GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Ticking/Clicking Noise from front passenger wheel when turning left?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-10, 12:38 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I also have something similiar. Does not happen very often and only when Im backing up and applying the brakes, I hear a *click* sound.
i have something similar also.. when i'm backing up and applying brakes, but only when i go over little bumps. sometimes there, sometimes not.. what could this be?
Old 07-06-10, 02:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

still a mystery for me as well.
Old 07-06-10, 02:35 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Does anybody know if the wheel bearing assembly on these cars includes a new boot etc. Just wondering how much is going to be replaced when they finally get my car in for this. They told me today that they are expecting the parts to arrive tomorrow.

Hoping that they replace the boot as part of the assembly in case there is something subtle wrong with the existing boot that caused it to go bad in the first place.
Old 07-07-10, 05:26 PM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Usually if a wheel bearing is bad the wheel itself will get hotter to the touch compared to the other wheels. If the bearings are really bad, the wheel could get damn hot.
Old 09-26-10, 01:04 PM
trentor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any news on the actual culprit? I've got this exact same issue on my G35. It went away for a few weeks, but now it's back and even louder.
Old 05-30-13, 06:43 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates? Wheel bearing or axle? I'm hearing something similar on my car
The following users liked this post:
Rballcrime (07-27-20)
Old 06-15-13, 06:24 AM
Saaddigga
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem on my GS after only 5k miles. Lexus ended up changing the pads and rotors which seemed like overkill but they said there was a bulletin from Lexus to do so. It's been a couple months and the sound is back. I'll call again and ask them to check the wheel bearing.
Old 07-02-13, 11:53 PM
bogey883
Driver School Candidate

Any update on this? I have an 02' is300. Get a popping/creaking noise when braking and turning (mostly right).
I've been researching it a lot and users are saying sway bar links or ball joint. Also pins that hold calipers. I'm going to start out with the sway links in a couple of days and see what happens. Also getting a lot of wheel whistling.
Old 07-25-14, 12:27 AM
jsgs350
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys I have a 2013 Lexus GS350 F sport. My car is making a Ticking noise while I make I am in full turn, or if I am reversing while turning the wheel. This noise started at about 11,000 miles. I brought it into service and they replaced my back rotors. The noise seemed to go away for about a day so I brought it in again. The second time they replaced my backing plates. The noise went away for about a week. So now I am waiting for an engineer from the factory to come check out my car. Let me know if you guys hear anything. I just hope its not a major issue.
Old 07-25-14, 04:49 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bogey883
Any update on this? I have an 02' is300. Get a popping/creaking noise when braking and turning (mostly right).
I've been researching it a lot and users are saying sway bar links or ball joint. Also pins that hold calipers. I'm going to start out with the sway links in a couple of days and see what happens. Also getting a lot of wheel whistling.
its like a knuckling sound isn't it? when you turn the wheel its like it pops?

im getting this but not all the time. im checking my sway bars and ties today to see whats up. more than likely its the sway bar or ties. I don't think its anything else.
Old 07-27-14, 06:54 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsgs350
Hey guys I have a 2013 Lexus GS350 F sport. My car is making a Ticking noise while I make I am in full turn, or if I am reversing while turning the wheel. This noise started at about 11,000 miles. I brought it into service and they replaced my back rotors. The noise seemed to go away for about a day so I brought it in again. The second time they replaced my backing plates. The noise went away for about a week. So now I am waiting for an engineer from the factory to come check out my car. Let me know if you guys hear anything. I just hope its not a major issue.
I'm getting this as well… anyone else can chime in?
Old 07-29-14, 10:41 AM
warandcar
Lead Lap

thats interesting that your getting this problem on the 2013's. no one answering on the GEN 4 thread?
Old 07-29-14, 11:15 AM
Soltez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uberEJ
its like a knuckling sound isn't it? when you turn the wheel its like it pops?

im getting this but not all the time. im checking my sway bars and ties today to see whats up. more than likely its the sway bar or ties. I don't think its anything else.
Hey uber I'm having the issue u described i hear a pop sometimes while reversing and turning the wheel
Old 09-25-14, 04:43 PM
aaronqn
Driver School Candidate

Default Same Problem

I have the same problem here as well... For now I only hear it when reversing and turning the steering wheel to the right. Seems like a lot of people are having this issues, anyone find out the reason yet?
Old 06-03-15, 09:50 PM
Reg84
Rookie

I have this like bell ringing sound when I go forward (haven't tried reversing) it gets faster as I go faster. The sound is coming from my right rear wheel. Mechanics said could be rims or bearings. My mileage is abt 45000km or 28k miles. Tried tightening the wheel hub to the lug nuts but it didn't help.

Last edited by Reg84; 06-03-15 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Ticking/Clicking Noise from front passenger wheel when turning left?