GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How limited is the redline interior?

Old 06-02-09, 08:23 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So noone has seen this interior in person?

Do you know if the black rubber mats with lexus logo come with the option or is that additional?
Old 06-02-09, 08:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Stormforge
a UK lexus dealership?!? you gotta be kidding me?
Yes indeed. We got an update last month after Top Gear gave them feedback. So they implemented new traininig for every new vehicle, a new system for the service people etc. They were impressed with how serious Lexus took it.
Originally Posted by vuiskool
They're just dealers trying to make their ends meet.
Maybe its just my profession but I would try to hire people who are enthusiastic about the brand while keeping the same attributes they normally look for. Solid Training is KEY to sales. Imagine customers asking about this car and no one knows what it is. Frustrating for the customer period. Its not like Lexus has GS special editions all the time and sales are slow so there is A LOT of down time. So why not train your people?

Originally Posted by khal80
So noone has seen this interior in person?

Do you know if the black rubber mats with lexus logo come with the option or is that additional?
Not in person. The car comes with black carpet mats with a red Lexus logo. Rubber mats are optional.
Old 06-02-09, 10:15 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all your help...

I mleaning towards the gs350 with the pb interior, everything except ML and park assist....

dealership says they can get their hands on one soon, now just need to see what I can get the car for, MSRP is about 50.5K
Old 06-02-09, 01:59 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Not in person. The car comes with black carpet mats with a red Lexus logo. Rubber mats are optional.
Are you sure the mats are black? The ones on the website are red, unless this interior doesn't have floor mats...

If black mats are indeed the case, that would look a bit awkward IMO. Black over red carpet might look rather choppy.
Old 06-02-09, 07:20 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Guys, I'm geeting my 2009 GS350 AWD PB Interior/Obsidian (Canada Touring Edition) tomorrow Wednesday. I'll be posting pictures Thursday or Friday the latest. I fell in love with the car as soon as I saw it... really really nice!!

Btw... yes it does come with black mats since the car floor carpet is all red... but it's a really nice contrast as it cuts off the red a little, but in a really nice way... and the red stiching all over the leather is simply gorgeous. And the red perforated seats... Anyways, you'll see... As you can see I'm really excited about it. I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight!

But I do know the cars are rare even in Canada... I'm getting one of the first ones here in Montreal.
Old 06-02-09, 09:30 PM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MTLGS
Guys, I'm geeting my 2009 GS350 AWD PB Interior/Obsidian (Canada Touring Edition) tomorrow Wednesday. I'll be posting pictures Thursday or Friday the latest. I fell in love with the car as soon as I saw it... really really nice!!

Btw... yes it does come with black mats since the car floor carpet is all red... but it's a really nice contrast as it cuts off the red a little, but in a really nice way... and the red stiching all over the leather is simply gorgeous. And the red perforated seats... Anyways, you'll see... As you can see I'm really excited about it. I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight!

But I do know the cars are rare even in Canada... I'm getting one of the first ones here in Montreal.

I cant wait to see your pics. Im going to the dealership today or tom to see what the inventory is looking like. Im also waiting on my insurance check.

The red didnt make it look too feminine did it?
Old 06-02-09, 10:10 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I cant wait to see your pics. Im going to the dealership today or tom to see what the inventory is looking like. Im also waiting on my insurance check.

The red didnt make it look too feminine did it?
if you don't like it, i'm sure your wife/girlfriend wouldn't mind taking it off your hands!
Old 06-06-09, 11:54 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Im picking up my new 09 gs350 with pb interior in a few hours....cant wait
Old 06-06-09, 01:02 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I know how u feel right now. Good luck!
Old 06-07-09, 08:33 AM
copa
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're holding out on us, khal80. You've had your PB interior for at least 12 hours, with no posts and no pics? Your priorities are messed up.

Also, which Houston dealership did you pick it up from?
Old 06-07-09, 09:56 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

after looking at the PB scheme a few times, I like my all-black better.

my first choice would've been white leather, black trim, if it were available.
Old 06-07-09, 11:35 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Its pretty rare from what I've seen. I hunted for it for a while and most dealerships didn't know what I was talking about but a few of them claimed they had it before.

From what I see the redline interior only comes with black exterior.
Old 06-07-09, 11:52 AM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by copa
You're holding out on us, khal80. You've had your PB interior for at least 12 hours, with no posts and no pics? Your priorities are messed up.

Also, which Houston dealership did you pick it up from?
Sorry sorry sorry.....

I figured I didnt have to pose pics, bc there are detailed pics in the other thread of the interior, its exactly the same.

You have to see the interior, the pics in threads and the photos online do not do it justice at all....the red is very subtle (i mean there is red carpet etc, but its not as out there as you may think)

everyone at the dealership, who didnt know what i was talking about but found the car in new orleans, were absolutely in love with it.

The black mats make a huge difference and gives a good balance

There is no ML. Although im not a audiophile, you can tell the difference between Ml and stock...maybe not a 2k difference but there is one