GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Official Lexus F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-09, 11:03 PM
LexFather

Arrow Official Lexus F-Sport thread

I'll pretty this up soon but we are having quite a few threads about the new F-sport parts and I've noticed a redundancy in answering questions so I hope this helps everyone.

I am going to merge like F-sport parts thread and link the main threads here. For example the Sway bars will have a thread, the intake will have a thread etc and the links will be posted here. I won't start new thread, when a thread for a new part starts then I will link it.

We will have some forum adjustments soon and hopefully a seperate Hybrid forum and maybe a suspension forum.

This should help everyone have one central location to find answers to their questions.

If there are any other questions or suggestions, feel free to ask. Thanks

Mike
Parts available

Lexus debuts the parts, our thread in this forum
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ighlight=sport

Are the parts worth it
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-of-money.html

Canadian F-sport Owners FYI

F-sport Sways
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-details.html

F-sport Intake
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...al-thread.html
F-sport Intake installed pics
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...gs350-awd.html

F-sport Springs
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ech-specs.html

F-sport Big Brake Kit

Sewell Lexus GB on all F-sport parts for the GS
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...available.html

Last edited by LexFather; 06-22-09 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-18-09, 11:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GFerg

Torrance, Calif., February 11, 2009 -- Lexus today announced that it will expand its popular F-Sport Performance Accessories line. The luxury manufacturer launched its signature line of sport performance parts last spring with accessories for the IS 350 and IS 250 entry luxury sport sedans. The line will soon include F-Sport parts for the current generation GS luxury sport sedan, IS all-wheel drive (AWD), and the all-new IS C convertible coupe models. F-Sport equipped versions of the GS, IS and IS C will be on display at the Chicago Auto Show.

“F-Sport Accessories offer Lexus owners the ability to customize their vehicles to the next level of performance,” said Brian Bolain, Lexus national manager of marketing and lifecycle strategy. “Following last year’s successful launch of accessories for the IS 250 and 350 sport sedans, it was natural to expand the F-Sport accessories lineup to other Lexus performance models.”

The GS, IS AWD and IS C F-Sport accessories will include performance enhancing parts such as forged alloy wheels, brake upgrades, suspension systems, air intake, exhaust systems and more. Parts for these new models will be available as early as June 1, 2009.

F-Sport Performance Accessories by Lexus USA are engineered by Toyota Racing Development (TRD). When installed by an authorized dealer, the accessories are fully warranted for 12 months or for the balance of the new car warranty, whichever is greater.

F-Sport 18 and 19-inch Forged Alloy Wheels

The F-Sport forged alloy wheels, exclusively designed in a dark graphite finish, not only add an aggressive look to the exterior, but help enhance performance through increased strength and decreased weight. The F-Sport wheels require the use of spline-drive lug nuts, which are included in the available Wheel Installation Kit.

F-Sport Front Brake Upgrade

The Front Brake Upgrade provides a firmer pedal feel and improved fade resistance in repeated severe-duty use. The Brake Upgrade features six-piston fixed calipers and drilled cast-iron rotors with a patented internal-fin design mounted on anodized aluminum hubs. Braided stainless-steel brake lines and low-dust performance brake pads are included, and the upgrade can be used with stock or the F-Sport Rear Brake Upgrade.

F-Sport Rear Brake Upgrade

Similar in construction to the F-Sport Front Brake Upgrade, the Rear Brake Upgrade uses four-piston fixed calipers and drilled cast-iron rotors. Braided stainless-steel brake lines and low-dust performance brake pads are also included. The Rear Brake Upgrade may only be used in conjunction with F-Sport Front Brake Upgrade.

F-Sport Shock Absorber Set

Developed in cooperation with Bilstein® and available exclusively through the F-Sport Performance Accessory program, this shock-absorber set offers sport-tuned suspension dampening without sacrificing ride quality.

F-Sport Lowering Spring Set

This feature lowers the vehicle approximately one inch in the front and rear for a more aggressive appearance and a lower center of gravity. The spring set is engineered to deliver lowered ride height without bottoming out or creating a harsh ride. The sets will be specifically configured for each model and can be used with either the stock or F-Sport Shock Absorber Set.

