GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 02:13 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You, know I do work on my own car up to a certain extent. Some things I would rather not do and would rather have it done right and by a professional. I took apart my headlights and cleared the corners in my TL. I wouldn't even come close to doing that in the RX, too many electrical stuff that could go wrong and it's the dealers *** if they screw up my car.

I've having my 3000GT engine work done by a perfromance shop, I may not get the feeling of accomplishment but I will get the satisfaction that it's done right.
Old 08-06-09, 03:32 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll make sure I don't post how much my install for my ssm's and nf's are going to cost me. my butt size is just fine where's it's at. i don't need any CL'ers chomping at my butt for what I spent on mods. my jeans won't fit if i tell and get flamed. but wait, maybe there's some mr. know-it-all that does butt repairs...butt-botox???
Old 08-06-09, 04:18 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by -the.k.w.c
ya if any of you guys live up in edmonton alberta ill give you a hand with what ever i can
good man!! I do the same in Chicago...have actually had a few from WI and IN drive to let me help them out

I would like to hear this if you can get video. Video of the IS350 will not be the same since the part is different for them.
Old 08-06-09, 04:41 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BKE420
I'll make sure I don't post how much my install for my ssm's and nf's are going to cost me. my butt size is just fine where's it's at. i don't need any CL'ers chomping at my butt for what I spent on mods. my jeans won't fit if i tell and get flamed. but wait, maybe there's some mr. know-it-all that does butt repairs...butt-botox???

ROFL,
Old 08-06-09, 04:48 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CometVR4
You, know I do work on my own car up to a certain extent. Some things I would rather not do and would rather have it done right and by a professional. I took apart my headlights and cleared the corners in my TL. I wouldn't even come close to doing that in the RX, too many electrical stuff that could go wrong and it's the dealers *** if they screw up my car.

I've having my 3000GT engine work done by a perfromance shop, I may not get the feeling of accomplishment but I will get the satisfaction that it's done right.
LOL, this isn't the first I've heard or a "Professional" shop doing work. Anyone can open a shop and call themselves pros. I've seen it all, from the best shops doing half *** jobs to the worse shops doing the best. Since you hired a "professional" to do the work, I assume that you checked to see if they were ASE certified and so on right?

There are leaders and then there are followers at the end of the day.
Old 08-06-09, 05:07 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

im not flaming him for it, just saying, he could have saved that money and done it himself very easily. nor did i say i was a know it all, but it's not very hard to look up in the owners manual how to clear the tire pressure light and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how to remove dust from a piece of fabric. I suppose i just expected people that have the money to buy a lexus to be smart enough to figure out simple things like that. Silly me.
Old 08-06-09, 05:26 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Iocca...dude i wasn't nor did i intend to take a shot at you. i didn't mention your name/sig. in the post. it was "all" of the bashing I8 was taking just for giving feedback on the intake system. it quickly went from "analysis" to why the "f" did you pay someone to do it? that's all.

"I suppose i just expected people that have the money to buy a lexus to be smart enough to figure out simple things like that." you can spin that 2 ways....if you can afford a lex...then you can afford to pay someone to do your mods. pay to play.

bottom line bro...nothing personal. (this is a weird *** day...got into with my bro about visiting my dad...i swear it was the full moon.)
Old 08-06-09, 05:42 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Iocca...dude i wasn't nor did i intend to take a shot at you. i didn't mention your name/sig. in the post. it was "all" of the bashing I8 was taking just for giving feedback on the intake system. it quickly went from "analysis" to why the "f" did you pay someone to do it? that's all.

"I suppose i just expected people that have the money to buy a lexus to be smart enough to figure out simple things like that." you can spin that 2 ways....if you can afford a lex...then you can afford to pay someone to do your mods. pay to play.

bottom line bro...nothing personal. (this is a weird *** day...got into with my bro about visiting my dad...i swear it was the full moon.)
understood, sorry for the misunderstanding.

"you can spin that 2 ways....if you can afford a lex...then you can afford to pay someone to do your mods. pay to play" yeah i suppose, but he has also said he is saving up for other mods in other threads, but i was referring more towards the silly posts that require very little common sense to figure out.
Old 08-06-09, 05:56 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahaha, dont mean to laugh at you but thats funny. F-Sport Intake ftl....
Old 08-06-09, 06:21 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
LOL, this isn't the first I've heard or a "Professional" shop doing work. Anyone can open a shop and call themselves pros. I've seen it all, from the best shops doing half *** jobs to the worse shops doing the best. Since you hired a "professional" to do the work, I assume that you checked to see if they were ASE certified and so on right?

There are leaders and then there are followers at the end of the day.

Yes they are ASE cert. But I also checked to see if they worked on similar vehicles. When it comes to turbo upgrading and tuning it is beyond my skill level.

I do most of the work on my TL myself but on occasion I'll drop it off at the dealer. Sometimes my schedule doesn't allow me the time to do it when the maintenance minder tells me. I certainly don't feel like any less of a man either.
Old 08-06-09, 06:54 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Come on guys
Old 08-06-09, 06:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
You are a mechanic arent you??? Mechanics do that kind of work not doctors usually, so I would say the right guy with the right skills did the job I would bet there are many other things I do in my field a million times better than a mechanic would. I bet you most of us who are not mechanics are actually having our parts installed by... get this.... mechanics ( insanity). My time is worth to much to me ( and my patients) to not pay the 90 dollars and have the thing installed in a small amount of time by a mechanic when doing my routine service than to sit over a motor and take probably close to 2 hours to do the same work to save 90 dollars?? Thats just being cheap IMHO,and kind of irrational assuming your time is worth as much as mine .

I have the sway bars because there are no options and the intake was on sale and could be done with my needed oil change so chill out. If I was you I would at least look into the sway bars.
Chill dude. We have a lot of kids on the site who don't have good manners.
You don't have to explain yourself to anyone...unless you want to.
I grew up working on cars with my grandad but after I started buying luxury cars (Mercedes, Infiniti and Lexus) I pay to have everything done. That's what I choose. I don't care what others say. I've seen guys DIY and end up screwed. I's rather pay and if it's wrong, they have to fix it on their own dime.
If I or a shadetree mechanic does something, I'm paying twice if it's screwed up. DOn't sweat these kids.
Old 08-06-09, 08:50 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Totally agree Ice and Mike ur right lets stop this

Hey lets show a little more respect to one another. You can disagree with someone's mod, method or whatever but do it constructively. I for one have enjoyed the new friends that I have made and the experiences they have shared. Iocca (anthony) so what if someone wants to ask a question on here that maybe u and I know where to get the answer. Let them ask man but don't say it's ridiculous (you might as well say it's stupid). I always tell my son there is no such thing as a stupid question because if he thinks that then he'll be afraid to ask. A forum should be a place where you can ask a question. If other forums are more argumentative and insulting then let them animals argue their time away Guys life is to short to be squabbling or trying to prove who is more manly because they do or don't do their own installs.
thank you for your time!

Now you can flame me if you want But I got nuttin but love for u'all

RG
Old 08-06-09, 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

back on topic please
Old 08-07-09, 11:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I got on it today on an empty road that twisted through some hills near my house and I have to say all I hear is the exhaust until 3500 rpm and then it goes silent. Still disappointing. I think I am done with mods to my car.
Attached Thumbnails WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all-img_0013.jpg  

Quick Reply: WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all