GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Custom installed passport 9500ci radar detector and laser jammer

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 01:16 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Custom installed passport 9500ci radar detector and Laser Interceptor Quad

I recently got a passport 9500ci and a Laser Interceptor Quad custom installed in the GS. It integrates really nicely and works great. The system has radar detection (as sensitive as a V1 based on my tests), laser jamming (effective combined with Veil), and uses a hidden GPS sensor to provide you warnings for traffic cameras and blockout falses. It also has a voice module, so the alerts can be heard as announcements, e.g. "Ka band detected", or "Front Jamming sequence initiated, Kustom Prolaser 3, please slow down"

Radar antenna (center of lower air dam) and front laser jammers (corners of lower air dam)

Two rear laser jammers mounted at the top corners of the license plate frame.

Display in mirror to indicate warnings, signal strength and programming menus

Green LED above the speedometer (it is dead centered but camera angle makes it look off). This indicates the system is on. It flashes red when laser or radar is detected. Provides line of sight warning so you don't need to look in mirror. Great when combined with audio warnings and announcements.

Coin compartment contains the controller (left controller for Passport system, right controller for Laser Interceptor system)

Coin compartment folds away as normal

There is also a retractable USB cable in the footwell which I can use to update the system with new speedtraps every Monday.

Last edited by *Batman*; 01-02-11 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-13-09, 01:20 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow, very nice and discrete. I dont think I have ever seen something this elaborate. There was a recent thread on the mirror integration but this whole thing is very nice. what did the install on this run you for curiosity.....
Old 09-13-09, 01:25 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
Wow, very nice and discrete. I dont think I have ever seen something this elaborate. There was a recent thread on the mirror integration but this whole thing is very nice. what did the install on this run you for curiosity.....
$2200 for parts and labor but not including sales tax for the 9500ci and another $1400 for the Laser Interceptor Quad.

Last edited by *Batman*; 10-06-11 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-13-09, 01:27 PM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i have to say nice setup lol really dont want those tickets do u
Old 09-13-09, 03:12 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You must be a speedy gonzalez. Haha
Old 09-13-09, 03:17 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
$2200 for parts and labor but not including sales tax.
wow! hope Passport pays for any and all tickets that you may still get for the life of the product. Are laser jammers legal?

that install looks great though...very professional and discrete.
Old 09-13-09, 03:32 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

That actually does look very professional......now you get me thinking about getting a set.
Old 09-13-09, 03:47 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtrue28
wow! hope Passport pays for any and all tickets that you may still get for the life of the product. Are laser jammers legal?

that install looks great though...very professional and discrete.
Yes jammers are legal in Florida and in most states. The only exceptions are Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.

Passport doesn't pay for tickets. K40 does, but from all I have read, I don't think they're product is anywhere near as effective as this one.
Old 09-13-09, 04:31 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very impressive setup but way more than I would pay for detectors.
Old 09-13-09, 04:38 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea this is much nicer then my Custom mirror. I am just using a V1 with the mirror. This is to the next level. Who did your mirror? I assume its your OEM custom made? That is what I had done for my V1. I like it but mine displays the arrows on the mirror nothing on the dash.

Nicely done:thumbup"
Old 09-13-09, 04:59 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nicely done...best setup i have seen so far
Old 09-13-09, 06:09 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yea this is much nicer then my Custom mirror. I am just using a V1 with the mirror. This is to the next level. Who did your mirror? I assume its your OEM custom made? That is what I had done for my V1. I like it but mine displays the arrows on the mirror nothing on the dash.

Nicely done:thumbup"
It was done by the installer, Technicar. They took the existing OEM mirror, dismantled it, and then inserted the Passport display inside the mirror and put it back together. All the original mirror features still work perfectly (i.e. homelink, compass, and automatic dimming).

Last edited by *Batman*; 01-02-11 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-13-09, 09:58 PM
shahzad
Driver School Candidate

awsome set up, but man still be carfull i had a k40 set up just like that it honestly did not help me out with my speeding at all
Old 09-14-09, 12:28 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice clean setup. My friend was driving around with a laser jammer passing a highpatrol at maybe 75 in a 65 zone. Officer couldn't detect his speed still pulled him over told him i know u got a laser jammer. You have 2 options rip out the wires in front of me and ill let you go or i am towing you're car and having it checked at the police mechanic station for it. So honestly it is not legal you are basiclly taking money from the government because if everyone does this then who is gonna pay the high patrol and state troopers?
Old 09-14-09, 02:57 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shahzad
awsome set up, but man still be carfull i had a k40 set up just like that it honestly did not help me out with my speeding at all
Yes these tools are never foolproof because they only pick up radar or laser, and only jam laser. And also laser jammers aren't 100% effective - they buy you time to react. You always have some exposure to instant-on or pacing. That said the K40 was also offered by my Lexus dealer, but the reviews suggest it doesn't work that well. See this article...

http://radartest.com/article_2.asp?articleid=100584

Last edited by *Batman*; 09-14-09 at 04:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom installed passport 9500ci radar detector and laser jammer