GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Headlights aimed too low

Old 03-01-10, 04:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by bs0dxi
yea but its so friggin confusing. I followed the instruction here - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...correct-2.html and even bought a 10" screwdriver and got nowhere. I even found both A and B screws, turned them both and nothing happened. I even tried with headlights on. Anyway, the car is at dealership as we speak for lexus to adjust for me..
like I said .........

when I had mine done by the dealership they said they had to turn the screw a million times to get the level to change by a hair. I don't think its as direct as you think. Bottom line is thats it not super simple. Adjusting the headlight on my civic was simple, the GS not so much
Old 03-01-10, 04:29 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

yea but its so friggin confusing. I followed the instruction here - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...correct-2.html and even bought a 10" screwdriver and got nowhere. I even found both A and B screws, turned them both and nothing happened. I even tried with headlights on. Anyway, the car is at dealership as we speak for lexus to adjust for me..
it's quite simple actually.. just use a flash light to guide yourself. look through the hole and you will see the metal notches that you can adjust with your screwdriver. kinda goes in there with a slope, not perpendicular.. the headlight must be on. turn clock or counterclock wise and you will see the bubble in gauge moving or look at the wall and see if the headlight goes up and down.. dealer setting is way too low if you ask me.
Old 03-01-10, 04:39 PM
bs0dxi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn thats crazy, I8.This issue really points back to lexus - why are they being so courteous at our expense? We need to see safely at night too. In fact, the headlight that I am having to adjust was completely replaced 1 month ago, and they purposedly installed it pointed downward. I see BMWs and Audis with both lights pointed perfectly straight and here we are having to worry about oncoming drivers? Screw that.
Old 03-01-10, 07:49 PM
vladbph
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
like I said .........

when I had mine done by the dealership they said they had to turn the screw a million times to get the level to change by a hair. I don't think its as direct as you think. Bottom line is thats it not super simple. Adjusting the headlight on my civic was simple, the GS not so much
Dont know what's difficult about it. Took me 5 min to adjust.
Old 03-01-10, 08:15 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by vladbph
Dont know what's difficult about it. Took me 5 min to adjust.
How did you do it? I tried the other day and it took me forever and it didnt seem like the bubble was even moving so I gave up.
Old 03-01-10, 11:40 PM
sagikun
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
actually its not that simple. The angle is odd and the screw driver has to be long. Let a mechanic handle it during service. don't waste your time
agree. very weird angle
Old 03-02-10, 08:06 PM
vladbph
Pole Position

Originally Posted by energie8
How did you do it? I tried the other day and it took me forever and it didnt seem like the bubble was even moving so I gave up.
It was awhile ago...just search. There is a thread with instructions and pictures.
Old 03-02-10, 10:30 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

It is a super simple adjustment, any 3GS in the riverside area, come by and I will do it for you, takes 5 mins
Old 03-03-10, 02:54 AM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Video link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ern-video.html
Old 03-03-10, 05:07 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Took out my bulb and when I put it back the aim of my headlight was WAAAYYYY low. And what's weird is the bubbles for both headlights are the same, now I wonder if I can trust that bubble at all. Anyway, I need to get that long screw driver and see if I can adjust it myself.

Last edited by worker; 03-03-10 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-03-10, 01:56 PM
bs0dxi
Driver

I got my car back yesterday from the dealership...goddamn! it's a huge difference! if you are having problems just bring it to the dealer. my driver side is now perfect.
Old 03-03-10, 04:52 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I got my car back yesterday from the dealership...goddamn! it's a huge difference! if you are having problems just bring it to the dealer. my driver side is now perfect.
How much was it
Old 03-03-10, 07:11 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 51 Posts

I ajusted mine and now my AFS don't move much.Not noticeable.I had a loaner RX350 2010 today and the AFS move way more then mine.Any of you have this problem?
Old 03-04-10, 06:24 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I see what U guy mean not moving much. I crank that bitc like crazy and it moved by a hair. LOL

Anyway, last night I take a look at my bulb and saw that it wasn't in correctly. The notch was wrong. I had to unscrew the tiny screw to remove the clip. Anyway, put everything back correctly and now it aim a little high. I gonna readjust it tonight. Can't see the light during the day.

The bubbles, they r junk.
Old 03-04-10, 03:42 PM
bs0dxi
Driver

Originally Posted by energie8
How much was it
its a free service. just tell the dealership that its a safety issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlights aimed too low