GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The acceleration problem just happened to me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 03:02 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the update??? what did the dealer find?
Old 04-06-10, 04:21 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Pedal to the METAL.......LEAD FOOT....

Old 04-06-10, 04:53 PM
LexFather

I took my floor mats out and my carpet and cut a whole to the floor so if anything happens I can stop the car with my feet.

Terrorists, Anthrax, Toyota, Bad movie sequels....I will move to a cave
Old 04-06-10, 04:58 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Yabadaba Stoooooop
Old 04-06-10, 05:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike that's HYBRID at its best with foot power. What kind of MPG do you get?
Old 04-06-10, 05:13 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

on a good day....you have posi-traction (4 feet)
Old 04-06-10, 06:06 PM
dadoody
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would like an update when you have one.

Never had any issue like this with my GS. Last Sunday, I thought my car was having issues when it started shaking suddenly. I thought the engine must have been idling super rough because the car just kept shaking. It stopped after a minute.

I was dreading going to the dealership to find out what was wrong - turns out it was an earthquake going on nearby. Mexicali or some border place.
Old 04-07-10, 11:38 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

only issue I have is once or twice it didn't want to lock. A few of those times my mom left her key in the car. I were able to by pass it by pressing the lock on my key. Two days ago she had her key with her and yet the car refuse to lock, it did when I press the lock on my key but I wonder why the handle button were unable to lock.

========= Update =========

I just saw this http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...&postcount=888

Last edited by worker; 04-07-10 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-07-10, 08:32 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by worker
only issue I have is once or twice it didn't want to lock. A few of those times my mom left her key in the car. I were able to by pass it by pressing the lock on my key. Two days ago she had her key with her and yet the car refuse to lock, it did when I press the lock on my key but I wonder why the handle button were unable to lock.

========= Update =========

I just saw this http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...&postcount=888
Haha they rather put a million dollars at risk then actually there name. Lets see if anyone actually wins.
Old 04-09-10, 10:12 PM
kbeli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
...so from legal stand point that's the latest stand...
Not to be argumentative but I have to disagree with your statement. I live in San Diego and have followed the story almost religiously. I drive by the intersection where the accident took place fairly frequently and always pause for a second to reflect.

Other than the Lexus (factory) report I know of no such report that conclusively states the floor mat was the sole proximate cause of the accident, not the CHP, not the NHTSA. I do know that Bob Baker Lexus (the dealer that loaned the vehicle) is emphatically claiming it was not the floor mat (and thus releasing them from liability).

Im not saying it was a stuck accelerator or a software glitch, but the floor mat scenario has always been a tough swallow for me.
Old 04-10-10, 01:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I dont buy the floor mat explanation either.
Old 04-10-10, 03:28 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Now, get this:

This mornnig I stopped a chick in I-5 for going 88 MPH in a 65 zone, (I am a state trooper) in the right lane on a 3 lanes portion, in heavy traffic, talking on the cell phone (recently banned in OR). Her license was suspended for 30 days two weeks ago for having too many tickets.

Her excuse: "Oh, my gas pedal got stuck".

Did I mention that she was driving a '97 Toyota RAV4?
Old 04-11-10, 09:02 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kbeli
Not to be argumentative but I have to disagree with your statement. I live in San Diego and have followed the story almost religiously. I drive by the intersection where the accident took place fairly frequently and always pause for a second to reflect.

Other than the Lexus (factory) report I know of no such report that conclusively states the floor mat was the sole proximate cause of the accident, not the CHP, not the NHTSA. I do know that Bob Baker Lexus (the dealer that loaned the vehicle) is emphatically claiming it was not the floor mat (and thus releasing them from liability).
Im not saying it was a stuck accelerator or a software glitch, but the floor mat scenario has always been a tough swallow for me.
If this report is correct http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...h-had-earlier/ of the floor mat then Bob Barker Lexus is on the hook.
Also, from the report:
"The investigation found that the loaner car’s mat was about 2 inches longer than the one intended for that model and was made for the 2005-09 Lexus RX 400H sport utility vehicle.
In a nondriving test at the dealership by investigators, the same type of mat was placed in a Lexus ES 350 and the pedal, when pushed down, became entrapped."
Old 04-11-10, 09:02 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Now, get this:

This mornnig I stopped a chick in I-5 for going 88 MPH in a 65 zone, (I am a state trooper) in the right lane on a 3 lanes portion, in heavy traffic, talking on the cell phone (recently banned in OR). Her license was suspended for 30 days two weeks ago for having too many tickets.

That is just ridiculous.
Old 04-11-10, 09:13 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Now, get this:

88 while on a cell phone with a suspended license. Did you throw her in Jail?

Quick Reply: The acceleration problem just happened to me!!!