GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Mark Levinson CD changer problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-13, 04:51 PM
Mrstlarkin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The single cd player in dash works but I don't know how to operate the cd changer in console. Help please!
Old 09-17-13, 09:03 PM
Dasvede
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Running into problem with cd changer in dash

Originally Posted by Mrstlarkin
The single cd player in dash works but I don't know how to operate the cd changer in console. Help please!
A week ago my audio went completely out (am, fm, cd, aux, tape), but navigation and Bluetooth work. I have the mark levinson audio system in my 2007 ES 350, looked at all the posts and thought it was the amp. Pulled the amp, sent it to united radio and it tested fine there. They suggested that it might be the mute wire in the harness and to clip it....problem is that when I reinstalled the amp (I haven't traced the mute lead yet), but now there is no power to my cd unit - I've got 6 CDs in the dash changer and can't pull them out....the load/eject buttons aren't working now....they were before I pulled the amp out. Since the head unit communicates with the amp, it shows AM, FM, AUX, and tape, but is not recognizing the cd portion of the unit. Does this sound like a wiring harness issue or is there a grander problem with the head unit? Any suggestions?
Old 09-18-13, 01:23 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

To start, you're in the wrong forum, and to finish... Welcome to CL!

Please refer to: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350-2007-2012-180/

I'm not sure if you used the CL search function, but good job on doing that! Some of us get lazy and like to start up more topics, cluttering up the forums.
Old 09-26-13, 10:13 AM
inasser30
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2007 ES350 and our CD does not work. Cannot remove the CDs and nothing works. However, radio is operational.
Old 09-26-13, 11:08 AM
inasser30
Driver School Candidate

I cannot remove any of the CDs in the system. Load/reload does not work. Basically it is all non functional.
Old 09-30-13, 09:22 AM
Dasvede
Driver School Candidate

Smile Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
To start, you're in the wrong forum, and to finish... Welcome to CL!

Please refer to: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350-2007-2012-180/

I'm not sure if you used the CL search function, but good job on doing that! Some of us get lazy and like to start up more topics, cluttering up the forums.
Thanks for the heads up and sorry if I cluttered up this thread. New to the site and it's not the most user friendly, but appreciate your directing me to the right area. Cheers!
Old 09-19-14, 03:49 PM
rubes
Driver School Candidate

Default Toslink Cable \ S/PDIF cable needs cleaning

Ive had the same issue. The dealer, has tried and replaced the headunit and amp, but I was able to find the answer myself by going through the forums.

The Mark Levinson system is touted as having a direct digital path to the headunit to the amp, so there are two connections to the ML amp in the trunk, A regular analog connection (radio, XM) in the harness and a toslink connection (fiber optic for the CD/DVD player). So when you drive around and don't hear anything with the CD player going, the track time goes up, you can switch disks, and navigate around but don't hear sound. I'll take some pics where the S/PDIF connector is in the trunk, but try cleaning it with compressed air and a qtip. If its not that side, its behind the headunit.
Old 03-28-15, 08:43 AM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubes
Ive had the same issue. The dealer, has tried and replaced the headunit and amp, but I was able to find the answer myself by going through the forums.

The Mark Levinson system is touted as having a direct digital path to the headunit to the amp, so there are two connections to the ML amp in the trunk, A regular analog connection (radio, XM) in the harness and a toslink connection (fiber optic for the CD/DVD player). So when you drive around and don't hear anything with the CD player going, the track time goes up, you can switch disks, and navigate around but don't hear sound. I'll take some pics where the S/PDIF connector is in the trunk, but try cleaning it with compressed air and a qtip. If its not that side, its behind the headunit.
Im having the same problem. I dont have a GS but i think this applies as well. I think this could be the problem.. I am going to check behind the headunit and report back. Thanks a lot!
Old 04-15-15, 03:22 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I unplugged the optical cable from the amp side in the trunk and plugged it back in and audio works fine once again from CDs and DVDs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9001833
Old 07-24-17, 08:21 PM
ZR1
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

My GS cd changer refused to play or even acknowledge the CDs. When I press the CD option, it shows "No CD" message on the screen and I have 6 CDs in it which I have been listing to for months. What could be the issue here?