out of cable. I may need to just install it behind the radio.

2) The unit is continuously charging even with the vehicle off (may be fixed with firmware update? - my unit is at least a year old).

3) No USB port. Just IPOD & AUX.
Old 09-21-10, 08:37 PM
kevintown
Driver School Candidate

No updates?
Old 12-07-10, 02:51 PM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Answers

Hi everyone,

If anyone has specific questions on the Dice piece plese contact me directly at jr@diceelectronics.com, or 888-342-3999X115. I will get you to a technician if I cannot handle the question myslef. From what I have read so-far batman is right on.
Old 12-07-10, 02:54 PM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

A2DP is a function of Bluetooth and is standard on all Dice Media Bridge 1500 Products
Old 12-07-10, 03:04 PM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

What do you need an update on. I have a lexus install video that should be posted in a week or so. Let me know any information you need to know on the Media Bridge for Lexus. I can help you or get you to a technician. We really want to support the forum so anything I can help you with let me know. I have had very good luck with Honda's/Lexus in general with this product. Navigation is the norm with a SAT interface Mode working the best so far.
Old 12-07-10, 03:13 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Originally Posted by LexiPodCpt
What do you need an update on. I have a lexus install video that should be posted in a week or so. Let me know any information you need to know on the Media Bridge for Lexus. I can help you or get you to a technician. We really want to support the forum so anything I can help you with let me know. I have had very good luck with Honda's/Lexus in general with this product. Navigation is the norm with a SAT interface Mode working the best so far.
I have had the bluetooth model for quite a while now...see my earlier posts..here's what I've got issues with.

random doesn't work with 16gb usb stick, it just goes directly to some screen that displays the type of stick "crucial" and it sticks..until you turn off random mode

on the usb stick, it never used to "remember" where I left off, but lately it has remembered and it starts on the song I left it on (this would be preferable but why is it buggy)

when running bluetooth, from droid 2 it only displays the song info from the first song, it never updates or shows new songs after you fast forward. So I know the phone is sending the information but somewhere there's a glitch not allowing it to update as I change songs.

I really like the product, these are not huge issues but figured I'd mention since you posted and you want to help
Old 12-07-10, 06:27 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you are hesitant to spend $300-500 on a device, and if you are driving a 4 year old used car I can understand that this affects the economics of your ride.

But i think that for those who bought their cars recently, these products are worth the money. An example, BMW charges $500 for smartphone integration as a factory option. If Lexus had offered a solution which had full iPod integration with a slick UI plus Bluetooth stereo as a $500 option, I would have gladly paid that - and the fact that these vendors are filling that opportunity is great.

The problem is that neither of the solutions offer both those features. Vaistech has done a masterful job of providing a slick OEM like interface for iOS4. Dice is unique in adding a Bluetooth media streaming feature, but no one offers it both.

If Dice offered a simple low cost standalone Bluetooth stereo option that ran in parallel to the new Vaistech kit, that would be a great offer.
Old 12-08-10, 02:40 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and exactly what batman75 says.

My biggest gripe with my Vaistech VML is it can NOT perform the A2DP Bluetooth audio via ipod/iphone. For $280, the VML seems way too expensive for what it does. Even if the A2DP isn’t available on the VML, it should at least allow a “passenger mode” to control all audio functions (internet radio, for example) on the ipod through the iPod cable/USB port.

My Mazda CX-9 let two different devices paired through Bluetooth, one cell phone and one A2DP, at the same time. So my LG phone is paired for the BT phone and iPod Touch is paired for BT audio. I listen to the BT audio thru iPod and receive/make BT phone call anytime I want. Lexus is just a couple years behind in car infotainment field. Given the fact these features are now inexpensive in general, I am really looking forward for someone to come up with a unit that will do it all and reliable and cost reasonably.
Old 02-01-11, 04:43 PM
Meandorris
Driver School Candidate

Default MB 1500 Installation

Originally Posted by LexiPodCpt
@LexiPodCpt: Did you ever get a chance to post that video?

I read it was suggested to mount in the glove, but I wondered if anyone had other install options. I was also considering the SAT add-on. Where would that be installed? Ive read one post on this forum about how to route the USB cable into the glove box. Sounds like I need to cut a hole, but others have reported a trap door on the GS300?

More MB1500 questions, not install related. My 2006 GS300 already has BT and mic, so I would imagine I just don't install the mic. Is that correct? And if I don't install the mic, when my iPhone4 is connected to the MB1500, and a call comes in, will my Factory mic work for the call? I understand the offhook button function is replaced by next/prev functions. How can I answer the phone hands free in this configuration?

