GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

If you want to debage the rear...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-09, 02:25 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default If you want to debage the rear...

Here are pics of what you would need to do.

I am going to keep the L logo only and I had mine custom painted black. You have options to your taste. I will post pics once I get the stuff from my buddy this week and post back.

Old 07-18-09, 02:32 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn holes, I want to debadge too
Old 07-18-09, 02:32 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man I wish there were no hole like my IS300 it makes everything so much easier. So you going to get them filled and then repaint the trunk?
Old 07-18-09, 03:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

lower ones will get filled this week...L logo I am going to keep.

I was going to have nothing but the rear looks funny with the size/shape with out the L.

I will post pics next weekend once I have it done and the other parts that where painted.
Old 07-18-09, 03:42 PM
LexFather

Nice, thanks....
There is a thread where someone debadged and filled the holes...
KayGee's rear

kuch123

TXpformance

Last edited by LexFather; 07-18-09 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-18-09, 04:09 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ ya I saw that but wanted to post where the holes where if anyone wanted to see. I didnt see any pics of a before...

you know what is really funny...

The left side is the Lexus emblem. Its all one piece. The right side mine where all separate...so why they have holes on that side has me
Old 07-18-09, 04:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ ya I saw that but wanted to post where the holes where if anyone wanted to see. I didnt see any pics of a before...

The left side is the Lexus emblem. Its all one piece. The right side mine where all separate...so why they have holes on that side has me
Whats funny is earlier Lexus had the badges with holes, then they went to stick ones and now back to badges with holes. Somehow it much be more cost effective?
Old 07-18-09, 05:24 PM
HomieG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2

When the logo is new, it comes taped to a thin piece of cardboard on the outside of the letters spaced evenly, and holds them there until the back is peeled off and put on the car. Two of the letters have the pins that line up with those holes. Peel the covering off the adhesive, align to the holes, then pull the cardboard and voila, evenly spaces model emblem.

How do I know, I RE-badged my GS300 after purchased without the emblems. Some like the emblems, and some do not.
Old 07-18-09, 05:58 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just bondo and touch up.

I think it would be cooler to leave the lexus letters, and add an Fsport emblem.

i can't believe they don't sell them?
Old 07-18-09, 06:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Whats funny is earlier Lexus had the badges with holes, then they went to stick ones and now back to badges with holes. Somehow it much be more cost effective?
it saves workers 30 seconds each car.

that translates into 500,000 cars x 30 seconds x 1/3600 hrs/sec x $25/hour =

A WHOPPING $104,166 SAVED PER YEAR!!!
Old 07-18-09, 08:40 PM
LexFather

Wait so Mike, they have glue as well? How will u re-attach, using adhesive again?
Old 07-18-09, 08:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by HomieG
When the logo is new, it comes taped to a thin piece of cardboard on the outside of the letters spaced evenly, and holds them there until the back is peeled off and put on the car. Two of the letters have the pins that line up with those holes. Peel the covering off the adhesive, align to the holes, then pull the cardboard and voila, evenly spaces model emblem.

How do I know, I RE-badged my GS300 after purchased without the emblems. Some like the emblems, and some do not.
Thanks. So the new logos come with adhesive?
Old 07-18-09, 10:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think it looks good, but it does remind me of the guys back in the day with the smaller motors in their German cars who would take off the badging so people didnt know it was the model with the smaller motor.

PS. I am loving the color of your car
Old 07-19-09, 02:08 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice i wanna debadge my gs350 badge and put the f sport equip in its place
Old 07-19-09, 04:38 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Wait so Mike, they have glue as well? How will u re-attach, using adhesive again?
I got new ones to replace all of them and also had them painted. I changed my mind once I took them off to not put anything. The more I looked at the car I think it needs the L logo and I will be happy with nothing on the bottom. This was also less since that bottom piece is separate and less to paint/cover up. Gytis suggested to not do it since my car has never been painted and it made me think a little more about it. I plan to try to make it this week to get everything and hopefully install be next weekend. Its harder now with a new born and keeping up with everything

I really dont think it would be worth it to reuse the old ones IMO. Better to just spend the few $$ and get a new set.

Quick Reply: If you want to debage the rear...