F-Sport Sway Bar Set

The sway bar set includes larger diameter replacement front-and-rear sway bars that reduce body sway and flatten cornering. Oil-impregnated rubber bushings are also included to replace the original rubber bushings. Each vehicle’s sway bar set is specifically configured to achieve the best performance.

F-Sport Rear Chassis Member Brace

To improve chassis stiffness under aggressive driving conditions and provide a more responsive feel during cornering, the F-Sport Rear Chassis Member Brace joins key rear-chassis and suspension mounting points through this tubular steel brace.

F-Sport Performance Exhaust System

This system features all stainless-steel construction with fully polished mufflers and double-wall exhaust tips. In addition to an outstanding appearance, it delivers a powerful, sport-tuned exhaust sound while complying with established sound-level standards and does not affect emissions compliance.

F-Sport Performance Air Intake

This low-restriction intake and filter assembly is fully compatible with stock engine controls and is emission legal in all 50 states.

F-Sport Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

Constructed from real carbon fiber, this light-weight, durable engine cover provides a high-tech appearance under the hood. This is a direct replacement for the original cover.

F-Sport Performance ClutchSet

The F-Sport Performance Clutch Set, available for the IS 250 and IS 250C equipped with the manual transmission, increases clamping force approximately 16 percent to handle higher torque capacity and provide improved feel.

F-Sport Quick Shifter

Engineered and machined from billet aluminum, the F-Sport Quick Shifter for the manual-transmission equipped IS 250 and IS 250C decreases shift throw by approximately 35 percent for quicker and more positive shifting.

F-Sport Shift ****

Constructed from premium leather and genuine carbon fiber, F-Sport shift ***** are sporty and offer a comfortable curved shape. The manual **** is weighted to provide a sporty and more controlled feel while shifting. Both ***** are detailed with signature blue stitching and a silver F-Sport logo.

F-Sport Floor Mats

Made from the same high-quality 18 ounce nylon carpet as the factory mats, the four-piece set is available in black with a silver embroidered “F-Sport” logo.

Ryan again bringing us the best stuff

Originally Posted by flipside909
Here are more F-Sport GS pics from Toyotafest 2009 in Long Beach a few weeks ago:

Old 06-19-09, 01:57 AM
s3xytime
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By any chance are those taillights included in the Fsport accessory list?? If not, anyone know how I can make mine look like that?? I think they look dope.

Old 06-19-09, 07:26 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

/\/\ JazyLSU has created that look on his taillights, i would PM him.
Old 06-19-09, 08:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by s3xytime
By any chance are those taillights included in the Fsport accessory list?? If not, anyone know how I can make mine look like that?? I think they look dope.

No they are not. Those taillights were custom sprayed a matte clear by Five Axis. JavyLSU and Joe Z had it done on their cars by Five Axis.
Old 06-19-09, 08:33 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Mike, great thread bro!
Old 06-19-09, 12:15 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i need to change my pants ,
Old 06-19-09, 12:28 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

is there any info available on that lip kit? is it part of F-sport accessories also?
Old 06-19-09, 12:55 PM
dteam702
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Do all of these items compatible with GS450h??
Old 06-19-09, 02:55 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The more I look at it the hotter it is.
Old 06-19-09, 06:25 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Mike
Old 06-20-09, 08:11 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can somebody find me that f-sport emblem in the rear please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-09, 08:12 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn im likeing that kit!!! and where the hell do you get all the mouldings that were chrome to silver? or is that custom...
Old 06-20-09, 08:55 AM
LexFather

No problem fellas, this should really help a lot of GS owners/prospective owners out...

Lexus needs to pay me tides
Old 06-20-09, 11:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by stvincent
is there any info available on that lip kit? is it part of F-sport accessories also?
The lip kit is made by Five Axis. It is a one off design and there are no plans to have it produced at this time.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus F-Sport thread