GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How do you deal with wife/GF messing up your GS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-09, 12:10 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dump her and go gay. That's what I did

(just kidding, I got a dent in my rear bumper too)
Old 03-10-09, 02:31 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me first say there is a big difference between gf and wife. Really, you know what I mean if you are married. Because you can't legally prohibit the wife driving your car (or you think it’s your car).

None of my gfs drove my car before I got married except my wife. She once scrapped my other car against the parking garage wall (repair cost - $4K) and after we got married she backed into the same car with someone in a parking lot (another $2.5K). I was mad when she called me to report what she has just done but my first words to her were always “Are you okay?” My point is that if your lady is a keeper, you just need to think positively because it’s just life, just a car after all like someone said it. Although I do like the creative repayment method, I would exchange half of that for nice massages

As a side note, my wife does not drive "my" GS and she does not even demand to drive it.
Old 03-10-09, 02:40 PM
pjonkheer
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by memasterac
Let me first say there is a big difference between gf and wife. Really, you know what I mean if you are married. Because you can't legally prohibit the wife driving your car (or you think it’s your car).

None of my gfs drove my car before I got married except my wife. She once scrapped my other car against the parking garage wall (repair cost - $4K) and after we got married she backed into the same car with someone in a parking lot (another $2.5K). I was mad when she called me to report what she has just done but my first words to her were always “Are you okay?” My point is that if your lady is a keeper, you just need to think positively because it’s just life, just a car after all like someone said it. Although I do like the creative repayment method, I would exchange half of that for nice massages

As a side note, my wife does not drive "my" GS and she does not even demand to drive it.
Nice post. Thanks man.
Old 03-10-09, 02:44 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beat her and lock her in a closet. Its what I do
Old 03-10-09, 03:27 PM
asdfhello
Driver School Candidate

Like someone else said, get her a RX330. LOL
Old 03-10-09, 11:29 PM
LionKing
Driver School Candidate

Get her a Ford Pinto
Old 03-11-09, 05:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

How can you guys compare a car to a wife, you should be ashame of yourself. A car is only good for 3 or 4 years, thats how long most people keep their car for. On the other hand, most people keep their wife for at least 10 years before trading in for a newer model
Old 03-11-09, 06:49 AM
pjonkheer
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by The G Man
How can you guys compare a car to a wife, you should be ashame of yourself. A car is only good for 3 or 4 years, thats how long most people keep their car for. On the other hand, most people keep their wife for at least 10 years before trading in for a newer model
A newer model... I like that. Nice.
Old 03-11-09, 08:13 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Isnt that why guys are so into cars, they so much like females. You can get a nice low maintenance model which will last you a life time. It will cost you very little to keep around and the draw back is that there is not a whole lot of excitment involve and sometimes it makes un-pleasant noises.
On the other hand, you can have a high performance model that is very high maintenace and totally un-reliable. Cost you a fortune to keep around and be all your friend's envy.
If there is any females out there, yes I am a pig
Old 03-11-09, 08:23 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Originally Posted by bozer
Dump her and go gay. That's what I did

I got a dent in my rear bumper too
Is that what they're calling it now?

It used to just be plain old sodomy.

I'm here all week. Try the fish.
Old 03-11-09, 08:27 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Originally Posted by dunnojack
keep the pimp hand strong

That's going to have to be in the running for a 2009 'Nuf Said Award!
Old 03-11-09, 08:48 AM
tsavo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would never let a girl drive my car unless she was my fiance, or we were in a very long relationship.

Girls are terrible drivers.
Old 03-11-09, 09:20 AM
pjonkheer
Pit Crew

Isnt that why guys are so into cars, they so much like females. You can get a nice low maintenance model which will last you a life time. It will cost you very little to keep around and the draw back is that there is not a whole lot of excitment involve and sometimes it makes un-pleasant noises.
On the other hand, you can have a high performance model that is very high maintenace and totally un-reliable. Cost you a fortune to keep around and be all your friend's envy.
Never thought of it like that. Makes absolutely perfect sense!
Old 03-11-09, 09:46 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

spoken like a true man!
Old 03-11-09, 11:06 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by tsavo
I would never let a girl drive my car unless she was my fiance, or we were in a very long relationship.

Girls are terrible drivers.
and yet they insist we are terrible drivers....

Quick Reply: How do you deal with wife/GF messing up your GS?