GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How limited is the redline interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 10:31 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How limited is the redline interior?

Im looking for an 09 gs with the passionate black/redline interior....

Apparently a dealership in Houston, TX had one last week and was sold...im looking here in TX

Is it as simple in just asking the dealership to order one?
Old 06-01-09, 10:33 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

its an option you can get now on the newer models. its not very expensive either (i think approx 800 bucks)
Old 06-01-09, 10:37 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Do the dealerships know about this option?

Is it diff than the passionate black?

I ask bc I called the local dealership and was asking them about a passionate black interior with red stitching etc, and they had no clue what I was talking about.
Old 06-01-09, 10:37 AM
LexFather

Its going to be rare. For one dealers have not ordered many GSs. Between it not being a hot seller to the slow economy to it being a very "different" GS/Lexus interior, it will be rare. As stated it is an option and you can ask your dealer to order one but it will take months to arrive.
Old 06-01-09, 11:02 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

they should have access to the system that shows all the cars that are either on the boat, or are/will be in production soon.

have them find one and get your name on it. your port of entry will be Jacksonville.
Old 06-01-09, 11:06 AM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

There was one in Santa Monica, CA. Spottings have been seen in north carolina and jacksonville and mostly canada. Canada has more of these than the US, and it only comes with Black Sapphire Pearl exterior. I went to about 5-7 different dealerships and none had a clue about the interior, not even JM lexus (the "largest" lexus dealership in the world).
Old 06-01-09, 11:14 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Ok called the same dealership and asked for a redline interior instead of passionate black and they found some and can get their hands on them

now its just me deciding about the redline interior vs having an ML sound syatem and park assist

hmmmm

Im thinking redline, for some reason i cant seem to get over how nice the interior looks
Old 06-01-09, 11:23 AM
teemunz
Driver

If you really have to choose pick that sick a$$ interior...you can always add an amp for your factory stereo or add a couple of amps (MPA/CPA) and a sub later...

Do you really need park assist???
Old 06-01-09, 11:26 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

haha yea, i dont absolutely need park assist but did enjoy the feature when i had it...

as for the ML, I was always in the middle and didnt know if I was listening to a "upgraded" system or not. I listen to cds and mp3s, not dvd quality music

Has anyone actually seen the interior in person, is it better in person or the pics?
Old 06-01-09, 11:58 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

so there's a Passionate Black and a Red Line interior? I thought they were one in the same. I assume the Red line doesn't have the red carpet, correct?
Old 06-01-09, 12:07 PM
LexFather

They should be the same. Not even sure waht a redline interior is. I assumed he meant PB interior.
Old 06-01-09, 12:13 PM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

I believe it is one in the same....

But, the dealerships had no clue when I menioned PB, but when I called and asked for the redline preforated leather trim with dark grey maple, they knew what it was

if you go to lexus.com and look under pictures for gs, and select colors you can see it...its not labled as passionate balck but does have the red carpet etc
Old 06-01-09, 01:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by khal80
I believe it is one in the same....

But, the dealerships had no clue when I menioned PB, but when I called and asked for the redline preforated leather trim with dark grey maple, they knew what it was

if you go to lexus.com and look under pictures for gs, and select colors you can see it...its not labled as passionate balck but does have the red carpet etc
Its sad how DEALERSHIPS have so many people who simply are not car enthuiasts or even up to date on the Lexus brand. I am not surprised. It makes me wonder how much better/efficient/more sales a dealership with passionate people could be.

No joke in the U.K, Top Gear mag has a long term IS-F. when they took it in for service NO ONE knew wtf an IS-F was. They had no info, no parts, nothing in the system.
Old 06-01-09, 01:20 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No joke in the U.K, Top Gear mag has a long term IS-F. when they took it in for service NO ONE knew wtf an IS-F was. They had no info, no parts, nothing in the system.
a UK lexus dealership?!? you gotta be kidding me?
Old 06-01-09, 05:00 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its sad how DEALERSHIPS have so many people who simply are not car enthuiasts or even up to date on the Lexus brand. I am not surprised. It makes me wonder how much better/efficient/more sales a dealership with passionate people could be.

They're just dealers trying to make their ends meet.

Quick Reply: How limited is the redline interior?