GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

HELP!!! GS430 Changed Brakes "CHECK VSC" + "CHECK ECB"

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 07:25 PM
hieu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just had that two light couple weeks ago.. brought it out to the dealer and they told me it was the gas cap and charged me $100 ****..... i could of replace that myself but it was to late.. i think u can bring it out to pep boy and they will check it for you no charge but try tightin ur gas cap first... good luck
Old 07-16-09, 07:38 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

just got my baby back today.. they just reset all the codes and it was fixed..

lame.. i wonder if there is a way we can reset it? i pulled the battery but i guess that doesnt do it!
Old 07-16-09, 08:01 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY
just got my baby back today.. they just reset all the codes and it was fixed..

lame.. i wonder if there is a way we can reset it? i pulled the battery but i guess that doesnt do it!
what was causing all those warning lights? were you changing just the front pads or rear as well? i always engage parking brakes when i do pads..
Old 07-16-09, 08:02 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i have no idea what caused it.. they reset it and it never came back on... wierd!
Old 07-24-09, 09:13 PM
parnun
Driver School Candidate

Same thing happened to me with my 430 after having quieter front pads installed. Headed in next week to have the codes cleared.
Old 08-07-14, 09:41 AM
Johnnyz4
Driver

Check ECB light is on, wasn't able to clear the code. Lexus wants 140 just to look at the car. Any idea before I take it in? Thank you.

Check ECB light is on
Old 07-23-16, 06:48 PM
Matt707
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default How to reset your ****..

I did brakes and rotors on my 06 gs 430, long story short, when i got back in my car and tried to test drive i had abs vcs brake light check ecb, abs was disabled , peddle was hard to push like a 68 chevelle, was told maybe speed sensors, electronic brake control, even lexus dealerships wouldnt help me.... after about 6 hrs of research i found how to fix it......
Go to your obd2 plug....
You want the 4th terminal from the left on the top row...
And the 5th terminal from the left on the bottom....
Use a jumper wire to connect the 2 when the car is off...
Turn on power to the car.....
All dummy lights will flash, dont worry...
Press brake 8 times within 5 seconds ....
Turn off power....
Unhook jumper wire....
Start your lexus, you just saved 800.00 by doing a dealership reset on your car...
I hope someone finds this useful..
I wasted a whole day and alot of stress over this, if you dont disconnect you battery when doing brakes on a lexus the pressure in the pistons and rotation of axles throws off speed sensors and abs due to uneven pressure and rotation, dealer quoted me at 675 to fix it.... i did it with a piece of copper wire, thanks to my friend who has worked at toyata for 15 yrs... good luck!
The following 3 users liked this post by Matt707:
BigDnMD46 (04-16-20), mkeeney (07-01-19), Ronalder (08-01-18)
Old 04-27-17, 05:24 PM
Jjsoliz
Driver School Candidate

Default Saved me a bunch of time and money

Originally Posted by Matt707
I did brakes and rotors on my 06 gs 430, long story short, when i got back in my car and tried to test drive i had abs vcs brake light check ecb, abs was disabled , peddle was hard to push like a 68 chevelle, was told maybe speed sensors, electronic brake control, even lexus dealerships wouldnt help me.... after about 6 hrs of research i found how to fix it......
Go to your obd2 plug....
Turn off power....
Unhook jumper wire....
Start your lexus, you just saved 800.00 by doing a dealership reset on your car...
I wasted a whole day and alot of stress over this, if you dont disconnect you battery when doing brakes on a lexus the pressure in the pistons and rotation of axles throws off speed sensors and abs due to uneven pressure and rotation, dealer quoted me at 675 to fix it.... i did it with a piece of copper wire, thanks to my friend who has worked at toyata for 15 yrs... good luck!
i tried this trick after i replaced the front brake pads on my 2006 gs430 and it worked! No ****
Old 06-25-17, 09:54 PM
car999
3rd Gear

Smile

I had the same problem ( ABS,VCS,BRAKE,PCS ...) warning lights came on with my 2009 LS600hl after a rear brake job .
I searched and found this thread and some others.
For my car , the problem is fixed by jumping the 5th pin of the top and 5th pin of the bottom rows ( instead of 4th and 5th as pointed out by Matt707 thread )
Thanks guys and good luck
Old 08-01-18, 03:45 PM
Ronalder
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt707
Go to your obd2 plug....
Turn off power....
Unhook jumper wire....
it worked!
Old 06-19-19, 02:57 PM
Deion
Driver School Candidate

Default Vsc + ebc +brake light

So this recently happened to me on my gs450h and all of my lights . we went through all the checklist checked everything and come to find out it was only that to my brake fluid was low and it cost all of my lights to come on hopefully this helps.
Old 06-21-19, 02:45 PM
Haesty
Driver School Candidate

I'm currently having the same problem on my -06 GS450h. Check VSC and ECB, ABS and brake lights are on and trac. control is off.
The shop (multi-brand) diagnosed it as a faulty ABS sensor so they got me to pay for the whole hub + sensor assembly, however the lights are still on.
I hope it's just a faulty skid control sensor wire, (part num: 89516-30030 or -30020).
I think the fault drops the VSC and ECB (and ABS?) systems from working and that makes the brakes behave differently. Also it doesn't charge the hybrid battery when braking. We'll see what happens when I take it back to the shop.
Just when I had it comprehensively serviced in a Lexus service for €€€, then this happened