GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

rain sensing wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 12:33 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The cluster glass mode has nothing to do with the wipers. It is the sensitivity to the auto-tinting glass (Optitron or something?) on the instrument cluster, regarding the perceived "glare" from the light sensors on the car as well as the brightness of the back lighting.

I leave mine on Auto-Norm and don't think much of it. The different modes don't have any staggering affects, especially after I had my car tinted. The tint on the rear window obscures the light from the sensor under the brake light making it less sensitive to outside lighting changes.
Old 01-18-10, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
The cluster glass mode has nothing to do with the wipers. It is the sensitivity to the auto-tinting glass (Optitron or something?) on the instrument cluster, regarding the perceived "glare" from the light sensors on the car as well as the brightness of the back lighting.

I leave mine on Auto-Norm and don't think much of it. The different modes don't have any staggering affects, especially after I had my car tinted. The tint on the rear window obscures the light from the sensor under the brake light making it less sensitive to outside lighting changes.
oh that's what it's for? umm... ok, so that's not the one. anything else from the drop down menu to try?
Old 01-18-10, 12:53 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
oh that's what it's for? umm... ok, so that's not the one. anything else from the drop down menu to try?
I don't think so.

This is everything that's on mine...

There is nothing there regarding the wipers. Sun Shade, Parking Sensors, AFS, Instrument Panel Lighting/Tinting, Trip Controls, Mirror Controls (Spray, Fold, Adjust), and latch releases. I don't know what the blank spot is for. APSS?
Old 01-18-10, 12:54 PM
HomieG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Actually to adjust the sensitivity and not the interval you have to go to the "Drop down box" and there is a button you press that brings up a screen on the information display under the speedometer and it says something like "rain sensitivity".

I need to go to the car so I can be more specific.
Please do tell us more!
Old 01-18-10, 03:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I don't think so.

This is everything that's on mine...

There is nothing there regarding the wipers. Sun Shade, Parking Sensors, AFS, Instrument Panel Lighting/Tinting, Trip Controls, Mirror Controls (Spray, Fold, Adjust), and latch releases. I don't know what the blank spot is for. APSS?
that's all i have as well

the empty button no one knows for sure what it's for. apsss doesn't have a control i think?
Old 01-18-10, 07:54 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that's all i have as well

the empty button no one knows for sure what it's for. apsss doesn't have a control i think?
APSSS switch is in the center console along with the ECT and Power suspension switches. In my car that empty spot has a switch, but I can't remember what it is. I can check when I get home Thursday night, if I remember!
Old 01-18-10, 08:17 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
APSSS switch is in the center console along with the ECT and Power suspension switches. In my car that empty spot has a switch, but I can't remember what it is. I can check when I get home Thursday night, if I remember!
take a picture of it and post up! i wanna see how the apsss switch looks like!
Old 01-19-10, 06:48 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ it's in the middle arm rest.
Old 01-19-10, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by worker
^ it's in the middle arm rest.
so it's like an on/off switch?
Old 01-19-10, 08:57 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

so it's like an on/off switch?
Yes it is an on-off switch in the center console. It goes to the left of the Sport/Normal suspension switch.
Old 01-19-10, 09:39 AM
LexFather

Yes it is an on-off switch in the center console. It goes to the left of the Sport/Normal suspension switch.
Wow, didn't know that. Would like to see pics too.

Damn, I was way off. Thanks.
Old 01-19-10, 09:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

i could of swore someone mentioned what that other blank button spot was for in another thread. i think it was in the thread the k.w.c. made and was doing something to that drop down box.
Old 01-19-10, 11:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Wow, didn't know that. Would like to see pics too.

Damn, I was way off. Thanks.
lol ok mike, now everyone is holding you responsible for their wiper speed

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
i could of swore someone mentioned what that other blank button spot was for in another thread. i think it was in the thread the k.w.c. made and was doing something to that drop down box.
i think it was about the hid / led foglights, and people were asking if the blank button is there for the led drl

that's the only time i remember reading about it
Old 01-19-10, 11:41 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

i didnt wanna sounds crazy when i first posted so thank you henry for mentioning hid/led fogs because i believe someone mentioned that was an option over in japan for the fogs and thats what that button was for.
Old 01-19-10, 12:19 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

It's interesting I have the opposite issue. In light rain it doesn't wipe often enough.
The rain sensing wipers are speed depended too. I think Lexus program the wiper too unresponsive in stop and slow speed.

Quick Reply: rain sensing wipers