GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Chip

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-09, 02:33 PM
frotiss
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chip

Guys is there a performance chip for the GS350 I am looking to upgrade my horse power
Old 10-26-09, 05:55 PM
LexFather

Nope. The ECU is pretty much impossible to crack. Adding an exhaust/intake won't help much if any either.
Old 10-26-09, 08:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The ECU is crackable. I know of a shop in Scottsdale that can probably make some nice changes. At least they can for 90% of the cars I have seen there. When there is a will there is a way. I drove my last car from AZ to LA to get my ECU retuned at a shop called Technosquare. There is no such thing as an uncrackable ECU. There is just thew problem that nobody has bothered to crack, tune it, and test it like Technosquare does for Nissan / Infiniti platforms
Old 10-27-09, 10:40 AM
frotiss
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks anyone ever do a Dino to see how much horse power gain
Old 10-27-09, 11:31 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The ECU is crackable. I know of a shop in Scottsdale that can probably make some nice changes. At least they can for 90% of the cars I have seen there. When there is a will there is a way. I drove my last car from AZ to LA to get my ECU retuned at a shop called Technosquare. There is no such thing as an uncrackable ECU. There is just thew problem that nobody has bothered to crack, tune it, and test it like Technosquare does for Nissan / Infiniti platforms
I have dealt with Lexus mods for over a decade...the ECU is near impossible to crack. The new ones no one has cracked it. We even had someone claim they could crack the IS-F ECU and they didn't.

The new generation of ECUs coming are going to be pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to crack. With high compression anyway, it won't net you much gains.

That is partly why people love pre OBDII Lexus cars when they want to add forced induction.
Old 10-27-09, 10:03 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I have dealt with Lexus mods for over a decade...the ECU is near impossible to crack. The new ones no one has cracked it. We even had someone claim they could crack the IS-F ECU and they didn't.

The new generation of ECUs coming are going to be pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to crack. With high compression anyway, it won't net you much gains.

That is partly why people love pre OBDII Lexus cars when they want to add forced induction.
Question, since they are not crackable... are they adaptative to the environment like say, an m3 or possibly an m5's ecu? those ecu's are adaptative in a way that they retune themselves to run with whatever setup you have, within reason of course... like say spraying a 25-shot or a 50-shot of nitrous, hence the reason why it's soo hard to keep a tune on the m3's for soo long(the e46 anyways)
Old 10-27-09, 10:53 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is very interesting........I would want more information about it.
Old 10-28-09, 12:09 AM
XxGoKoUxX

i actually seem to recall passnu running an apexi Neo on his GS430, but that only lasted a little while because i stalked him and somewhere he claimed it threw CELs?
Old 10-28-09, 08:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Question, since they are not crackable... are they adaptative to the environment like say, an m3 or possibly an m5's ecu? those ecu's are adaptative in a way that they retune themselves to run with whatever setup you have, within reason of course... like say spraying a 25-shot or a 50-shot of nitrous, hence the reason why it's soo hard to keep a tune on the m3's for soo long(the e46 anyways)
that's part of the reason. the other part is just the ecu is very hard to crack to begin with

anyone who thinks really hacking the ecu (and i mean really, meaning having a long term hp / tq gain), please do feel free to try and prove. i have been in lexus scene for 7 yrs and i have read a lot. i have yet to see a real crack on lexus ecu. a lot of have claimed so, none has proven so.
Old 10-28-09, 10:05 AM
XxGoKoUxX

thanks for the insight rominl and 1sicklex =]

i've been meaning to ask this question, just never had the ***** because i figured it's buried somewhere deep in the archives that my question as been answered
Old 10-28-09, 10:10 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you want to mod a lexus anyway. Many perceive a lexus as a "soft" type of car that cant withstand aggressive driving. Everytime I take about anything mod related, everyone starts laughing since I have a "lexus" -,-
Old 10-28-09, 10:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
thanks for the insight rominl and 1sicklex =]

i've been meaning to ask this question, just never had the ***** because i figured it's buried somewhere deep in the archives that my question as been answered
it's been a "frustrating" problem for a lot of tuners and owners obviously. my first lexus was 1998 gs400 and i got it in 2002, at that time lexus had been out for more than 10 yrs and still no one had really cracked the ecu to retune the timing, throttle, mapping, etc... i am talking about reflashing the stock ecu or some kind of true piggyback.

fast forward another 7 yrs till now, i still have yet to see a true results being available. in fact i have seen a lot of failure cases, where some people claim they can do, and they disappear over time or admit later it didn't work

of course, one can always completely take out the stock ecu and put in an aftermarket standalone and configure everything. that's doable, and how some of the tuned lexus are done. stock system is very hard to crack, a lot of people can't figure out exactly what's going on. and at the same time stock system has a complicated feedback subsystem that "correct" itself when necessary, throwing codes and/or retuning itself to compensate.

a lot of other company's ecu are cracked, amg cars, bmw turbo cars, new m3, etc... but lexus, it's still one mystery
Old 10-28-09, 09:46 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by Rider
Why would you want to mod a lexus anyway. Many perceive a lexus as a "soft" type of car that cant withstand aggressive driving. Everytime I take about anything mod related, everyone starts laughing since I have a "lexus" -,-
well.... the car's really not meant to go sideways, that's why your e-brake is a pedal vs a lever hahaha.... but if they didn't want you to go fast, they wouldn't put 300+ HP under our hoods

Originally Posted by rominl
it's been a "frustrating" problem for a lot of tuners and owners obviously. my first lexus was 1998 gs400 and i got it in 2002, at that time lexus had been out for more than 10 yrs and still no one had really cracked the ecu to retune the timing, throttle, mapping, etc... i am talking about reflashing the stock ecu or some kind of true piggyback.

fast forward another 7 yrs till now, i still have yet to see a true results being available. in fact i have seen a lot of failure cases, where some people claim they can do, and they disappear over time or admit later it didn't work

of course, one can always completely take out the stock ecu and put in an aftermarket standalone and configure everything. that's doable, and how some of the tuned lexus are done. stock system is very hard to crack, a lot of people can't figure out exactly what's going on. and at the same time stock system has a complicated feedback subsystem that "correct" itself when necessary, throwing codes and/or retuning itself to compensate.

a lot of other company's ecu are cracked, amg cars, bmw turbo cars, new m3, etc... but lexus, it's still one mystery
ohh.... jeez, i hope someday SOMETHING turns up!!! i mean if a amg car is crackable, a bmw ECU is crackable, a lexus should be too how else is there a dual S/C'd GS430 rolling around?
Old 10-28-09, 11:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

a lot of the FI cars are on standalone ecu's
Old 10-29-09, 09:00 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by rominl
a lot of the FI cars are on standalone ecu's
ohh yeah, i forgot about that! i dont think i want my gs sounding like a cammed out LS1 on startup, i use to hate having to wait there for startup enrichments to kick in on the turbo car =[ everyone in the parking lot use to think my car was broken with that slight hint of smoke coming out