GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Can't turn off GS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 10:16 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't turn off GS350

I hate my life. Should have never bought this car.

I can't turn my car off right now. I turn if off completely, and the navigation screen stays on. I go into the screen and turn it off, and the clock still stays on. Right now my Blackberry shows thats its still connected too. The car is still on (the clock should turn off). Has anyone seen this happen before. With the keyfob I cant even lock the doors, something is obviously FUBAR'D.

My battery will probably die tonight. I'm fed up with this car. The rattling, UGH. I've brought this car in soooo many times to be fixed. Now I can't even turn it off. WTF?

Never will I buy a lexus again,
Old 04-02-10, 10:29 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

just disconnect the negative terminal and get some rest dude
Old 04-03-10, 01:16 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude relax i know u get fed up with shiet but honestly ever car maker has they're problems. Its what u wanna give up for what it basiclly comes down to. Disconnect the negative terminal and take it into the dealer or better have it towed.
Old 04-03-10, 03:53 AM
LarryF
Rookie

Is the transmission in "Park" or did you accidentally leave it in "Drive"? This happens if you leave it in "Drive." If so, put it in "Park" and try to turn it off again. This just happened to me a few days ago, and the only reason I knew it was because my phone kept beeping as it connected and disconnected from the bluetooth.
Old 04-03-10, 04:00 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

I agree with Larry...that sounds like the problem. On the other hand, it should say shift to "P" or something similar on the display of the dash and if you didn't see that then maybe there is a real problem.
Old 04-03-10, 08:11 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

It's in park. I don't know what the hell could be the problem.

I was so mad last night. Went and got the car washed, took some friends out and when I go to park that happens. Had to drive home and get the Jetta.

Just sick of bringing this car in really. Paid so much doe for it and I've had the most problems with this car then any of the other much cheaper cars I've had in the past.

As soon as it began to get warmer here, a bunch of new rattles came back too. Just drives me crazy.

Wonder if my car will even start this morning. Also, towing the car does not sound like fun.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I know you guys feel my pain.
Old 04-03-10, 08:14 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Forgot to mention --

Few days ago in the pouring rain my windows decided to all go down to half way without me knowing it. Fun times having to clean that up. My *** still feels damp =(
Old 04-03-10, 08:41 AM
Xavier6162
Driver School Candidate

I think your car hates you. Had a scooter (Burgman 650) that hated me. Piglet was her name. Before she decided to become homicidal, I dump her heavy fat *** for a new petite sport bike. Now Life is good.
Old 04-03-10, 08:41 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow thats crazy,,,feel ur pain having issues with ur car
Old 04-03-10, 09:56 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear about your misfortunes buddy. these problems you are experiencing are in no way, shape or form a representation of lexus and i hope it does not deter you from buying another one in the future. is the car still under warranty? if so, then let this be the dealer's problem. if not, well, i hope you are still under warranty. but it sounds like some electrical issue, especially if the windows roll down on there own. best of luck w/this issue and let us know the outcome
Old 04-03-10, 11:07 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Tow trucks just grabbed it. I'm going to tell my dealership (Bay Ridge Lexus) I don't want it back until all my problems are fixed. These problems are:

Windows rolled down on their own during rain. Now my interior windows are getting moisture and it takes forever to defrost it.

Car would not turn off properly. Ignition is off but navigation remains on.

Key fobs not working

Dash rattles

Mirrors are not going back to the right position sometimes after driving in reverse

Sun roof rattles (might not even mention this one as I can live with it)

I've got until 2013 to pay the car off (finance). I'm starting to wonder if I can get a deal on a new car at say BMW. Perhaps trade this in and not end up with much different payments. I'm sure it won't be easy as I probably need to pay it all off.

I just took a picture of it on the tow truck, kinda cool looking. Would post it here if I knew how.
Old 04-03-10, 11:17 AM
wuzzy
Driver

Windows rolled down on their own during rain
Does the unlock button on the key fob roll the windows down when you hold it for a couple of seconds?
Old 04-03-10, 11:28 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you got a

you can always do this
http://www.surrey.police.uk/images/g...20on%20fire%20[iStock_4273640].jpg
so you can get this

and then you can buy this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw76XFYDXUk
Old 04-03-10, 11:35 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Not sure about the unlock button doing that on the keyfob, but the windows were half way and I certainly didn't leave them or press that button during the rainstorm.
Old 04-03-10, 12:16 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

if all your windows went down 1/2 way, someone pressed and held the unlock button on the fob for a few seconds, that is what rolls the windows down. I think it also opens the sunroof. if you got the interior wet, there could certainly be a short in the wiring at this point to cause your car not to turn off.

Quick Reply: Can't turn off GS350