Thanks in advance to all who help,

MeanD
Old 02-02-11, 06:45 AM
ASILVER
Driver

Originally Posted by Meandorris
More MB1500 questions, not install related. My 2006 GS300 already has BT and mic, so I would imagine I just don't install the mic. Is that correct? And if I don't install the mic, when my iPhone4 is connected to the MB1500, and a call comes in, will my Factory mic work for the call? I understand the offhook button function is replaced by next/prev functions. How can I answer the phone hands free in this configuration?

Thanks in advance to all who help,

MeanD

If your phone is your mp3 player and you want to use BT to stream audio you are forced to also use the mediabridge for phone, you can't pair the phone with the car and the audio with the media bridge, although, you can do things like that on the 2010-newer models with factory equipment.

If your mp3 player is a stand alone ipod or mp3 or usb, then you can link your phone to the car directly and you won't need the mic.....of course you wouldn't be BT streaming audio at that point either so it doesn't matter.
Old 02-02-11, 03:52 PM
Meandorris
Driver School Candidate

Smile media bridge install experiences

Originally Posted by ASILVER
If your phone is your mp3 player and you want to use BT to stream audio you are forced to also use the mediabridge for phone, you can't pair the phone with the car and the audio with the media bridge, although, you can do things like that on the 2010-newer models with factory equipment.

If your mp3 player is a stand alone ipod or mp3 or usb, then you can link your phone to the car directly and you won't need the mic.....of course you wouldn't be BT streaming audio at that point either so it doesn't matter.
Makes sense, thanks. Sounds like I will need to use the Media Bridge mic in addition to the factory mic. So with that

Any suggestions on where to install or have installed themselves:
Media Bridge
Media Bridge Microphone
Media Bridge SAT adapter
Old 02-04-11, 12:02 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i ordered and installed this device
works great!!!

bluetooth is loud and clear to my listeners ... at first they can hear echo . but as the calls goes on they say i'm as loud as shouting

however wen i make calls or call comes in some times the sound cuts before the phone number is done announcing ..
Old 02-05-11, 12:35 PM
HACSF
Driver School Candidate

I know that the following is not necessarily on point but I did think it worth sharing my experiences with the Mediabridge MB-1500 that I purchased last week.

Based on some of the postings on this forum, I went ahead and purchased from Crutchfield, an authorized Mediabridge dealer, an MB-1500 (with Blue Tooth) and which was professionally installed in my 2004 Lexus LS 430. This vehicle has navigation and built in satellite and blue tooth, but no streaming. The music from the Mediabridge plays fine but the text is not transferring over at all well. By that I mean that the text (track information and the like) flickers incessantly and never stops flickering. In fact the text, whether album or song information, is barely visible for the flickering.

I emailed Meidabridge yesterday afternoon and also spoke with a couple of of the support staff. I was instructed to go entry 4 in the Satellite menu and hit Scroll and then chose the option of No Scroll. I can not get to menu because of the flickering. I was then informed that I should first upgrade the firmware before re-contatcting Tech Support. I went ahead and upgraded the firmware and still have the same issue.

I have not even tried to connect through Bluetooth as the flickering is presumably preventing me from seeing where I would connect/pair.

I have just tried contacting Mediabridge who appear to offer Saturday hours but keep going through to voice mail.

I love the idea of being able to do what the Mediabridge advertises, especially the possibility of streaming radio stations from an iPod touch tethered to a Sprint Mi-Fi device in my car. So far, however, my experience has been disappointing. I will email JR whose address appears above and hope to get the issue resolved; I will post an update regardless of whether or not I am successful.

Lastly, thank you to Batman and the others on this thread for being so gracious in sharing their respective experiences.

Best regards,

HACSF
Old 02-07-11, 04:42 PM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Default Media Bridge 1500 for Lexus

Please, Please, Please.....all those with questions please, yes I said it again, please just hit my e-mail @ jr@diceelectronics.com. I am in the office from 9-5 daily pst and can answer any questions any may have. I have an engineering and technical team behind me. So, any questions just e-mail me of if you want you can call me @ 888-342-3999 X 115.

I am hearing some very good things.....also everyone know I am a Media Bridge owner with a Toyota and have an HTC EVO and I can basically stream all my audio while navigating, and/or running whatever apps I need. This Medai Bridge is a killer unit, even better when working with smart phone and A2DP functionality. We are introducing Internet Radio functionality from the Head Unit soon, but for know all can stream and track up/down through the smart phone A2DP functionality.

Best Regards,

J

Dice Electronics

Quick Reply: Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth