GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS 350 Programmer, Tuner, ECU thingy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-14, 02:21 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not worth the effort, IMO. Yeah you may be able to squeeze out a few more HP, but is it really going to transform the car?

Nope.
Old 04-06-14, 05:30 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to think they did a pretty good job of tuning this motor and with 2 sets of injectors along with high conpression it's not going to be a simple tune for your average dude in his garage trying to tune his catback exhaust and k&n filter lol.
Old 04-06-14, 05:36 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

What Schexus said.... Don't forget these cars are tuned around fuel economy for a good reason, I'd say you'd gain some good RWHP out of a good tune.

GL to you if you ever try, but don't cry if your ECU is unusable lol, I've read that someone sent theirs out and Lexus apparently has a fault switch, which fries the ECU if you've tried TOO TOO many times.
Old 04-06-14, 09:45 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
What Schexus said.... Don't forget these cars are tuned around fuel economy for a good reason, I'd say you'd gain some good RWHP out of a good tune.
I don't know maybe I'm an idiot, but it seems like your two statements contradict each other. I could see if you said that our cars run rich and therefore could be leaned out for more power but how are you going to make more power by richening up the mixture without adding more air as well?
Old 04-07-14, 01:45 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
I don't know maybe I'm an idiot, but it seems like your two statements contradict each other. I could see if you said that our cars run rich and therefore could be leaned out for more power but how are you going to make more power by richening up the mixture without adding more air as well?
What I meant by my contradicting statement, is in order to keep within regulation specifications of our government, our cars are tuned more towards fuel economy (hence my statement about it being for good reason). I also said, with a proper tune, you can get a good HP gain out of the engine.

You're by no means an idiot, it's probably my bad wording, apologize for that .

Tuning doesn't involve just air and fuel, it also involves the ignition system, VVT, etc. etc.

I believe the heads on the 2GR-FSE's are built to flow really well also!

My buddy a while back, threw up a mapping of the 2GR-FSE, the blueprint schematics of it and basically if the ECU is unlocked, there's plenty of potential in the engine.

The same went when he stumbled across info on my 3uz .