GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

First MOD Done...Next!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-09, 12:23 PM
illini19
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First MOD Done...Next!

Well the first MOD is done on my 08' GS350awd. Installed VAIS Technology's SL2Vi (iPod+ video) and SL2s (Sirius) and both worked perfectly. Love them both.

There is one issue however, now that I have both installed, what good is it to have iPod+ video and no Nav Override? Who wants to push the parking brake when you want to watch video?

So the question is what is next, I beleive that is next. The Nav Override. I have seen the ones from Prestigious Society ($349.00) but have also seen similar ones on eBay for half the cost that are identical (any thoughts)?

Lastly, big big shout out to Mike (passnu2) for all his help in getting both these units installed. Since it was my first MOD, I think it's easier to watch someone else rip apart your new car - you know someone else to blame and all.

I think the more I meet the boys from Chicago, the greater the chance I will go broke
Old 05-03-09, 12:30 PM
STP
Rookie

Congrats on the first mod. The PS kit is a great product, easy to install, and easy to use. I haven't compared the other ones from ebay, but the PS was done the same time I had the SL2Vi installed. Sounds like you had help with the install, so getting this one done shouldn't be a problem. Could've saved some time and had both done since you gotta rip all that center out again and get to the back.

Good luck on your next one.
Old 05-03-09, 12:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its all down hill from here
Old 05-03-09, 12:47 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you can cut and solder some wires yourself and save yourself $340! It's really not hard and I'm sure Mike could help you out!
Old 05-03-09, 12:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^I have done both installs wire cut/PNP...and he knows I will help. Its time to lower the 4x4
Old 05-03-09, 01:11 PM
illini19
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2
^I have done both installs wire cut/PNP...and he knows I will help. Its time to lower the 4x4
Thanks all...Mike, let's see if I got the order correct:

-Nav Orerrride
-Rims (still may steal Vik's)
-Tires
-Springs
-Tint
-Attorney's Office
-Divorce Court
-Winter Tires & Rims

Pretty close huh?
Old 05-03-09, 01:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Just blame Vik...Its what I always do j/k Vik's rims would look sick on the GS. Wait to see my rims next week and see what you think.

I think you should get my springs and get some rims/tires. I think I am going to plunge to get coils...See its Vik's fault
Old 05-03-09, 01:32 PM
illini19
Rookie

Just blame Vik...Its what I always do j/k Vik's rims would look sick on the GS. Wait to see my rims next week and see what you think.

I think you should get my springs and get some rims/tires. I think I am going to plunge to get coils...See its Vik's fault
Are you rim's in yet? Thought they were shipping via Sherpa and mule. Definitely can't wait to see them on your ride. I thought my car becasue it's AWD has some issue with what springs I can use. Of course the first step is gettings some rims and tires then we can talk about the springs. PM me what springs you got again.
Old 05-03-09, 02:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ rims ship from CA on Monday. Should have them on the car Saturday. I will call you if we get it done so you can swing over.
Old 05-03-09, 10:41 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Default passnu

in your pic at the bottom with the red car is that car that low to the ground and if so isn't that kind of dangerous?
Old 05-04-09, 11:41 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

id go with the ps kit if you dont mind spend a little extra. i have one and i have to admit its still one of my favorite mods. plus if i ever have to get the dash squeeks fixed again, i can pull the kit out and not have to worry about anything.

try explaining to the dealer why you cut wires on your nav system. little extra money up front for the ps kit can save you alot if you need to use your warranty on anything electrical.
Old 05-04-09, 11:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by krava
in your pic at the bottom with the red car is that car that low to the ground and if so isn't that kind of dangerous?
only going up and down my driveway, that is where that pic was from. Its a decent incline thats all I am ~ 2" lowered. I could use just a little more in the front but it does the trick
Old 05-04-09, 05:00 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

i have to see the car!! mike.. i'll have difficulties going up your garage next time..
Old 05-04-09, 05:37 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
i have to see the car!! mike.. i'll have difficulties going up your garage next time..
you and everyone that comes over to my place I think I am going to lower it to so that will be interesting.
Old 05-04-09, 09:17 PM
illini19
Rookie

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
id go with the ps kit if you dont mind spend a little extra
That is where I am leaning towards. I will be getting the PS kit (or similar ) very soon!

you and everyone that comes over to my place I think I am going to lower it to so that will be interesting.
Mike you suk! Because of you, I was walking out to my car today and I just grimaced as I got closer and saw how high it is stock. I would have never looked at it like that if it had not been for you (and Vik for that fact). I think a change is coming my boy

Quick Reply: First MOD Done...Next!